Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Camp

Kickoff is 6 Saturdays from now.

Time to crank it up on the Board. Been a little quiet around here. I've got a fever for some football and football talk.

I need some details.

When do the players report?
    What date does Fall camp start on?
    What position battles should we be watching?
    Same uniforms?
    Same theme song coming out of the tunnel?
    Any changes for the game day experience?
    What time will practices be held?
    Any details at all would be appreciated.

I smell football in the air. Does anyone else?

Re: Fall Camp

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    Kickoff is 6 Saturdays from now.

Time to crank it up on the Board. Been a little quiet around here. I've got a fever for some football and football talk.

I need some details.

When do the players report?
    What date does Fall camp start on?
    What position battles should we be watching?
    Same uniforms?
    Same theme song coming out of the tunnel?
    Any changes for the game day experience?
    What time will practices be held?
    Any details at all would be appreciated.

I smell football in the air. Does anyone else?
    Here's what I know: very little.

No idea when they report
    No idea what day Fall camp starts
    LB, OL, WR, S
    I think we're going to get a few things changed up, perhaps a new helmet? I'd like that
    No idea on theme song
    No idea on game day experience other than I will be tailgating hard beforehand
    Practices held same time? No clue

I'll check on some of these questions and get some answers.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Here's what I know: very little.
      I think we're going to get a few things changed up, perhaps a new helmet? I'd like that.
      New helmets as in the new Riddell Speed Flex.
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmF7yu4CcAAJYJU.jpg
      http://espn.go.com/college-football/...leviate-impact

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Well, I was thinking more along the lines of the decals, but if those helmets are better, that's great news too.

Dream helmet: White helmet, with large rabbit head in blue outline like the Boise State helmet with the large bronco head. Worn with all yellow uniforms.

Awesome.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Well, I was thinking more along the lines of the decals, but if those helmets are better, that's great news too.

Dream helmet: White helmet, with large rabbit head in blue outline like the Boise State helmet with the large bronco head. Worn with all yellow uniforms.

Awesome.
          Love the white helmet idea, not a fan of all yellow uniforms.

Comment

Players report for camp on Sunday, Aug 3 for equipment and team meetings.
            Practice starts on Monday, Aug 4th

Comment

New White Jerseys:
              http://t.co/w5IRT6Q5Yb

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                New White Jerseys:
                http://t.co/w5IRT6Q5Yb
                first thought was a little to Mn vikings like for me, the blue doesnt seem sdsu blue, but that could be because of the picture. Will wait to see them in action before i give a full yay or nay. I perfer it to say state over jacks but looks nice.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Pair those with white pants and helmets for a sweet storm trooper look. I like 'em.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    first thought was a little to Mn vikings like for me, the blue doesnt seem sdsu blue, but that could be because of the picture. Will wait to see them in action before i give a full yay or nay. I perfer it to say state over jacks but looks nice.
                    Can't wait to hear.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Can't wait to hear.
                      I agree. The announcement may deserve its own thread.

Comment

I think a nice addition would be white pants. It would look nice with any combination of jersey, blue, yellow or white.
                        White helmet with blue SD would be sharp as hell.
                        Just no black helmet, jersey or pants, it has been done before.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Could be your monitor. The blue looks right on all my devices.

I much prefer Jacks to State. Why? Which state are we talking about? If we're going to be a regional or national entity, we can't fall back on tradition if it confuses casual viewers. Branding is important to the university as a whole and is part of the added value that good athletic programs provide. State could be anybody. There is already plenty of confusion out there about what SDSU is. Let's at least own our unique mascot and make it central to to our teams' identities. That goes double for basketball, where the uniform branding is much more visible.

I had this discussion with somebody from the SDSU central administration a couple of years ago. They were saying it was an incremental thing, moving away from generic "state" branding to something more recognizable and specific. Apparently it was (and still is) a difficult sell to some of the coaches. Let's face it: The days of coaches choosing uniforms are over. Athletics branding is a big part of the overall university image. It needs to be consistent and specific and cannot be driven by any one person's preference.

Regarding black: I agree with rabbits64 on that. I really like the black road basketball uniforms. But in football we wear our dominant colors at home. I don't think I would want to see Jackrabbits in black on the CAS field. The blue is a great color for football. Yellow is OK. I don't think black would work... but then again, I'm 49 years old. Those alternate choices are driven in large part by recruiting concerns and what looks cool to 18-year-olds. So I wouldn't be surprised to see black on the football field at some point.

Back to the topic: Looking forward to seeing how the defense shapes up during fall camp. There are a lot of spots to fill, and with the offense obviously a great strength, the Jacks' fortunes will be largely determined by defense this year, I think.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                            I think a nice addition would be white pants. It would look nice with any combination of jersey, blue, yellow or white.
                            White helmet with blue SD would be sharp as hell.
                            Just no black helmet, jersey or pants, it has been done before.
                            I dont know when they switched to yellow or blue pants, but watching older clips like 80s they always had white pants, I would assume they did for a long time. The white pants would be cool I think. I think I still perfer the blue helmet though. The blue helmet with yellow faceguard is sharp to me. I am always going to be a fan of the all blue jersey with just solid yellow numbers with no white or outlines and the all yellow pants. that was the best look IMO, I was surprised i actually liked the all yellow unis last year more then I thought I would.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Could be your monitor. The blue looks right on all my devices.

I much prefer Jacks to State. Why? Which state are we talking about? If we're going to be a regional or national entity, we can't fall back on tradition if it confuses casual viewers. Branding is important to the university as a whole and is part of the added value that good athletic programs provide. State could be anybody. There is already plenty of confusion out there about what SDSU is. Let's at least own our unique mascot and make it central to to our teams' identities. That goes double for basketball, where the uniform branding is much more visible.

I had this discussion with somebody from the SDSU central administration a couple of years ago. They were saying it was an incremental thing, moving away from generic "state" branding to something more recognizable and specific. Apparently it was (and still is) a difficult sell to some of the coaches. Let's face it: The days of coaches choosing uniforms are over. Athletics branding is a big part of the overall university image. It needs to be consistent and specific and cannot be driven by any one person's preference.

Regarding black: I agree with rabbits64 on that. I really like the black road basketball uniforms. But in football we wear our dominant colors at home. I don't think I would want to see Jackrabbits in black on the CAS field. The blue is a great color for football. Yellow is OK. I don't think black would work... but then again, I'm 49 years old. Those alternate choices are driven in large part by recruiting concerns and what looks cool to 18-year-olds. So I wouldn't be surprised to see black on the football field at some point.

Back to the topic: Looking forward to seeing how the defense shapes up during fall camp. There are a lot of spots to fill, and with the offense obviously a great strength, the Jacks' fortunes will be largely determined by defense this year, I think.
                              Maybe but the blue on the sleeves looks more purpley then the blue on the numbers. I google imaged the viking road whites and many of the jersy styles have the 2 strip yellow and purple on the shoulders look too.

I think just using "state" works, because how many schools refer to them selves as state? mich state is the only one i can think of and they are green, not much confussion there, probably more then i can think of off the top of my head. More states use the U or university to refrence themselves, so state is generic, but I guess I perfer to buy more SDSU gear with STATE as a feature then the rabbit logos or "jacks" on it. If anything I would rather see the full jackrabbits on it on the back where the name goes, and do STATE in the front.

Comment

Working...
                              X