Renovated Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renovated Frost

Thought I would start new thread on timing and anticipated plans for Frost now that track can be removed and other sports are taken care of in new facility.

Re: Renovated Frost

Where do I send my money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The inside of Frost looks different this year with the new ventilation they put in this last summer. A lot less attractive though.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
        The inside of Frost looks different this year with the new ventilation they put in this last summer. A lot less attractive though.
        Pictures?
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          Where do I send my money?

Is there a jest in this question? Or are you very serious in which case, the SDSU Foundation would be where you send it. Be sure to designate how your donation is to be used otherwise it will be thrown in the Jackrabbit Club pot and used for whatever need arises.

Comment

Any renderings of future Frost Renovations? What would people like to see for new amenities. Suites, more food options and more restrooms would be my preferences. When will the track come out. Practice facility is also a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Any renderings of future Frost Renovations? What would people like to see for new amenities. Suites, more food options and more restrooms would be my preferences. When will the track come out. Practice facility is also a necessity.
              From what I understand nothing will happen until they have a lead gift of several million. Don't beleive there to be any master plan pictures yet at this time. Additional rest rooms on the south side, additional concessions, slight increase in seating capacity. I also think there is some additions to the south side of frost to include wrestling rooms, lounges etc.

But, don't hold your breath expecting any construction to start in the very near future.

GBGBGJ

Comment

The biggest disappointment with the current Frost setup is the ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE sightlines on the ends behind the standing student sections. Even if you stand the entire game, you can't see below the free throw line. I made the mistake of sitting up there for a NDSU game a few years ago, never again.

People want big crowds and a better atmosphere, and I do too. But you will rarely see them for anybody except USD/NDSU as long as fans in those sections have to watch the game on a video board anyway. If I'm going to watch a video board, I'm watching at a bar or at home. Most aren't going to pay $12 a seat for those seats when we are playing alphabet soup schools.

IMO, fixing that situation is more important than better bathrooms or better concessions. I would wager that a lead gift would come a little faster if the bathrooms/concessions were even more busy because there's an extra 500 people buying GA tickets every game.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I would love to see some sort of permanent bowl around the upper level. The upper level bleachers are almost obstructed view for the first 5 or 6 rows. Anytime I go with my family we sit at least 6 or seven rows up. The only way to improve our attendance is to fix the sight lines on the upper level.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
                    I would love to see some sort of permanent bowl around the upper level. The upper level bleachers are almost obstructed view for the first 5 or 6 rows. Anytime I go with my family we sit at least 6 or seven rows up. The only way to improve our attendance is to fix the sight lines on the upper level.
                    Every change they have made to Frost since moving D1 has made it worse for fans. I do not go to games unless I have a reserved ticket.

Comment

I would agree, with on caveat. The video board(s).

Comment

Make a permanent bowl on the top level and lower the student and season ticket sections. Get them closer to the court will help with sight lines. Plus consessions and bathrooms updated. I don't think frost is as big of an issue as cas is but is needed to maximize revenue. Fixing those sections and getting better built in bleachers or seats on the track level is a must.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          Every change they have made to Frost since moving D1 has made it worse for fans. I do not go to games unless I have a reserved ticket.

Accurate. I own 8 season tickets and have for 7 years. As of today I don't think I'm buying 8 again next year. Multiple factors at play. One that isn't a positive is the experience at Frost. It's crummy. Concessions are terrible, the bathroom situation is a joke and honestly the atmosphere isn't a draw like it use to be. Add the new Summit schedule and an extremely weak non-conference schedule (tough to change that) and I just can't get excited about the cost to own that many season tickets.

Need to do something about Frost. In a perfect world somebody would build a brand new facility and Frost would be the practice gym.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Renovated Frost

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            I would agree, with on caveat. The video board(s).
                            Yes, the video board was a good addition. The hair handling units are ugly, but necessary. The new entryways are nice as well. However, the seating changes have all been bad, really bad.

I can't see anything major being done for quite sometime, as the new FB stadium is the main focus of the department.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Make a permanent bowl on the top level and lower the student and season ticket sections. Get them closer to the court will help with sight lines. Plus consessions and bathrooms updated. I don't think frost is as big of an issue as cas is but is needed to maximize revenue. Fixing those sections and getting better built in bleachers or seats on the track level is a must.
                              I'm starting to believe we will see chairbacks on the upper south/sideline before we will see improvements to the ends with the one-section-at-a-time "improvements" Frost has seen in the last 10 (20?) years.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X