Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Renovated Frost

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    The indoor golf practice facility is completed. The soccer team competes at Fishback Soccer Complex. I haven't heard of any plans to change that. Has anyone else?

SUPERBUNNY
    Just curious, but what does an indoor golf practice facility look like? Is it like the virtual golf they have at Golf Addiction along with an indoor putting green or something?
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Just curious, but what does an indoor golf practice facility look like? Is it like the virtual golf they have at Golf Addiction along with an indoor putting green or something?
      My guess is some combination of simulators, nets, greens and sand traps

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=206837962
        http://www.gojacks.com/PhotoAlbum.db...&PALBID=733848

Comment

Perfect, thanks. Must spread rep.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Anybody have any idea how much work would the department do at a time? Would they try and do all of the work from basketball season to basketball season? Would we possibly have to miss parts of seasons and play in an alternate facility?

Comment

I don't believe the facility plan listing is necessarily in priority order. It's numbered more or less from the top of the map down (SJAC being the exception). I have a hard time believing that an aquatic center would be prioritized over Frost updates.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                I don't believe the facility plan listing is necessarily in priority order. It's numbered more or less from the top of the map down (SJAC being the exception). I have a hard time believing that an aquatic center would be prioritized over Frost updates.
                I think it's prioritized pretty much like everything else--as need demands and as money allows.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thought I would share these renderings I did while in college. I made these in Sketchup, which is a free 3D modeling program, formerly by Google. This was my take on a remodel which would create a solid upper bowl with a concourse level below. I added a South addition which would house a new suite level and entry, as well as the South concourse. I also added a practice gym on the West side. I never did finish these to the extent I wanted, but now that I'm in the professional world I don't see it happening anytime soon!

These drawings are not associated with the athletic department in anyway. This is just my take on what Frost Arena could be.
                  FrostRemodel01.jpgFrostRemodel02.jpgFrostRemodel03.jpgFrostRemodel04.jpgFrostRemodel05.jpg

Link to image album: http://imgur.com/a/H6ru0
                  Last edited by LARabbit; 02-03-2015, 11:46 PM. Reason: Added link to images.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                    Thought I would share these renderings I did while in college. I made these in Sketchup, which is a free 3D modeling program, formerly by Google. This was my take on a remodel which would create a solid upper bowl with a concourse level below. I added a South addition which would house a new suite level and entry, as well as the South concourse. I also added a practice gym on the West side. I never did finish these to the extent I wanted, but now that I'm in the professional world I don't see it happening anytime soon!

These drawings are not associated with the athletic department in anyway. This is just my take on what Frost Arena could be.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]566[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]567[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]568[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]569[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see a remodeled Frost look similar to your sketches.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]567[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]568[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]569[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570[/ATTACH]
                      Nope.

An outdoor basketball court would not work in our South Dakota winters.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

With the attached renderings, are you able to given estimated guess on the seating capacity?
                        We...ARE...STATE!
                        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

The renderings don't appear to take into account the various notches and irregularities in the upper deck, such as the NE and NW corners which--IMHO--would be difficult or impossible to remove in order to achieve a full 360-degree bowl. As is, they're interesting but not necessarily terribly informative.

I think you'd need to start from as-built architectural renderings to get a more realistic idea of what a "full-bowl" upper deck would look like.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            The renderings don't appear to take into account the various notches and irregularities in the upper deck, such as the NE and NW corners which--IMHO--would be difficult or impossible to remove in order to achieve a full 360-degree bowl. As is, they're interesting but not necessarily terribly informative.

I think you'd need to start from as-built architectural renderings to get a more realistic idea of what a "full-bowl" upper deck would look like.
                            The air handling equipment will cause a similar situation in the southeast and southwest corners.
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Capacity in this configuration would be in the 6,000-6,500 range depending on the percentage of chair backs to bleacher seats. I would be difficult to exceed that without altering the roof or building footprint.

I did start from as-built plans, so to speak. To gain the full bowl effect, I removed the existing CMU walls in the north corners. The radio broadcast area is no longer used and the other side was used to house a weight room, which is obsolete with the new wellness center, indoor practice facility, etc. I believe those corners could be removed and infilled with new seating. The existing reserved seats would remain except the two ends on the upper deck, which would be demo'd to make room for new risers that align with the corner.

Here is a separate variation with the corners intact, and the line drawing of the proposed version I posted earlier: http://imgur.com/y4aEvwS

Here is a link to the images that I added on the original post: http://imgur.com/a/H6ru0

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                                The air handling equipment will cause a similar situation in the southeast and southwest corners.
                                Those are temporary

Comment

Working...
                                X