Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU, the Chuck Norris of college football (in their own minds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU, the Chuck Norris of college football (in their own minds)

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Ill take 2013 UNL over 2013 K-State especially if its played the first game of the season when KSU is starting a new QB who hasn't seen the field before because of Collin Klein.
    2013 Nebraska almost lost their first game to Wyoming. You sure you want to go down this road? I also remember Minnesota running all over UNL and Iowa demolishing them.

The Big 10 was horrendous last year, Big 12 was rock solid. The UNL team you should be talking about is 2010, that was a very solid UNL team and SDSU almost beat them.

Comment

Ill take 2013 UNL over 2013 K-State especially if its played the first game of the season when KSU is starting a new QB who hasn't seen the field before because of Collin Klein.

lol....ok

i love how we always get told we play crap teams, but finally catch one on a good year, defending B12 champ, on the hottest day of the year where any other FCS team would have crumbled and we win....but somehow it still isn't enough for some credit to our coaches and players, I don't care what others say to our fans but those guys have earned every win
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
        2013 Nebraska almost lost their first game to Wyoming. You sure you want to go down this road? I also remember Minnesota running all over UNL and Iowa demolishing them.

The Big 10 was horrendous last year, Big 12 was rock solid. The UNL team you should be talking about is 2010, that was a very solid UNL team and SDSU almost beat them.
        Almost lost so meaning they didn't lose. What about the UNL wins against Georgia and Michigan? Those are pretty solid wins. KSU loss to Texas who wasn't that great last season. That's nothing to be proud of, but they also beat Oklahoma on a neutral field. Your not going to change my mind who is the better team and i probably wont change yours. All of this is opinionated and cant be proven who would win. Agree to disagree I guess but i'm standing by my statement.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          lol....ok

i love how we always get told we play crap teams, but finally catch one on a good year, defending B12 champ, on the hottest day of the year where any other FCS team would have crumbled and we win....but somehow it still isn't enough for some credit to our coaches and players, I don't care what others say to our fans but those guys have earned every win
          Did i not give out credit to NDSU? Please refer to my 1st post in this thread. All I said that is that I'm taking UNL over KSU in 2013.

Comment

Almost lost so meaning they didn't lose. What about the UNL wins against Georgia and Michigan? Those are pretty solid wins. KSU loss to Texas who wasn't that great last season. That's nothing to be proud of, but they also beat Oklahoma on a neutral field. Your not going to change my mind who is the better team and i probably wont change yours. All of this is opinionated and cant be proven who would win. Agree to disagree I guess but i'm standing by my statement.
            KSU did take it to Michigan last year. Although UM was without Gardner. Nebraska was up and down last year and very inconsistent. I would've taken KSU slightly

Comment

The reason I said almost lost is because you made it seem like they would likely beat K-State if they played right away, the fact that they had all kinds of issues against a horrible Wyoming team in game one kind of negates that point. Nebraska had a horrible defense last year, they were lucky that they were not in the Big 12 because Ok State, Texas Tech, Baylor and Oklahoma would have done bad things to them. They did beat UGA in a bowl game, but that was an UGA team without Aaron Murray. That is like playing SDSU with Zenner not being able to play.

Like I said if you want to talk about a UNL team that was better than K-State, perhaps try the 2010 version. I have to give an edge in 2013 to K-State.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
                KSU did take it to Michigan last year. Although UM was without Gardner. Nebraska was up and down last year and very inconsistent. I would've taken KSU slightly
                A lot of people took it to Michigan last year. Michigan lost six of last eight and finished in bottom half of Big 10 whatever division last year.

Comment

Until SDSU beats a FBS team we have no right to try and bring down what NDSU has accomplished. When we lost to Kansas it was their only win of the year!!!! We have had our chances against crap FBS teams and haven't got it done, while NDSU has consistently got it done

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                    Until SDSU beats a FBS team we have no right to try and bring down what NDSU has accomplished. When we lost to Kansas it was their only win of the year!!!! We have had our chances against crap FBS teams and haven't got it done, while NDSU has consistently got it done

Exactly. NDSU is on an entirely different level than anyone else in the FCS right now....and it isn't even close.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                      lol....ok

This here.

NDSU has proven it on the field consistently against FBS teams.

It is going to take a FCS team with a very good defense to beat the Bison this year. From what I have seen from teams so far this year, there isn't one.

LOL.....and fans thought this Bison team was going to be down.....16-0 is a definite possibility. UNI will be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                        This here.

It is going to take a FCS team with a very good defense to beat the Bison this year. From what I have seen from teams so far this year, there isn't one.

LOL.....and fans thought this Bison team was going to be down.....16-0 is a definite possibility. UNI will be tough.
                        It's one game. LOOOOONNNNNNGGG season ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          It's one game. LOOOOONNNNNNGGG season ahead.
                          Nope might as well just get ready for next year. Not even the Seattle Seahawks defense could stop the Bison this year. Game Over

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                            This here.

It's the 1st week of the season bud. There will be a big difference between teams now and halfway through the season.

Comment

Long season...I wish! Another 15 (or 16) win season will be over in a flash. I can't imagine losing more than one game this season. Two losses seems inconceivable at this point. I think 99% of us Bison fans would end up in psychiatric wards if we lost that many games. The thought of ever becoming like the rest of you normal FCS football programs makes me feel sick to my stomach. I hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                                Long season...I wish! Another 15 (or 16) win season will be over in a flash. I can't imagine losing more than one game this season. Two losses seems inconceivable at this point. I think 99% of us Bison fans would end up in psychiatric wards if we lost that many games. The thought of ever becoming like the rest of you normal FCS football programs makes me feel sick to my stomach. I hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime.
                                Funny I always thought most ndsu fans probably came from a psych ward. So once you guys lose a game or god forbid 2 games it will be like a going home party for all your fans.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X