GDT week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT week 1

This Jacks team with yesterday's effort would have beaten the Iowa State team I saw yesterday by about the margin the Bizun did. Iowa State is a mess; their OLine is big but not very agile, their QB is not very quick footed and not accurate, their D seemed back on their heels from the second quarter on. But I am sure over on Bisonville they are just short of Oregon and much better than Mizzou.

Comment

One thing that I would like to see is more freedom for the interior line to try and be disruptive. I've never been much of a fan of how the d-line plays so far off the ball and seems to be so focused on their assignment and gap that they don't make as many plays as they could. As good as Langer is and will develop to be it would be fun to see him have the go ahead to wreak havoc at all times

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        6-8 weeks is only a guess, not determined at this point, and anything beyond 8 is arguably rest of season anyway.
        And they are always appealable anyway.
        Like you say 6-8 weeks is a guess, he could end up doing surgery or it may take 11 weeks which would make it season ending injury. The next question I have is that would a medical redshirt affect this academic progress chart or would he over shoot the time frame with a Medical redshirt? I believe each SA has 5 years to obtain a degree. Seems like he has already used a red shirt year which would make him a sixth year senior. I find it interesting the discussion regarding the pulling of the red shirt from true freshman Little.

Comment

I was fortunate to attend the game. But, the heat and humidity was horrible. Give our guys a lot of credit for battling through that and playing a good SEC team really well. I think the defense and offense overall played well. The kickoff return did hurt, but we also went 100% on field goals/PATS and Mizzou missed 2 field goals. What you might not have been able to see on TV is the number of blocks in the back that were not called on Mizzou during punt and kick returns. It was absolutely horrible and sometimes right in front of officials. I think it was actually very positive that the punt team didn't give any big returns up given the number of clips. If we play like we did at Mizzou and continue to improve, it will be a successful season. We handled the size and speed of Mizzou very well on most plays. I hope the guys can get rehydrated and have a good week of practice as the heat and bus ride probably take a lot out of them.

Comment

Working...
          X