Mark Amundson killed in ATV crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Amundson killed in ATV crash

Mark Amundson, former SDSU golfer and perennial amateur champion for the state of SD was killed in an ATV accident early this morning. He was one of the founders and the current CEO at Sutton Bay, a place I have had a chance to frequent. He was a great man and is death is tragic. Condolences expressed to his family.

Article is linked in TV's twitter feed.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Mark Amundson killed in ATV crash

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Mark Amundson, former SDSU golfer and perennial amateur champion for the state of SD was killed in an ATV accident early this morning. He was one of the founders and the current CEO at Sutton Bay, a place I have had a chance to frequent. He was a great man and is death is tragic. Condolences expressed to his family.

Article is linked in TV's twitter feed.
    What an unfortunate accident. I believe Mark was married to Margret Schmidt and would be a brother in law to Gov Daugraard, both having married the daughters of an Jim "Sunny" Schmidt,a basketball great at SDSU in the 1940"s. My condolences to the family. Mark was just in his prime of life.

Comment

Mark and Margaret were both trainers at SDSU when I was an undergrad way back in the late 80's. Very sad news, condolences to the family.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Mark was also an NCC Individual conference champion golfer back in the early 70s. If my memory serves me correctly, he might have actually won the title two times, possibly back-to-back.

He was a great, great ambassador for the game of golf in South Dakota. Sutton Bay is truly a special place and it was Mark's heart and soul. A very sad day in the golf world.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          Mark was also an NCC Individual conference champion golfer back in the early 70s. If my memory serves me correctly, he might have actually won the title two times, possibly back-to-back.

He was a great, great ambassador for the game of golf in South Dakota. Sutton Bay is truly a special place and it was Mark's heart and soul. A very sad day in the golf world.
          He didn't graduate from high school until 1977.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
            He didn't graduate from high school until 1977.
            Could be late 70's like 1978-79. From all reports Mark was a great golfer.

Comment

Working...
            X