• Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT week 1

Stig: "So disappointed for Sumner. This is bigger than the loss to Mizzou."

Stig says he's out 6-8 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Stig: "So disappointed for Sumner. This is bigger than the loss to Mizzou."

Stig says he's out 6-8 weeks.
      I would imagine that would hinge on how Lujan is playing at that time.

Comment

As someone else said, you gotta play error free against FBS teams. This game would've been closer without them (obviously). But, I liked what I saw from the defense (after the 1st quarter) and Lujan looked good.

Comment

Honestly, I'm proud of how the team responded. It could have been a 61-7 game since we lost Sumner. Instead, it was competitive until the end. I think this team is the real deal. Let's see how we respond next week.

Comment

We didn't get shut out. I'm good with that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Comment

I like how we responded after losing Sumner. I figured we would be running Zenner more and they would stack the box and key on him. Then on the passing situations, bring the house. We ended up hanging around and they didn't really put us away until late. If this was supposed to be the toughest game, I like our chances. Hurts to lose Sumner for an extended period, though.

Comment

21-18 before the kick return. That doesn't happen and it's a dogfight. 3 picks, one in the endzone and a fumble at the 10 yard line. This is a good Jackrabbit team. Defense struggled a bit early but looked great in the middle of the game. Passing game was very good, granted they were keying on Zenner. This is a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  21-18 before the kick return. That doesn't happen and it's a dogfight. 3 picks, one in the endzone and a fumble at the 10 yard line. This is a good Jackrabbit team. Defense struggled a bit early but looked great in the middle of the game. Passing game was very good, granted they were keying on Zenner. This is a good team.

Exactly how I felt about the game

Comment

One more thing, Mizzous punter was fantastic. That makes a big difference. Jacks need to get special teams right. Liability.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sumner did not look good, I think he shoulder is giving him more pain then what he is telling the coaches. Jack D looked good should keep them in games. The back up did a nice job, played with confidence. Might not really hurt the offense with Sumner out.

Comment

Anyone got a vid of Zenners TD??

Comment

Honestly our backup playrd lights out. Outside the pick in the endzone that was a hell of a game for being put on the spot like that.

Comment

Things I took away, a lot of questions answered:
                            Haven't felt that sick for a player being injured in a long time. I hope he is alright and I feel nothing but heartsick for Austin.
                            Lujan is pretty damn good. great execution. Think about the playbook being so limited and just being thrown in the fire like that.
                            Weinecke(sp) is a beast.
                            Weinecke and Schneider are going to be very, very good, big targets.
                            That was supposedly one of the best D-Lines in the SEC. If so our Offensive line did really well, they couldn't pop Zenner out too much, but pass protection was good.
                            Our Defense will be good, once they settled down, they did a good job.
                            We always try to overthink our punting and kicking against FBS teams, it'll be fine.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

For those that may be wondering, I believe the medical hardship application requires the SA to be incapacitated for the remainder of the season.

Edit: I haven't been able to track down the actual bylaw, but there are plenty of applications to be found via Google.

Comment

Not too upset given the circumstances. I overreacted terribly when Sumner went down. I felt like it was going to spiral out of control. Credit to Lujan for coming in and playing an excellent ball game. I was impressed. On to Cal Poly. Lets start the home slate with a huge W.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X