Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin's Recovery

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    No matter what the record, you go with Austin.

Reason #1 - he has the playoff experience. This year is about winning in the playoffs, not just getting there. Austin gives you a better chance to win in the playoffs due to experience.

Reason #2. - Austin has more talent at this point in time. Austin won the QB battle in spring and fall camp. He gives the Jacks a better chance to win any game.
    Those are 2 ridiculous assertions, especially #2. He won the QB battle? L-O-L

If Lujan is playing lights out (a major if at this point) when Sumner is fully recovered you stick with Lujan. If Stig goes with Sumner and it all falls apart he should be held fully responsible.

I need to see Lujan play more before getting overly excited.

It is my sincere hope we're not all here to sit at the 50 yard line in a circle and sing Koombaya while holding hands. We need to WIN.

Comment

No matter what the record, you go with Austin.

Reason #1 - he has the playoff experience. This year is about winning in the playoffs, not just getting there. Austin gives you a better chance to win in the playoffs due to experience.

Reason #2. - Austin has more talent at this point in time. Austin won the QB battle in spring and fall camp. He gives the Jacks a better chance to win any game.
      So if Lujan had a win at UNI AND NDSU, youre still going to be worried about playoff experience? And I feel you shouldnt lose your job from injury, but a backup sure can EARN it by playing well if he gets the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        Those are 2 ridiculous assertions, especially #2. He won the QB battle? L-O-L

If Lujan is playing lights out (a major if at this point) when Sumner is fully recovered you stick with Lujan. If Stig goes with Sumner and it all falls apart he should be held fully responsible.

I need to see Lujan play more before getting overly excited.

It is my sincere hope we're not all here to sit at the 50 yard line in a circle and sing Koombaya while holding hands. We need to WIN.
        Ridiculous??? Your a funny guy TK. Good thing I never take you seriously.

Hey I live in Minnesota where everyone's favorite player is the back up QB.

I also am a lifetime GB Packer fan who suffered thru back up QB's after Rogers got hurt. It didn't take McCarthy long to stick A-Rog back in did it? I guess it was a ridiculous decision seeing how Matt Flynn played lights out the game before.

The whole exercise is futile anyway. It is hard enough to win in those two domes with your #1 QB let alone your back up QB. I thought they had a chance with their #1 QB to win those games. I don't think they do with the back up QB. Win the rest of the games starting Saturday.

So you call it ridiculous that I would start a very established, All Conference veteran over a rookie for a playoff game?

Ummm - who started at QB on Saturday? - Austin did, not Lujan. Austin won the QB battle. This is FACT. And you call it a "ridiculous assertion." Wow...

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper 76 View Post
          So if Lujan had a win at UNI AND NDSU, youre still going to be worried about playoff experience? And I feel you shouldnt lose your job from injury, but a backup sure can EARN it by playing well if he gets the opportunity.
          If your last name is Favre maybe. Sorry, Lujan played very well, but he did not show he was better than Sumner. The game was close with Austin in it.

Comment

If your last name is Favre maybe. Sorry, Lujan played very well, but he did not show he was better than Sumner. The game was close with Austin in it.
            And you are assuming Im basing that off of one game. Im going off of the hypothetical that he played well the whole season till Sumner is healthy again. And to infer that the reason the game got out of reach in the fourth because of Lujan compared to Sumner is silly. Lujan brought us back to within 3 pts. Am I saying he is better right now? No. But if the offense is humming 8 weeks from now and we only have one more loss, it does not become as simple as you make it out to be. The Rodgers comparison is silly. Hes one of the top 3 qb's in the NFL. To be compareable to that Sumner would have to be one of the top three in FCS.

Comment

Ummm - who started at QB on Saturday? - Austin did, not Lujan. Austin won the QB battle. This is FACT. And you call it a "ridiculous assertion." Wow...
              Speaking of taking people seriously...........

You claim that there was a "QB Battle" that Sumner won makes you look like a complete idiot. There was not a "battle". Summer was the starter. Period. There was zero chance he was going to be unseated.

If there was a "QB Battle" as you claim, doesn't that completely defeat your argument that Sumner should start when healthy? This QB battle you speak of infers that Lujan and Sumner are on somewhat of an equal footing.

Please, tell us more of this QB Battle.

Comment

Hey I live in Minnesota where everyone's favorite player is the back up QB.

I also am a lifetime GB Packer fan who suffered thru back up QB's after Rogers got hurt. It didn't take McCarthy long to stick A-Rog back in did it? I guess it was a ridiculous decision seeing how Matt Flynn played lights out the game before.

The whole exercise is futile anyway. It is hard enough to win in those two domes with your #1 QB let alone your back up QB. I thought they had a chance with their #1 QB to win those games. I don't think they do with the back up QB. Win the rest of the games starting Saturday.

So you call it ridiculous that I would start a very established, All Conference veteran over a rookie for a playoff game?

If Austin was out for a week or two, I would completely agree with you. But Lujan will have three quarters of a season's worth of experience by the time Austin is OK'd to play. And it is unlikely he will be at 100% when that happens.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                  Speaking of taking people seriously...........

You claim that there was a "QB Battle" that Sumner won makes you look like a complete idiot. There was not a "battle". Summer was the starter. Period. There was zero chance he was going to be unseated.

If there was a "QB Battle" as you claim, doesn't that completely defeat your argument that Sumner should start when healthy? This QB battle you speak of infers that Lujan and Sumner are on somewhat of an equal footing.

Please, tell us more of this QB Battle.
                  I agree, no QB battle. Cam Newton could have been in spring training, and Austin would have started at QB against Mizzou.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

And you are assuming Im basing that off of one game. Im going off of the hypothetical that he played well the whole season till Sumner is healthy again. And to infer that the reason the game got out of reach in the fourth because of Lujan compared to Sumner is silly. Lujan brought us back to within 3 pts. Am I saying he is better right now? No. But if the offense is humming 8 weeks from now and we only have one more loss, it does not become as simple as you make it out to be. The Rodgers comparison is silly. Hes one of the top 3 qb's in the NFL. To be compareable to that Sumner would have to be one of the top three in FCS.
                    Exactly.

I nominate Shot to go stand in front of the team and call Lujan "a rookie".

Comment

Austin might be one of the top 3 QB's in FCS. He was picked first team all conference in what many consider to be the toughest FCS league.

Comment

No question Austin is the man until he broke foot bones in three places. We are not getting any updated info on the healing progress because its too soon. The injury occurred less than a week ago. If Austin hides any thing from the coaches and/or trainers it will catch up with him. I am purely speculating, but I don't see him coming back at all. Until we get some updated information about recovery, I don't seem very optimistic about him playing again.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Austin might be one of the top 3 QB's in FCS. He was picked first team all conference in what many consider to be the toughest FCS league.
                          But not much known for qb prowess. You would be hard pressed to find someone outside our forum who thinks that way. I think he was capable to get there, but I think you could argue top ten pretty well.

Comment

I sure hope the team is a lot more focused on what happens this week, and the next 5-7 games, instead of worrying about the "qb controversy" everyone thinks is going to happen. There are so many things that can happen in between now and then that its absolutely pointless to be arguing about. This almost makes me feel like im reading bisonville right now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                              I sure hope the team is a lot more focused on what happens this week, and the next 5-7 games, instead of worrying about the "qb controversy" everyone thinks is going to happen. There are so many things that can happen in between now and then that its absolutely pointless to be arguing about. This almost makes me feel like im reading bisonville right now!!!
                              This "boy I hope the team is more focused on the next game" crap is so old. If the teams thought process is influenced by an online fan forum then we have even bigger problems than a injured qb. We are fans, we have the luxury of being able to look ahead, behind, and at hypotheticals. To say this shouldnt be talked about is silly. A qb injury and situation when he comes back is going to be any fan bases largest talking point. Isnt that part of the point of a fan board, being able to argue about these things?

Comment

If we are in a position that someone can argue that Lujan should start over Sumner...we are in a great position. A great starter and a great back-up QB heading into the playoffs. If the team is playing lights out under Lujan, I bet Sumner would be a team player and accept his role and go into cheerleader mode. Obviously he would rather play, but he is not the arrogant type. Whatever benefits the team.
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X