Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 MVFC Scoreboard

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Another interesting tidbit, I think SDSU is the only team who has not had at least one losing season in league play since 2008. Everybody else has had at least one sub-.500 conference season since we joined.

I'm not sure what that proves, other than its a tough league.
    What it proves is the east coast bias and BS conference influence have cost many really good MVFC teams playoff appearances. If that happens again this year I might just...........it really irks me that the MVFC does not get the respect it deserves. 4 playoff teams is a must and 5 should be in play this year, maybe even 6.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      What it proves is the east coast bias and BS conference influence have cost many really good MVFC teams playoff appearances. If that happens again this year I might just...........it really irks me that the MVFC does not get the respect it deserves. 4 playoff teams is a must and 5 should be in play this year, maybe even 6.
      For that to happen there would probably need to be a very complex round robin of each of those teams losing 2 or 3 games each. Anyone worked that out on paper?
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The only conference game has WIU at SIU. The Leathernecks lead 14-7 early in 2nd quarter. UNI was pounding Tenn Tech and Indiana St was handling Liberty in OOC play.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Illinois St completes the sweep of OOC games for the MVFC. It is 48-6 over Austin Peay(OVC) in the 3rd quarter. SIU will be the 1-0 team as they have 17 point lead with 4 minutes to play. It will be great to have the rest of the teams active next week.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Illinois St completes the sweep of OOC games for the MVFC. It is 48-6 over Austin Peay(OVC) in the 3rd quarter. SIU will be the 1-0 team as they have 17 point lead with 4 minutes to play. It will be great to have the rest of the teams active next week.
            Almost a sweep of OOC FCS games for the MVFC. USD messed that up by losing to Montana.

Comment

**Peering in Crystal Ball*** All MVFC teams with 8 wins, and no more that 3 conference losses will be in the play-offs.

Comment

Indiana has had more impressive non conference wins then us and just made it on the media top 25. Amazing how much last year matters in the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                  Indiana has had more impressive non conference wins then us and just made it on the media top 25. Amazing how much last year matters in the polls.
                  Yes, tough for media and coaches to toss out perception based on last year results. Over in the AGS fans poll ISU(b) is into the teens. Great severe test for ISU(b) with UNI coming in Sat.

Comment

To max out MVFC spots, WIU/USD need to absorb most of the MVFC losses and end up 0-8 & 1-7 in conference play. If every body else ends up 5-3 should maximize play-off spots. It will be interesting to see now that 8 MVFC teams are in the top 25 how much anybody changes if say IL St loses to SDSU, but beats NDSU (example)

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                      The media poll is a complete crock of ****.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...ot225poll.aspx

In addition to the poll itself being a travesty, look at the others receiving votes. It makes no damn sense at all. How, at this point, does Tennessee Tech have any votes? They are 1-3 and have been completely blown out by two MVFC teams.

I can't even stand to look at that abomination anymore. It makes me want to scream.

The Coaches Poll is just as bad. ISU-B not even ranked, but NAU, who lost to USD, is? Charleston Southern?

My God, sometimes, I wish we were closer to the east coast so we could pick up some of these easy wins that the CAA gets with the likes of the NEC, MEAC, and Big South.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        To max out MVFC spots, WIU/USD need to absorb most of the MVFC losses and end up 0-8 & 1-7 in conference play. If every body else ends up 5-3 should maximize play-off spots. It will be interesting to see now that 8 MVFC teams are in the top 25 how much anybody changes if say IL St loses to SDSU, but beats NDSU (example)
                        The conference basically screwed itself by adding USD. Not playing a round robin really hurts us for multiple bids because not everybody gets to play the worst schools.

Assuming USD and WIU actually are the worst teams in the league, MSU and ISU-b are at a disadvantage because they don't play both schools. ISU-r, Youngstown, and SIU have an inside track because they don't play NDSU, UNI, and SDSU.

No point complaining, it is what it is.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          The conference basically screwed itself by adding USD. Not playing a round robin really hurts us for multiple bids
                          The record numbers for bids from a conference are 5 from CAA in 2011 and 4 from the Big Sky last year.

Neither conference played a round robin.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            The record numbers for bids from a conference are 5 from CAA in 2011 and 4 from the Big Sky last year.

Yep the secret to more bids is to actually be a bigger conference with several really bad schools at the bottom to fatten up on.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

You are correct. However, those conferences are large enough that every few seasons a less than playoff caliber team hits the lotto and plays a couple of bad schools and doesn't play the top tier at all. A non-round robin schedule would actually be advantageous if the MVFC would expand to 12 schools.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                                Yep the secret to more bids is to actually be a bigger conference with several really bad schools at the bottom to fatten up on.
                                Exactly.

Time to call up those downstream buddies of yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X