Austin's Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin's Recovery

After receiving permission to start putting weight on the foot, Austin headed straight to the new treadmill pool (one of the three new rehab pools in the new SJAC facility). As long as I am on this subject...an additional thought. Zach Lujan has done a great job considering the sequence of events that faced him. But I believe that Austin is prepared to exceed that if he can get the foot fully healed. Either way, I'm extremely glad that Lujan is on the squad and was available when Austin went down.

Comment

Per Vandrovec, 3 more weeks at best...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Hard to not feel bad for Austin if it continues to get pushed back. At Saturdays game he was very into it, trying to get the crowd going and getting in on all the timeout huddles and such. Also spent a lot of time talking to Finnes and Little when the jacks were on offense and then talking to Lujan when they were on d. Great to see he is still being a leader even though he's not on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Per Vandrovec, 3 more weeks at best...
          Meaning he is out 3 more weeks or he will potentially be ready to go in 3 more weeks?

11/2 - at NDSU

or

11/9 - ISU-B

I think I wouldn't mind seeing him in 3 weeks, if he can do it.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

From what I am hearing the last three regular season games is the likely availability for Austin. But he has begun running and doing drop backs and game specific actions in the pools.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

NDSU's DLine eats QB's for lunch. If we see Austin on 11/1 it may be in a back-up role. Give Lujan and his mobility a shot against NDSU and see what happens. I'm probably crazy but I think you have to think a little out of the box when it comes to knocking of a team that has won 31 straight games (likely 32 when SDSU heads to Fargo).
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                NDSU's DLine eats QB's for lunch. If we see Austin on 11/1 it may be in a back-up role. Give Lujan and his mobility a shot against NDSU and see what happens. I'm probably crazy but I think you have to think a little out of the box when it comes to knocking of a team that has won 31 straight games (likely 32 when SDSU heads to Fargo).
                I think it would be prudent to strongly consider waiting one more week with Austin in that situation. There would still be three regular season games left for him to get back in the swing of things heading into the playoffs.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                  I think it would be prudent to strongly consider waiting one more week with Austin in that situation. There would still be three regular season games left for him to get back in the swing of things heading into the playoffs.
                  Stig at the Stater's Luncheon today said things aren't progressing as quickly as they'd hoped. I wouldn't hold my breath on Austin playing against NDSU.

Comment

If we beat YSU, I wouldn't expect to see Sumner against NDSU. If we lose, I would still expect Lujan to start against NDSU, but it wouldn't surprise me if things are still close and Lujan has some missteps, they throw Sumner in a la the Kansas game. I know people think 7 games in the Valley still get's us in.....I wouldn't bet on it....
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

• Re: Austin's Recovery

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      If we beat YSU, I wouldn't expect to see Sumner against NDSU. If we lose, I would still expect Lujan to start against NDSU, but it wouldn't surprise me if things are still close and Lujan has some missteps, they throw Sumner in a la the Kansas game. I know people think 7 games in the Valley still get's us in.....I wouldn't bet on it....
                      I 100% agree, the Jacks are basically 4-2 right now, the Oshkosh game meant nothing. SDSU NEEDS 7 D1 wins, which would be 8 total, to be in the playoff picture. I think if they get 8 the Jacks are in, I can't see a 5-3 Valley conference record not making the playoffs this year. If they end up 4-4 or worse, in the Valley, no chance at the postseason in my eyes.

Comment

• Re: Austin's Recovery

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                        I 100% agree, the Jacks are basically 4-2 right now, the Oshkosh game meant nothing. SDSU NEEDS 7 D1 wins, which would be 8 total, to be in the playoff picture. I think if they get 8 the Jacks are in, I can't see a 5-3 Valley conference record not making the playoffs this year. If they end up 4-4 or worse, in the Valley, no chance at the postseason in my eyes.
                        With the non conference success, i cant see a Valley team NOT making the playoffs with a 5-3 record.

Comment

Working...
                        X