Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU, the Chuck Norris of college football (in their own minds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU, the Chuck Norris of college football (in their own minds)

Just saw this post below over on B-Ville... The annual hallucinations have begun.... One would sincerely hope they schedule 'Bama or Florida, so they can go "take their money and teach them how to play football," as one of their posters put it.

It's time for NDSU to play a top level FBS program.

Seriously play LSU or Bama or Florida or Nebraska or Texas or Oklahoma St or Oregon or USC. I want to see NDSU get pushed to the limit to the point of it requiring a perfect game with some good bounces to have a chance at a win.

Re: NDSU, the Chuck Norris of college football (in their own minds)

FYI That thread was started by a un_ troll in the smack page.

Comment

I'm by no means a fan of ndsu but it would be fun to watch them play some of the big dogs in fbs. Theres no denying they took it to Iowa State yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Just saw this post below over on B-Ville... The annual hallucinations have begun.... One would sincerely hope they schedule 'Bama or Florida, so they can go "take their money and teach them how to play football," as one of their posters put it.

It's time for NDSU to play a top level FBS program.

Seriously play LSU or Bama or Florida or Nebraska or Texas or Oklahoma St or Oregon or USC. I want to see NDSU get pushed to the limit to the point of it requiring a perfect game with some good bounces to have a chance at a win.
        A) So you think a Bisonville user with a name like thebigund is a Bison fan? Is yoteforever a Jacks guy? Jeesh.

B) http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...P-PLAYING-THEM

C) The Bison just beat a Big XII power in Iowa State. We are obviously unstoppable and unbeatable.

Comment

Unfortunately the Thundering Turd have earned the right to brag. Three FCS titles, five victories over FBS, and 20+ game winning streak. Tough to "smack" on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            Unfortunately the Thundering Turd have earned the right to brag. Three FCS titles, five victories over FBS, and 20+ game winning streak. Tough to "smack" on that.

EIGHT victories over FBS teams!!!

Ball State
            Central Michigan
            Minnesota
            Kansas
            Minnesota
            Colorado State
            Kansas State
            Iowa State

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
              EIGHT victories over FBS teams!!!

Ball State
              Central Michigan
              Minnesota
              Kansas
              Minnesota
              Colorado State
              Kansas State
              Iowa State
              Look at all those "powerhouse teams" might as well be ranked right up their with Florida State, Bama, and Oregon. I don't know who the next FBS opponent is for the bison but i hope they aren't picked to finish at the bottom of the conference and are in a p5 conference. Not trying to take anything away from their wins because they are impressive and SDSU has yet to win 1 fbs game but they haven't really played the same level of FBS teams like the Jacks have the past couple of years with the likes of Nebraska and Missouri. Don't try and tell me that KSU and ISU are better then UNL and Mizzu.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Bison View Post
                FYI That thread was started by a un_ troll in the smack page.
                Or this

• IBleedYellow

We could beat Missouri.
                  After seeing how SDSU played against Mizzu yesterday. We could beat them.

When they get out free they are scary fast, but if we could contain them we would be able to play with them. I'd love to see us play a team from the SEC and play tight with them.

4:31 PM

• Re: We could beat Missouri.
                  Absolutely. Anyone outside of top 20 in my opinion
                  I am the 6th fan from Culiacan!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

That is EXACTLY when you smack... "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
                  - Sen. John Blutarski

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    Look at all those "powerhouse teams" might as well be ranked right up their with Florida State, Bama, and Oregon. I don't know who the next FBS opponent is for the bison but i hope they aren't picked to finish at the bottom of the conference and are in a p5 conference. Not trying to take anything away from their wins because they are impressive and SDSU has yet to win 1 fbs game but they haven't really played the same level of FBS teams like the Jacks have the past couple of years with the likes of Nebraska and Missouri. Don't try and tell me that KSU and ISU are better then UNL and Mizzu.
                    K-State last year was every bit as good as Nebraska was last year, heck they were probably better. ISU sucks though, obviously.

Comment

Bisonville= Do not go there!!!! Why ruin your Labor Day Holiday? Stay here and read all the lies about how good SDSU is this year. After all the Bison are still undefeated won this and won that. Why do even play those guys?

Comment

The Bison have beaten 5(maybe 8) also ran FBS teams.

That being said, our guys have yet to accomplish this. We can't put it together in a manner to do so. Hell even the Non-Glenn era dogs beat Minnesota (why do you think there is a mandate to no longer schedule FCS teams).

I throw this out there for discussion: Have the jacks failed to put it together due to payers, Coaching personnel, or are we just plain overmatched in most every respect.

AND for the record both Bo Peleni and I know we beat Neb. the first time we faced them.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          This seems like pretty much what OP was saying...

Bison fans realize that although impressive, their FBS wins weren't the cream of the crop. While several might be considered solid, they haven't exactly beaten college football royalty. Due to NDSU fans traveling so well they haven't played in front of hostile crowds bordering on 100,000 (like SDSU and most FCS schools have to). If I were a Bison fan, I would want to test the team against a little stiffer competition too. Honestly, I would love to see them take on FSU or Oregon. It would either take them down a notch or prove once and for all how good they are. Because they appear to be extremely good.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Say whatever you want, but the Kansas State win last year was legit.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              K-State last year was every bit as good as Nebraska was last year, heck they were probably better. ISU sucks though, obviously.
                              Ill take 2013 UNL over 2013 K-State especially if its played the first game of the season when KSU is starting a new QB who hasn't seen the field before because of Collin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X