Week 3: Southern Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Week 3: Southern Utah

I'm starting to get really excited about this year's team.

The Dline was supposed to be a question mark, and they are playing great. Good, young, linebacking corps. Good Defensive backfield. with good depth. WR's look solid. Wesley's speed was made for the slot. Good depth in the Backfield, behind a superstar tailback...both Gandy and Mangarelli are capable.

SU played Nevada close, and hung with SELa the week before.

Impressed with Lujan...he's not a star player at this point yet, but he seems fairly calm and confident, and can steer the ship until Sumner returns.

This could be one of our best teams ever. However, the Valley looks killer tough this year. Just insane how good this conference is. There will be a bump in the road somewhere most likely.

Comment

On a side note, I noticed that the crowd appeared to be mostly female. A quick google showed that SUU has a student population made of 63% females and 37% males.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        On a side note, I noticed that the crowd appeared to be mostly female. A quick google showed that SUU has a student population made of 63% females and 37% males.
        Why didn't I know about this when I was looking at schools?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Why didn't I know about this when I was looking at schools?
          Most colleges are majority-female nowadays.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            Stats like that make a guy want to go back to college.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Most colleges are majority-female nowadays.
              Not 63-37 they aren't

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Not 63-37 they aren't
                Hopefully they arent a huge party school too. Thats like a double wammy.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Hopefully they arent a huge party school too. Thats like a double wammy.
                  I believe you'll find the student population to be heavily Mormon. Not sure if that speaks to your comment or not, but thought it might be relevant. When we were there in '04 we went to the library on campus Friday afternoon and asked what people did on the weekends for fun. The answer we got was mostly go home or go to the bowling alley.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                    I believe you'll find the student population to be heavily Mormon. Not sure if that speaks to your comment or not, but thought it might be relevant. When we were there in '04 we went to the library on campus Friday afternoon and asked what people did on the weekends for fun. The answer we got was mostly go home or go to the bowling alley.
                    So what your saying is they are no arizona state or cali party school. Bowling is pretty fun though.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      So what your saying is they are no arizona state or cali party school. Bowling is pretty fun though.
                      It's really fun when the student population is 63% women.

Comment

Working...
                      X