2014 Student Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Student Section

I've thought the student section has done a great job this season and I hope they keep it up

The UW-Oshkosh game was over by halftime but most of the students stayed until well into the fourth quarter. When UW-O scored the field goal with about six and a half minutes left in the game, ending hopes for a shutout, people started leaving in droves. If I had to guess, I'd say the percentage of early departures was greater for the adult crowd than the student crowd Saturday.

Re: 2014 Student Section

Absolutely. Great job students!
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      I've thought the student section has done a great job this season and I hope they keep it up

The UW-Oshkosh game was over by halftime but most of the students stayed until well into the fourth quarter. When UW-O scored the field goal with about six and a half minutes left in the game, ending hopes for a shutout, people started leaving in droves. If I had to guess, I'd say the percentage of early departures was greater for the adult crowd than the student crowd Saturday.
      If I had been at the game, it would have very tempting to watch the conclusion on WNAX. Sitting is getting harder and with no suspense, it's a good reason to leave.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 09-22-2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        ... watch the conclusion on WNAX.
        Anybody remember those old "I Saw it on the Radio" commericials from the early 80s, I think?
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
          Anybody remember those old "I Saw it on the Radio" commericials from the early 80s, I think?
          Tyler paints such a good picture with his words to really give the feel you can watch the game from the radio.....but honestly Tyler does a great job, so even though its more fun to watch the game, listening to him you really dont feel like your missing out on much. He makes it very enjoyable to listen too.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I think a lot of it was students too! Because the entire section I was in was students, and they all left at halftime. I think true football fans watch until the whole game is over. Just saying.
            Great moments are born from great opportunities.
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I agree with this ^^^^. I sit right next to the students in Section D and about 15 rows up. At halftime, there were only a few scattered students left in the entire student section in the rows above us. The rows below us were semi-full still.

Can't say I blame them, the game was a little dull, weather got chilly, etc. I give the students a lot of credit however, as the first two games have been packed - at least at the outset. More competitive games and better opponents will hopefully keep them there throughout in the home games to come.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                I agree with this ^^^^. I sit right next to the students in Section D and about 15 rows up. At halftime, there were only a few scattered students left in the entire student section in the rows above us. The rows below us were semi-full still.

Can't say I blame them, the game was a little dull, weather got chilly, etc. I give the students a lot of credit however, as the first two games have been packed - at least at the outset. More competitive games and better opponents will hopefully keep them there throughout in the home games to come.
                Being a student, I understand why some of them left. It wasn't a game and students don't directly pay to get into sporting events. It would be a lot different if we were invested in the game. I guarantee that there won't be a mass exodus in a competitive game. I do believe that we have done a good job of getting loud and into the Cal Poly and first half of Oshkosh games.
                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I guess I have a different perspective on it because I don't always make it up to games, and when I am there I am stoked to have the opportunity. I do understand that it was pretty much a warm up. Not even close to a football game. I still think it was fun to watch. I mean come on people. It's football for cryin out loud.
                  Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                  ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                  X