Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin's Recovery

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
    So I'm a little behind on this conversation, but from reading back, did someone actually suggest there was an offseason QB battle!? Where do you some of you people come up with this stuff!? If that's the case, then I'm hearing from my sources that Zach Zenner won the starting running back battle in the offseason. I hear the coaches thought he ate too many chalupas at Taco Bell in the offseason and they needed somebody to push him.
    Well, those are my two cents, I'm going to go over to the Bison board now and tell all of them that their National Championships were flukes......
    Chalupas and gorditas will do that everytime.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't see much competition with a guy 4 years in the system and one 4 months in the system. That said Lujan has really done a great job with such little time in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
        So I'm a little behind on this conversation, but from reading back, did someone actually suggest there was an offseason QB battle!? Where do you some of you people come up with this stuff!? If that's the case, then I'm hearing from my sources that Zach Zenner won the starting running back battle in the offseason. I hear the coaches thought he ate too many chalupas at Taco Bell in the offseason and they needed somebody to push him.
        Well, those are my two cents, I'm going to go over to the Bison board now and tell all of them that their National Championships were flukes......
        No battle, just a poor choice of words and a lot of over reaction. There was as much of a battle in training camp for the QB spot as there will be a battle/decision when Austin comes back.... No brainer, it is Austin's job when he recovers.

Comment

Austin doesn't need surgery.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/ter...view/15365999/
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Per TV tweet - Stig estimates that Austin is probably three weeks away from returning. Has doctor's appointment today.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Per TV tweet - Stig estimates that Austin is probably three weeks away from returning. Has doctor's appointment today.
              If i do the math right that puts him at the 8 week time frame right? its been a long day at work.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That puts him back in play for NDSU.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'm guessing there will some time between being "back" and being game-ready. Hopefully less rather than more.

Comment

Per Terry V....Austin is out of the boot...and can officially begin to rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
                      Per Terry V....Austin is out of the boot...and can officially begin to rehab.
                      Did Terry say out of the boot or not using the scooter?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Did Terry say out of the boot or not using the scooter?
                        Putting weight on it and off the scooter.

Comment

He is out of the boot.

Comment

In or out of the boot, he still is not 100%.

Comment

If he's out of the boot, that is a good sign. I remember having to leave my foot in the boot for precautionary measures for an additional two weeks, although the fracture appeared healed.

I was able to do stuff on it after I was out of the boot with some pain, but my biggest problem was the cardiovascular limitations. I'm sure part of Austin's rehab includes some of that stuff to get his lungs/heart ready to go as quickly as possible too.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

As mentioned, hopefully Sumner is maintaining his conditioning to the extent possible. When I had a foot injury years ago, I started swimming laps to minimize impact on the fracture (and gained a much greater respect for swimmers). I'm sure the training staff on top of this, but IMO, nothing is the same as getting real practice/game reps.

Comment

Working...
                                X