Bye Week Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Week Practice

I happened to be in Brookings this afternoon around 4:15 pm and decided to drive through campus and get a closer look at the indoor practice facility. I must admit I was a bit surprised to see the football team practicing in fairly heavy rain, given that it is a bye week and we have a number of injuries already. In a normal year when we are healthier, I wouldn't have had a second thought about the practice. But, with as banged up as we are, I was thinking an extra day of rest might have been appropriate. Honestly, I thought the team as a whole looked a little slow and sluggish against Oshkosh - perhaps another reason for a day off.

Re: Bye Week Practice

Originally posted by Reality View Post
    I happened to be in Brookings this afternoon around 4:15 pm and decided to drive through campus and get a closer look at the indoor practice facility. I must admit I was a bit surprised to see the football team practicing in fairly heavy rain, given that it is a bye week and we have a number of injuries already. In a normal year when we are healthier, I wouldn't have had a second thought about the practice. But, with as banged up as we are, I was thinking an extra day of rest might have been appropriate. Honestly, I thought the team as a whole looked a little slow and sluggish against Oshkosh - perhaps another reason for a day off.
    They were practicing Tues, Weds, and Thursday. Off days of Mon, Fri, Sat, and Sunday.Coach Stig that in multiple interviews they were taking it easy this week.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      They were practicing Tues, Weds, and Thursday. Off days of Mon, Fri, Sat, and Sunday.Coach Stig that in multiple interviews they were taking it easy this week.
      I was told that this weeks practices weren't going to be too slack. While the team was there, they were going to work hard. They are using the benefit of an extra week to better prepare for Illinois State. Hopefully having two weeks to prepare compared to Illinois State's one will end up making the difference we need. It is going to be a difficult game going to a conference foe's newly renovated stadium when they are ranked #23 in the nation. Times like these, one really wishes we had our pre-season all-conference quarterback.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Hopefully the coaches get some good recruiting time in this weekend as well.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
        X