Cannon WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cannon WTF

This was my first home game, and my first experience with the cannon. I must say the cannon is much like our fans on third down and making noise. Hardly noticeable. I made more noise with M-80 fire crackers.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-12-2014, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      This was my first home game, and my first experience with the cannon. I must say the cannon is much like our fans on third down and making noise. Hardly noticeable. I made more noise with M-80 fire crackers.
      Did you stay past halftime? The fans were GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        Did you stay past halftime? The fans were GREAT!
        I left with 42 seconds on the clock and MSU turned the ball over on downs. Yes the fans were great, I was trying to be funny.

I doubt your kids were bothered by the cannon. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I left with 42 seconds on the clock and MSU turned the ball over on downs. I doubt your kids were bothered by the cannon. What a joke.
          Not that I really care, but I think the sound of the cannon might be louder or quieter depending on where you sit/wind direction, etc. In the middle of the east side at the top, it did seem quiet. Towards the middle of the west side, all the way north, it seemed pretty loud.

Whilst we're lambasting things that don't matter, I'd like to the see all the outer lighting on the side of the IPF alternate betwixt yellow and blue.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I believe that the student section has turned up the noise to a different level than in years past. In the fourth quarter, everyone of us that remained were going crazy while the team was on defense. If we can get that from 3,000+ students on Hobo Day, our defense could reach another level as well.
            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Not that I really care, but I think the sound of the cannon might be louder or quieter depending on where you sit/wind direction, etc. In the middle of the east side at the top, it did seem quiet. Towards the middle of the west side, all the way north, it seemed pretty loud.

Whilst we're lambasting things that don't matter, I'd like to the see all the outer lighting on the side of the IPF alternate betwixt yellow and blue.
              Seems like the cannons in the Fargo Dome and one in Missoula (1993) were much louder. Being outdoors, tends muffle the sound. I was sitting in Section F Row 17, and it sure did not get my attention too much.

Comment

One of the tds if tront of the dykhouse made one of the refs jump you could see it on tv when the cannon went off.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                X