Conference Predictions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Predictions!

I'm in no position to judge the entire conference, I don't know enough about each of the teams.

However, just taking a shot in the dark...

I think the top 3 will be
    1. N. Iowa (Just got a strange feeling...really hope we can beat those guys, but they have been tough on our team )
    2. NDSU and SDSU will battle it out.
    4. ? No idea about the rest...

Too many unknowns out there... Illinois St.? Youngstown? Mo. State? S. Illinois? - I could see any of these teams contend, or drop off.

Indiana State really seemed to struggle last year with the loss of Coach Miles.
    I think USD will be improved, again. but still in the bottom half.

Not sure what to expect out of Western. But I would think if they finished in the top 4 it would be a surprise.

Post your conference predictions here.

Re: Conference Predictions!

Thanks for playing everyone!

Comment

1. NDSU
      2. UNI ---top 2 for sure
      3. Illinois State
      4. SDSU
      5. SIU ---Between 3 to 7, it could be a dogfight
      6. Missouri State
      7. Youngstown State
      8. USD -- They have the toughest schedule
      9. Western Ill --- getting better
      10. Indiana State ---not sure they can field a competitive MVFC team.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

**AFTER FIRST TWO WEEKS**

1) UNI-as long as they stay healthy they look to be the cream of the crop.

2) SDSU-I feel like this is the year we take out the Bison in the dome and Zenner FINALLY tears them a new one to the tune of 185+. Then they drop a stupid game against MSU or Ill St.

3) ndsu-Loses to SDSU and UNI. After their Weber game, they dont seem nearly as unstoppable, despite what bisonville thinks. QB Wentz cracks against the two toughest D's he faces all season.

4) SIU-Very solid team, just not enough there to crack the top three. They tend to be UNI's achilles heel though.

4) Ill St.-Solid team, middle of the pack team. Will know more after this week vs EIU.

5) YSU- Per their MO, start hott with a good showing vs a FBS, the flame out at the end of the season

6) MSU-They look to be building off of last season. Would not be shocked by a playoff run from them.

7) Ind. St.-Look to be much improved this year actually winning an OOC FCS game fairly convincingly, even if TTU sucks.

8) usd-Loss of QB+not astounding team=rough year for the puppies. Enjoy the cellar.

9) WIU-Cause somebody has to be last.

Overall I think the conf is much improved over last year, which is scary. I see a clear separation between the top three and then 4-7 I can see beating anybody and the rest are going to take some beatings but will still keep most games close. I see at least three maybe four playoff teams if the top half dominates the rest well enough.

Comment

**AFTER FIRST THREE WEEKS**

1) NDSU-Iowa St. W, two mediocre opponents afterward. IMHO, after MT/USD - NDSU will destroy Montana. Until someone takes the Bizun down, they have every right to be as pompous as always. However, after their Weber game, they don't seem nearly as unstoppable, despite what bisonville thinks. QB Wentz cracks against the two toughest D's he faces all season. SDSU needs to take Bison out in Fargo this year. Their road trip to UNI will be telling.

2) SDSU-I feel like this is the year we take out the Bison in the dome and Zenner FINALLY tears them a new one to the tune of 185+. Then they drop a stupid game against MSU or Ill St. Both of these teams are playing well this season, as is SIU. Jacks have STRONG D, and possess more O weapons than even last year's team. Lujan is doing good, but has inexperience TOs. If/When Sumner gets back, I like our chances for a strong Dec. run.

3) UNI-as long as they stay healthy they look to be the cream of the crop. However, they are now 0-2, granted tight losses to FBS teams, but Iowa's loss to IA St. takes a bit away from UNI. They'll just about need to get the auto-bid to make the play-offs.

4) SIU-Very solid team, just not enough there to crack the top three. They tend to be UNI's achilles heel though.

4) Ill St.-Solid team, middle of the pack team. Will know more after this week vs EIU.

5) Ind. St.-Look to be much improved this year actually winning an OOC FCS game fairly convincingly, even if TTU sucks. And the Ball St W? BBBBIIIIGGGG shocker! These guys will be a challenge!

6) MSU-They look to be building off of last season. Would not be shocked by a playoff run from them. Jacks had better have these guys circled as toughest home game.

7) YSU- Per their MO, start hot with a good showing vs a FBS, play easy W D-I's, then flame out at the end of the season.

8) usd-Loss of QB+not astounding team=rough year for the puppies. Enjoy the cellar, and even the cellar will be a tough out. Watch Yotes take out yet another Big Sky play-off team in their DakotaDome.

9) WIU-Cause somebody has to be last.

Overall I think the conf is much improved over last year, which is scary. I see a clear separation between the top three and then 4-7 I can see beating anybody and the rest are going to take some beatings but will still keep most games close. I see at least three maybe four playoff teams if the top half dominates the rest well enough.

Comment

Massey ratings after three games (note seven MVFC teams are in the top 10 listed: 1. NDSU; 2. SDSU; 3. SIU; 4. MSU; 6. ISU(red); 7. UNI; 10. YSU):

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.ph...2014&sub=11605

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Massey ratings after three games (note seven MVFC teams are in the top 10 listed: 1. NDSU; 2. SDSU; 3. SIU; 4. MSU; 6. ISU(red); 7. UNI; 10. YSU):

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.ph...2014&sub=11605
              With USD @ 27th the worst of the MoValley

Comment

Here is an article declaring our supremacy.
                http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4724523

Comment

Tough choice this weekend, as I am not sure if I should cheer for NDSU or Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

And yet, the MVFC will only get two postseason bids, while the Big Sky gets six. *eye roll*
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      Tough choice this weekend, as I am not sure if I should cheer for NDSU or Montana.

Gotta pull for NDSU this week. I want the Bison undefeated when SDSU plays them. It will make for an even better headline after SDSU wins.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

Hate them both but I have more respect for fellow conference mate NDSU. I will cheer harder against Montana.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Gotta pull for the MVFC to do so well OOC, that it becomes a matter of whether MVFC gets in 4 or 5 into the play-offs. I'll note that a 4-4 NDSU (MVFC record) was the 3rd MVFC team selected in a field of 16 in 2010. With the success MVFC is having OOC (only USD loss to Montana for FCS losses or below) + 2 FBS wins, finishing in a 3 way tie for 2nd at 5-3 should get most of 7 or 8 FCS or above win teams finishing 2nd into the play-offs. Or if 6 teams all have 4-4 records, but undefeated OOC, and especially if have FBS win, or win over another FCS play-off team, they will get selected.

Bison in their 4-4 MVFC year, were undefeated in the OOC, and included W at Kansas in the group. Last year, SDSU, per MVFC tie-breaking standards finished 4 (although record-wise tied for 2nd). Why weren't #2, and #3 selected? #2 was Mo. St. - They didn't win OOC, not enough D-I wins. #3 SIU, had a NAIA pud game, and lost to EIU/SEMO OOC, 7-5, but 6-5 D-I wins. Jacks had 3 good wins OOC, including two auto-bid winners in Butler and SE LA.

Unless SHSU wins the auto-bid from Southland this season, they're not going. Slaughtered by a D-II powerhouse team. Likewise, WIU and YSU won't get selected unless they have 2 or less losses in MVFC. Their D-I wins were vs Pioneer or NEC teams.

As Jacks fans, we need to be cheering for Cal Poly and SUU to do well in the Big Sky. IMHO - Unless SUU scalps Fresno St this weekend, they're toast to make the play-offs. Cal Poly avoids playing Eastern Washington, so they just need to do well in the Big Sky, and they have a shot at the play-offs. Likewise, if Mizzou does well in the SEC, that helps SDSU. Can't afford a L vs UW-Oshkosh tho.

Comment

There are 6 Mo Valley Teams in the Coaches top 25 with Missouri State on the brink and Indiana State Receiving Votes. Missouri State could move in the top 25 next week with a win. Indiana State has a bye week.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              Gotta pull for the MVFC to do so well OOC, that it becomes a matter of whether MVFC gets in 4 or 5 into the play-offs. I'll note that a 4-4 NDSU (MVFC record) was the 3rd MVFC team selected in a field of 16 in 2010. With the success MVFC is having OOC (only USD loss to Montana for FCS losses or below) + 2 FBS wins, finishing in a 3 way tie for 2nd at 5-3 should get most of 7 or 8 FCS or above win teams finishing 2nd into the play-offs. Or if 6 teams all have 4-4 records, but undefeated OOC, and especially if have FBS win, or win over another FCS play-off team, they will get selected.

Bison in their 4-4 MVFC year, were undefeated in the OOC, and included W at Kansas in the group. Last year, SDSU, per MVFC tie-breaking standards finished 4 (although record-wise tied for 2nd). Why weren't #2, and #3 selected? #2 was Mo. St. - They didn't win OOC, not enough D-I wins. #3 SIU, had a NAIA pud game, and lost to EIU/SEMO OOC, 7-5, but 6-5 D-I wins. Jacks had 3 good wins OOC, including two auto-bid winners in Butler and SE LA.

Unless SHSU wins the auto-bid from Southland this season, they're not going. Slaughtered by a D-II powerhouse team. Likewise, WIU and YSU won't get selected unless they have 2 or less losses in MVFC. Their D-I wins were vs Pioneer or NEC teams.

As Jacks fans, we need to be cheering for Cal Poly and SUU to do well in the Big Sky. IMHO - Unless SUU scalps Fresno St this weekend, they're toast to make the play-offs. Cal Poly avoids playing Eastern Washington, so they just need to do well in the Big Sky, and they have a shot at the play-offs. Likewise, if Mizzou does well in the SEC, that helps SDSU. Can't afford a L vs UW-Oshkosh tho.
                              SDSU might fall into this category as well with a D3 on the schedule...
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X