Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 4: UW-Oshkosh Titans

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    I didn't watch the game but saw on the scoring plays that Jacks' kicked a FG with virtually no time left. Why did they do that?
    It's an opportunity to work on the snap and hold. I had no problem with it. I did have a problem with Zenner being in the game in the 3rd qtr...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I didn't watch the game but saw on the scoring plays that Jacks' kicked a FG with virtually no time left. Why did they do that?
      Practice makes perfect and there is no better time than in a game where both coaches and both teams have mutual respect for one another. Stig knew he would not be offending the opponent. Both teams understood the meaning of this game. I feel a lot better with the DIII game than I did when I heard it was scheduled. Wind really blew before the game cramping my style in the tailgate lot but it was still a very successful day. A lot of Yankton people that have never been to a Jackrabbit game were there yesterday, this is a good thing.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It was fourth down on about the 5 yard line with something like 50 seconds left. Probably too much time to take a knee without looking patronizing. The Titans probably would have had to come out and run a play with their backs to the goal line. Considering the Jacks two previously missed FGs, they did need the work.
        This space for lease.

Comment

I think Zenner played the first series of the third quarter. That was it. Now he and the rest of the team are off until Oct. 4. Maybe the coaches wanted the starters to stay used to warming up and playing after a halftime break. The QB probably benefitted, too. He's still adjusting to being the first-stringer.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Practice makes perfect and there is no better time than in a game where both coaches and both teams have mutual respect for one another. Stig knew he would not be offending the opponent. Both teams understood the meaning of this game. I feel a lot better with the DIII game than I did when I heard it was scheduled. Wind really blew before the game cramping my style in the tailgate lot but it was still a very successful day. A lot of Yankton people that have never been to a Jackrabbit game were there yesterday, this is a good thing.
            Overall I thought Oshkosh had some players that could play above the DIII level. I know I would like to have that big # 88 running pass patterns out of the tight end spot for the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Overall I thought Oshkosh had some players that could play above the DIII level. I know I would like to have that big # 88 running pass patterns out of the tight end spot for the Jacks.
              I agree, that dude was an impressive player.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Spot on. He is a beast. They need to get him the ball more.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Oshkosh was significantly more talented than the D1 Valparaiso team that came here a few years back...

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                    Oshkosh was significantly more talented than the D1 Valparaiso team that came here a few years back...
                    Agreed. I recall watching Valpo warming up and thinking they had some big dudes on their team. A few minutes later the Jackrabbits took to the field and it seemed the Jacks were an average of two to three inches taller than the Valpo guys -- same proportions -- and I remember thinking we're gonna roll over Valpo because we're so much bigger. I didn't notice such an obvious size difference between SDSU and Oshkosh (we were bigger but not like the stark difference with Valpo). I thought that on average we were noticeably quicker but as others have pointed out, Oshkosh had several very good athletes who clearly could be playing at a higher level.

I have always heard the league in which Oshkosh, Lacrosse et al are members has a lot of passing. I think in our game Oshkosh had to go to the run more than they probably wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Agreed. I recall watching Valpo warming up and thinking they had some big dudes on their team. A few minutes later the Jackrabbits took to the field and it seemed the Jacks were an average of two to three inches taller than the Valpo guys -- same proportions -- and I remember thinking we're gonna roll over Valpo because we're so much bigger. I didn't notice such an obvious size difference between SDSU and Oshkosh (we were bigger but not like the stark difference with Valpo). I thought that on average we were noticeably quicker but as others have pointed out, Oshkosh had several very good athletes who clearly could be playing at a higher level.

I have always heard the league in which Oshkosh, Lacrosse et al are members has a lot of passing. I think in our game Oshkosh had to go to the run more than they probably wanted.
                      The WIAC is an excellent D3 conference and I think more often than not, the best team in the Pioneer League (Butler, Drake, Valpo, etc...) would not win that conference. However, because of the Dayton rule (If a school is DI in all other athletics it can't be DIII in football even if it is non-scholarship), the Butlers, Drakes, and Valpos of the FCS world count toward our playoff resume, even if they might not be as good as teams in the WIAC.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                        I was about to correct you and then it dawned on me that we played Butler last year and not Valpo. I would rate the Wisconsin conference over the pioneer based on the numerous good athletes. Butler and Valpo have more academic requirements. I could be very wrong, often students are shally gifted in the classroom and in the gyms and fields.

Comment

Working...
                        X