Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cannon WTF

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the cannon idea at all. I have small kids. They are in grade school and both hate very loud noises such as fireworks, etc. I'm sure they'll learn to like them when they get older, just not now.

A completely unoriginal idea as well. I will second (or 3rd) the motion for a large cowbell. Why not make it a big deal and have an "honor ringer" for every game, kind of like the Seahawks have for raising the 12th man flag?

That is, as long as we don't have another Texas Tech bell ringer incident.
    Seems like NDSU copied this idea from Northern Colo. Now we are copying from NDSU? What is next? The PA guy at the top of his voice "Every one up, the march is on". I am with TK, this loud noise is not children friendly. These are the fans of tommorow. We should take a long term look at this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      MVFC rule: http://www.mvc.org/manual/football.pdf

Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers shall not be permitted to be brought
      into or used in Valley football stadiums. Member institutions shall not
      distribute or sell any item(s) that may be used as artificial noisemakers.
      The intent of the rule is to prohibit activities that disrupt play or create
      unfair advantage. Thunder sticks, cow bells and horns fall into those
      categories. Non-prohibited activities include the following:
      (1) Putting “make noise” on the video board
      (2) Shaking keys on kick offs
      (3) Drum cadence prior to and during a kickoff that is non-disruptive.
      OK, so we can't bring cowbells into the stadium because they are "artificial" noisemakers.

So how do you classify a cannon?

If the SDSU athletic department is using the loophole (if you can call it that) of "the intent" specified above, then let's use that same loophole to bring back the Roto-Rooter to the Dykhouse overlook.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        I'm not a fan of the cannon idea at all. I have small kids. They are in grade school and both hate very loud noises such as fireworks, etc. I'm sure they'll learn to like them when they get older, just not now.

A completely unoriginal idea as well. I will second (or 3rd) the motion for a large cowbell. Why not make it a big deal and have an "honor ringer" for every game, kind of like the Seahawks have for raising the 12th man flag?

That is, as long as we don't have another Texas Tech bell ringer incident.
        my thoughts exactly, honorary bell ringer. dont some schools have like a victory bell or something that that effect a student gets to ring every game or TD?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Kind of a weak cannon if you ask me.Looks kind of like WW-2 era 105mm howitzer,except smaller?Ex-military guys?

Comment

Couldn't make it to the game. Thoughts on the cannon? Is our future fan base intact?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              Shoot an imaginary projectile across the field (all fans follow with pointed fingers) to hit (ring) giant Cowbell?

Could be cool. maybe not?
              Maybe ricochet off giant Cowbell ,and still following with finger,and hitting a second cow bell on the other side of the field.Downside,would take too long and interfere with the flow of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                ...Maybe Dana hates cowbells?...
                Really? That's below a cheap shot...that's a worthless shot. You're better than that.

Comment

The cannon is probably here to stay. I was a little worried yesterday that the barrel was going to get hot.

Now, if we ever lead the team to the field with the mascot riding a Harley, I'm going home.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    The cannon is probably here to stay. I was a little worried yesterday that the barrel was going to get hot.

Now, if we ever lead the team to the field with the mascot riding a Harley, I'm going home.
                    The Harley has happened before and I've been a fan since 2004.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Yes, I recall the Rabbit on a motorcycle like 7 years a go or so. No need to bring that back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

USD and NDSU think the Harley ride is cool and that's more than adequate proof that it is not.

Maybe it's an indoor thing.

Comment

USD and NDSU think the Harley ride is cool and that's more than adequate proof that it is not.

If its done once a year, with a veteran or someone important riding the Harley its alright, but those schools that do it every home game with the mascot, it gets old and looks stupid. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            If its done once a year, with a veteran or someone important riding the Harley its alright, but those schools that do it every home game with the mascot, it gets old and looks stupid. IMHO
                            The use of Cannons and Motorcycles are I would guess committee decisions that are endorsed by every level up to the president. So what we post here is just sharing of opinions. I can accept these decisions because I came to watch football.

I remember the Mediocre years where fans left after the Pride performance. It bothered me and I thought that Pride should play to 32 game minutes and we should play football at half time. Thank goodness the egotistic maniac and perfectionist band director retired and football program improved.

Comment

I don't know but sorta like the cowbells?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                I don't know but sorta like the cowbells?
                                Exactly like the cowbells. (If cowbells were allowed) I assume using cowbells would be the last noisemaker that a loyal Coyote would consider using. I think each school tries to develop its unique atmosphere etc. and I'm not interested in doing what my competitors, particularly local conference competitors, are doing for their game-day atmosphere. (And for that reason, I have a good laugh when some of our Bison friends take their annual shots at tailgating outside Coughlin Alumni Stadium. They take their shots; we take their money and have a great time.

In the end, shooting a canon (and even riding a Harley) won't mean much to me. If it turns some people on, good for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X