Corn Palace Festival 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corn Palace Festival 2014

So did anyone make their way to Mitchell for the CPF this year? We had some pretty good concerts. It sounds like Chris Young was amazing, and Pat Benatar and her husband reigned in about 1200 or 1300 fans! I personally had the TIME OF MY FREAKIN LIFE at the BEST CONCERT I WILL EVER SEE put on by Crystal Gayle. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to see such a country music legend perform. She has 20 #1's, and was the first woman to go platinum. I'm so happy and truly blessed. I'm not over how awesome it was yet. I probably never will be.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Re: Corn Palace Festival 2014

If Willie Nelson or Neil Young would have been there I would have gone.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      You can always tune in Willie's Roadhouse Sirius Radio Channel 59. Almost like being there with Willie.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        You can always tune in Willie's Roadhouse Sirius Radio Channel 59. Almost like being there with Willie.
        When we had sirius radio i did. I have plently of his albums and greatest hits and there is always youtube. I have been to 3 of his concerts already just hate to miss um. Had to miss the brown county fair but it didnt work out to see him. He and Neil young are playing at a thing in Neb to protest the keystone pipeline......politics aside that would be cool to see them at the same time.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
          So did anyone make their way to Mitchell for the CPF this year? We had some pretty good concerts. It sounds like Chris Young was amazing, and Pat Benatar and her husband reigned in about 1200 or 1300 fans! I personally had the TIME OF MY FREAKIN LIFE at the BEST CONCERT I WILL EVER SEE put on by Crystal Gayle. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to see such a country music legend perform. She has 20 #1's, and was the first woman to go platinum. I'm so happy and truly blessed. I'm not over how awesome it was yet. I probably never will be.
          Last concert I saw at the corn palace festival was Rick Springfield a few years ago. Really enjoyed that one. Glad to see the younger generation getting into the classics. I can't get my kids to listen to one of my 80's favorites.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Willie was just here in May of 2013. Right after the Clint Black show.
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
              Last concert I saw at the corn palace festival was Rick Springfield a few years ago. Really enjoyed that one. Glad to see the younger generation getting into the classics. I can't get my kids to listen to one of my 80's favorites.
              I love 80's. Not as much as Crystal Gayle..but I love 80's. Trying to get my dad to take me to Sioux Falls at the end of October for Cher and Pat Benatar/Neil Giraldo.
              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Willie was just here in May of 2013. Right after the Clint Black show.
                I found out about it the next day when I was at work and a customer had his shirt on and said he was at the show. I was not happy I missed it.

Comment

I found out about it the next day when I was at work and a customer had his shirt on and said he was at the show. I was not happy I missed it.
                  Aw really?! That's too bad.
                  ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I did go to the CP festival... Two of the nights, I was handing out koozies to the folks coming in for my new job (KMIT / KOOL 98), I did get to see Crystal Gayle and Tommy James. Both excellent concerts! I'm very impressed with the quality of talent that the Corn Palace brings in every year and I can't wait for next year.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      I did go to the CP festival... Two of the nights, I was handing out koozies to the folks coming in for my new job (KMIT / KOOL 98), I did get to see Crystal Gayle and Tommy James. Both excellent concerts! I'm very impressed with the quality of talent that the Corn Palace brings in every year and I can't wait for next year.
                      You work at KMIT?!?
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

You work at KMIT?!?
                        Yes I do! I host "The Night Train" from 2-6 am, Tuesday-Saturday and I'm on Kool-98 weekdays from 4-7 in the afternoons. I also do area sports.

I figured after being out of radio for a year and a half, it was time to get back in. And I enjoy the heck out of it!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                          Yes I do! I host "The Night Train" from 2-6 am, Tuesday-Saturday and I'm on Kool-98 weekdays from 4-7 in the afternoons. I also do area sports.

I figured after being out of radio for a year and a half, it was time to get back in. And I enjoy the heck out of it!
                          NO WAY! I listen to your show all the time. More on Kool 98 because they always play that station at my job. You have my dream job.
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

NO WAY! I listen to your show all the time. More on Kool 98 because they always play that station at my job. You have my dream job.
                            Perhaps you found a mentor?

Comment

Working...
                            X