X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 3: Southern Utah

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Not a true statement.
    Look at the schedule, it is as true as it gets. A loss to SUU means the Jacks must beat either NDSU or UNI on the road(at least one of those will be with a 2nd string QB and the other our star RB has never gone for more than 50 yards against), look at our history at those two schools' venues(not to mention run the table against a tough MVFC, Missouri State gives us fits every year). I'm as positive as the next guy, but it's a pretty true statement. 7 D1 wins and we are out, unless miraculously the rest of the field sports the same # of wins.

A funny side note UNI is going to Hawaii this weekend. That's pretty cool.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The owner of Kravn and 212 is from brandon. I assume that would be the connection.

Comment

212 in Brandon has always had the football and Jackrabbit basketball games on whenever we've gone to watch.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'll be there Saturday. Probably not right until kickoff as I have a 4 year old's birthday party to attend. I'll be cutting that short.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Looks like they have a Detour set up already

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/tr...ill-take-weeks

Comment

Looks like I'll be in Brookings watching at Cubby's. A bunch of us are throwing a going away party for a friend who is moving to Denver. Should be a good time.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Krav'n is the place that also serves cotton candy. It's free to everyone, but usually you have to ask for it.

Last time I was there the flavor was strawberry. TK was not impressed with the strawberry. Then again it probably isn't meant to be eaten alongside hot wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  Look at the schedule, it is as true as it gets. A loss to SUU means the Jacks must beat either NDSU or UNI on the road(at least one of those will be with a 2nd string QB and the other our star RB has never gone for more than 50 yards against), look at our history at those two schools' venues(not to mention run the table against a tough MVFC, Missouri State gives us fits every year). I'm as positive as the next guy, but it's a pretty true statement. 7 D1 wins and we are out, unless miraculously the rest of the field sports the same # of wins.

A funny side note UNI is going to Hawaii this weekend. That's pretty cool.
                  Add to it the MVFC is undefeated OOC vs FCS teams, even ISU blue won one. Going to be brutal. Missiouri State looks tough this year.

Comment

I get it. It's a big game. They all are. But 'must win' it is not, not by definition anyways. The Jacks could lose this game, and possibly 2 more, and still make the playoffs. That is far from 'must win' in my book.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If people are assuming with good reason we loose at NDSU and UNI that we already have 3 losses with that line of thinking. This I would say in a key win. Sure helps trying to make the playoffs winning these games. Sure we can lose it and not be eliminated from play off talk, but that means UNI or NDSU will need to be a win. or we can afford a loss anywhere else on the schedule. Basically the way I see it and with any luck the team does too, is that this is the most important game of the year. Then next game becomes the most important game of the year.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Does any one else remember Zenner's first touchdown of his career. A 27 yard carry against SUU first game of his red shirt freshman year. I hope he gets a few more against them this weekend.

Comment

I can recommend Krav'n, only a few blocks from my apartment. Been there for many sports viewing events. Good wings, good pizza, good beer. Great patio. I see TK there all the time. He loves to drink Cheladas with his wings and cotton candy.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            Looks like they have a Detour set up already

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/tr...ill-take-weeks
                            According to JT Hassell the team is flying out Friday morning, so the roads shouldn't be a problem.
                            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I don't now if this has been posted yet, but this year Tyler and Stig are doing weekly football updates recapping the week that was and talking about the upcoming game, basically its a 5 minute Jackrabbit Insider/Jackrabbit Journal.

Here is this weeks video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzbt...bOuoRqOPhdTXUQ

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                I get it. It's a big game. They all are. But 'must win' it is not, not by definition anyways. The Jacks could lose this game, and possibly 2 more, and still make the playoffs. That is far from 'must win' in my book.
                                Actually, you aren't getting it, if the jacks lose 3 games they are cooked. Look at the schedule, I can't do the work for everybody up,in here. If they lose this weekend they will only have one more game they can lose, or they are out. In short this game is a must win.
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X