Opening weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening weekend

Jacks volleyball teams wins 3 of 4 matches in Maryland tourney. They lost their first match on Friday, 3-0 to University Maryland-Baltimore County, and then finished the tourney by defeating Weber State, University Maryland-Eastern Shore, and Fairleigh Dickinson all by 3-0 scores. Great start ladies.

Re: Opening weekend

Nice to see a good start to the season. They have a home tournament next weekend so it'd be a good opportunity to see them in action.

Comment

I am at the match between the Jacks and UMKC. We lost the first game 35 to 33 and are down big in game two. It could be another long season.
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Anybody close to volleyball have explanation why we are so bad? Is it lack of talent, coaching, injuries, young team? All of the above?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Anybody close to volleyball have explanation why we are so bad? Is it lack of talent, coaching, injuries, young team? All of the above?
          Wife took my girls to the UNO match on Sunday. Said Jacks were not as talented as UNO. I think there have been some injuries as well. USD absolutely whipped the Jacks the week before, wasn't even close. VB program as a lot of work to do to improve and compete in the this league.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I watched the State/U game on MidcoSports...well a little anyway. It reminded me of when we played Nebraska in the NCAA's. Except we were playing UsD...at home...it was brutal.
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Wife took my girls to the UNO match on Sunday. Said Jacks were not as talented as UNO. I think there have been some injuries as well. USD absolutely whipped the Jacks the week before, wasn't even close. VB program as a lot of work to do to improve and compete in the this league.
              Agree to disagree. We are as talented as UNO. Basically 2 new setters this year that the hitters have been getting used to. Believe we have the front row talent, but need to shore up the defensive play in the back row. Injuries have played a role in this also. We are young also, with only one senior.

Comment

Is coach seat or is this fixable in short term?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                  Agree to disagree. We are as talented as UNO. Basically 2 new setters this year that the hitters have been getting used to. Believe we have the front row talent, but need to shore up the defensive play in the back row. Injuries have played a role in this also. We are young also, with only one senior.
                  Very fair I assume. I was not there. I was told that UNO had better hitters, setters and defense. That doesn't mean SDSU isn't talented. That said, I think its clear, SDSU has some work to do to match the quality of play at this level.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Having watched many of the matches I think we have alot of D2 talent playing Div 1. Defensively we need to improve vastly. We need to expand our recruiting.

Comment

The game I watched, it seemed to me at times we had more athletically talented players vs Valpo, but not enough of them. We need to add a few more pieces to get the complete package. We're not there yet. We can't sustain any momentum gained .We lost the match 0-3.

Comment

Working...
                      X