Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fall Camp

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Informal scrimmage this morning. Light rain falling. Offense looked good (Zenner stayed on sidelines, unless he was in before I got there). Schneider made some great catches. Got to see Tyler Finnes, Zach Luhan and Chris Little get QB looks. Brady Mengarelli (RFr) and Issac Wallace (Fr) looked pretty good to me at RB, so some pretty good talent may be coming up when ZZ leaves us.
    Are the two backs behind Gandy in the depth chart? I would assume they are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      The heavier guys on the OL have more "shoving" abilities and can hold their block a little better,but less quickness.We just have to adapt our play a little,tweak a few things.We'll be fine.
      Are you saying this specifically about the current Jackrabbit linemen or just in general. Because I don't think the latter is necessarily true. Smaller is not necessarily quicker in top O linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Are you saying this specifically about the current Jackrabbit linemen or just in general. Because I don't think the latter is necessarily true. Smaller is not necessarily quicker in top O linemen.
        Just my general misconception of someone who's "lighter on their feet" being able to move quicker .Not always true I admit.Some elite guys are huge and still very quick.

Comment

I've talked to a few of the players on the team. In regards to the O-line, they all seem confident in the ability of the guys that will be starting. I wouldn't expect them to say anything different, but I do believe that our O-line will be fine. It won't be as good as last year, and Mike Schoff was a big loss, but the O-line will function well enough together.
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

The Argus Leader published a nice special section today to preview college teams in its area. The cover story is a feature about Zenner, Sumner and Schneider. To make it even better, the special section is named after me. The main headline on the cover says "Jacked Up."
            This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
            X