2014 MVFC Scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 MVFC Scoreboard

Pretty impressive week for MVFC. Currently 8-0 with USD within a TD midway through the 4th quarter.

Comment

Da Grizz with be lucky to keep it within 3 TD's next Saturday in Fargo after watching that game on Midco Sports. Ugh. Outside of EWU, the Big Sky is the epitome of fluffy this year, and again this year I'm not convinced eWU will out score everyone to a National Championship. At some point you have to play a little D.
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        I think Montana wins by less than 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Looks like your the winner.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Credit to USD, they performed way better than I thought they would. Montana is going to get drilled next week.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Looks like your the winner.
            Hey, check out post #9. I had guessed Montana by no more than a touchdown.

I've tried to pay attention to Montana...they are not going to have a great season. However, since the Big Sky is turning out to be weaker than I had first guessed, perhaps Montana will end up with a decent record. But the MVFC is showing it is wayyy above the Big Sky this season. Now, that having been said, I also think that the Bison are deserving of the #1 ranking until someone proves otherwise. BUT Montana will expose some weaknesses. Or perhaps the Bison on their own will show they do not play flawlessly all the time (see the Weber State game). Since the game is in the brick box, I say there's no way NDSU loses to Montana but the margin will be no more than 12: NDSU 24, UM 12.

Comment

When conference play gets underway, it's gonna be a war.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                When conference play gets underway, it's gonna be a war.
                Oh Lord, isn't this the truth. Probably the one problem with the MV, our teams beat each other up too much which in turn makes a lot of teams look average. Which those of us that see the games vs just the scores, know the truth. Yes, 4 and maybe even 5 teams in the playoffs is very accurate. LOVED what Missouri St did to uND! Congrats with Jacks/Jack fans with your win AND shutout!!

Comment

Week 3:

Illinois State vs Eastern Illinois 34-15
                  Indiana State vs Ball State 27-20
                  NDSU vs Incarnate Word** 58-0
                  WIU vs Drake 38-13
                  YSU vs Butler 44-13
                  SIU vs SE Missouri State 50-23
                  Missouri State vs UND 38-0
                  SDSU vs SUU 26-6
                  USD vsMontana 20-28
                  UNI vs Hawaii 24-27

Almost a clean sweep this weekend. Great showing by USD against Montana. Montana is going to get blown out against NDSU next Saturday if they play like they did against the yotes.

Comment

Week 4:

WIU vs Northwestern 7-24
                    SIU vs Purdue 13-35
                    USD vs NAU 28-21
                    NDSU vs Montana 22-10
                    UNI vs Northern Colorado
                    SDSU vs UW-Oshkosh
                    MSU vs Central Arkansas
                    YSU vs St. Francis PA
                    Last edited by SanDakotaState; 09-20-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Week 4:

WIU vs Northwestern
                      SIU vs Purdue
                      USD vs NAU
                      NDSU vs Montana
                      UNI vs Northern Colorado
                      SDSU vs UW-Oshkosh
                      MSU vs Central Arkansas
                      YSU vs St. Francis PA
                      A few good games in there. I will be keeping an eye on Missouri State vs. Central Arkansas and USD vs. NAU.

Also, I think SIU and WIU both will be competitive against the low-end Big 10 teams they play this week. I will pick SIU for the upset.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Lots of viewing options if you are mostly stuck inside like me today (baby duty). WIU-Northwestern and SIU-Purdue are on TV now (Big Ten Network and ESPN News).

WIU's defense looked pretty bad on NW's opening drive but they marched right down the field for a TD in response.

SIU has two turnovers in the first few minutes, probably already enough to doom them against an FBS team.

Midco has USD/NAU and I beleive the NDSU/MT game is on ESPN3 at 2:00 and 2:30.

Comment

Northwestern 14, Western Illinois 7 at the half.
                          Purdue 28, Southern Illinois 3 at the half.

Watched a little of the Western Illinois game. Leathernecks not doing themselves any favors (dropped passes etc.,) BUT they're showing some signs of life too. Coach Nielsen will continue to improve that program. Is it possible to call more than half the teams in a conference "upper half"? Might have to do that with the rising fortunes of some teams in the next few years as Western Illinois forces its way into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Northwestern 14, Western Illinois 7 at the half.
                            Purdue 28, Southern Illinois 3 at the half.

Watched a little of the Western Illinois game. Leathernecks not doing themselves any favors (dropped passes etc.,) BUT they're showing some signs of life too. Coach Nielsen will continue to improve that program. Is it possible to call more than half the teams in a conference "upper half"? Might have to do that with the rising fortunes of some teams in the next few years as Western Illinois forces its way into the mix.
                            I think you are spot on about Nielsen and improving the program. Right now I have viewed WIU as a gimme , this year we might have a battle given just down one score at half against a B-10.

Comment

Agree about WIU showing signs of improvement. There won't be a single "sure-thing" win on the MVFC portion of the schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Bison early 3-0. 11:23 first quarter
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X