Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Renovated Frost

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I would agree, with on caveat. The video board(s).
    Although, if the video boards had never been installed there would be more pushback about poor sightlines. Or we may have had enough money to fix the upper level situation (the video boards are probably a net revenue generators for athletics though).
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I'm starting to believe we will see chairbacks on the upper south/sideline before we will see improvements to the ends with the one-section-at-a-time "improvements" Frost has seen in the last 10 (20?) years.
      very likely that could happen, i am just thinking of things i thought i recalled being talked about when i was a student and some of my own ideas to go with it.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        very likely that could happen, i am just thinking of things i thought i recalled being talked about when i was a student and some of my own ideas to go with it.
        Gotcha.

The more I think about it, the less I care about concessions and bathrooms if I can't see the freeking game. Will the updated bathrooms have flatscreens installed so I can watch the game everywhere except my seat? Cubby's has pretty good bathrooms and concessions... Kidding mostly.

The student bleachers on the ends should have never been elevated.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

When the bleachers on the ends were down on the floor the view was awesome. That would create a great student section I believe. For the price of tickets I just cannot understand why anyone would want to take a family and sit in the bleachers. My parents just quit going to games because of how hard it is to climb high enough to get a good sightline. I still go when I get tickets from season ticket holders when they cannot make games. I just hope they have a plan with how important it is to maximize one of our main revenue sources.

Comment

Hopefully getting rid of the track will solve some of the sight line problems
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              Gotcha.

The more I think about it, the less I care about concessions and bathrooms if I can't see the freeking game. Will the updated bathrooms have flatscreens installed so I can watch the game everywhere except my seat? Cubby's has pretty good bathrooms and concessions... Kidding mostly.

The student bleachers on the ends should have never been elevated.
              Totally agree. Lower the student bleacher and a new bowl on the track if built but a bit would probably fix a lot of the sight line issues. Frankly the should gut the track and current bleachers both top and bottom sides just leave the chairback main section. Take the 3 other sides and make it one giant bowl level and start court level. Not 8 feet in the air. Leave the scorers table obviously but move the media section to the top row of the bowl section. Fill in the corners as much as you can and that fixes the 2 level sight line issues. Now only how many millions would that take.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                I can't see anything major being done for quite sometime, as the new FB stadium is the main focus of the department.
                I think we all might be surprised. I've heard from pretty good sources that announcements could start happening as soon as this fall. They may still be looking for the large lead donation, but there are donors who prefer basketball over football and have already have ponied up some pretty big bucks.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  I think we all might be surprised. I've heard from pretty good sources that announcements could start happening as soon as this fall. They may still be looking for the large lead donation, but there are donors who prefer basketball over football and have already have ponied up some pretty big bucks.
                  Also heard this as well, not those exact details, but something will probably happen in the near future.

Comment

We should probably start thinking of Frost as a blank canvas rather than something where they'll tweak what's there. I suspect any changes being considered will be a pretty serious gut job. I was at the first game played there way back in 1973, so I have a soft spot for Frost. But I also have no illusions about whether or not it needs to be gutted.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
                      When the bleachers on the ends were down on the floor the view was awesome. That would create a great student section I believe. For the price of tickets I just cannot understand why anyone would want to take a family and sit in the bleachers. My parents just quit going to games because of how hard it is to climb high enough to get a good sightline. I still go when I get tickets from season ticket holders when they cannot make games. I just hope they have a plan with how important it is to maximize one of our main revenue sources.
                      "To support the team."

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        We should probably start thinking of Frost as a blank canvas rather than something where they'll tweak what's there. I suspect any changes being considered will be a pretty serious gut job. I was at the first game played there way back in 1973, so I have a soft spot for Frost. But I also have no illusions about whether or not it needs to be gutted.
                        Probably for the fact its not going to be the epicenter of SDSU sports and practice for everything it only makes sense to make it a full stand alone arena and gut it and start frest and fix most of those issues. would be a an expensive fix but probably the one it needs to be for long term fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Probably for the fact its not going to be the epicenter of SDSU sports and practice for everything it only makes sense to make it a full stand alone arena and gut it and start frest and fix most of those issues. would be a an expensive fix but probably the one it needs to be for long term fixes.
                          This is a good point. Frost is no longer the multi-use facility it once was. Gut it and customize it for its current users.

Comment

Time for a deep breath, everyone.

Please note item #10 on the 2025 Athletic Facilities Plan:

http://www.gojacks.com/downloads2/39...2208&DB_LANG=C

(Football stadium is #7 on the list, by the way--they're pretty systematically working their way through the plan.)
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not just to completely argue with the point you just made filbert, but I would like to note that #3 & #5 are not (to my knowledge) started at all.

Comment

The indoor golf practice facility is completed. The soccer team competes at Fishback Soccer Complex. I haven't heard of any plans to change that. Has anyone else?

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X