Gabby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabby

I saw her today and she was wearing a heavy brace on her knee, was this a planned procedure or did something happen? just wondering because she was a rock last season...

Re: Gabby

No worries. We have point guard talent on this team beyond Gabby that will be less turnover prone.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      No worries. We have point guard talent on this team beyond Gabby that will be less turnover prone.
      Who else on the roster has proven that ? Point guard talent and experienced point guard talent are often two very different things. And does defense make a difference ?

Comment

Both Gabby and Chloe are between 1.3 & 1.5 A/TO ratio, so this snipe is not warranted. Macy and Alexis are untested at the D-I level but may get some serious playing time if Gabby can't be her speedy/shifty/stealing PG due to the knee.

Gabby is no worse, and with her experience, likely better, choice for the PG position starter than other options. Fortunately, AJ selects and trains his team to be team players. Hence, the team can put up good #'s regardless of who's at point. For the last two years, there has been noticable fall-off at the point when Gabby wasn't playing.

Hopefully, the knee brace is only preventive, and not the result of a re-injury.

Comment

(Assists + Steals) / Turnovers

Gabby: 2.14
          Young: 1.22

The only other returning player with more than 50 assists was Waytashek.

Gabby had 84 TOs last year (two fewer than Waytashek) and 85 steals.

Comment

Per T.V.

SDSU senior PG Gabby Boever will miss at least half of the season due to a leg injury, per coach Aaron Johnston.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Tough break. Hope she is back before the conference season starts.

Who steps in and starts in place of Gabby? Macy Miller? Chloe Cornemann? Alexis Alexander?

I'd go with:

g Miller
              g Young
              f Stevens
              f Waytashek
              c Clarin

That's not a terrible lineup.

Comment

I don't see Macy starting at the point. My 2 cents is on Alexander.

Edit: I stand corrected. In the Argus, A.J. is quoted as saying Chloe, Macy and Alexis (Lexi) will all see time at the point.
                Last edited by jacks1; 09-25-2014, 06:31 AM.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

A lot of talent not necessarily experience ready to step up. I think will be okay.

Comment

A lot of talent not necessarily experience ready to step up. I think will be okay.

Gabby will be missed. She may not always show up in the box score but she is a leader on the court and controls the action. Not to mention that she has some of the quickest hands on the team. Her leadership will be missed. That being said, I think a freshman will have a hard time stepping in to that role. Chloe was a bit shell shocked when she was a freshman but has really stepped up her game the past two years. Her experience will be key over the other two extreamly talented players. It takes a while to get use to the speed of the game at D1 compared to HS. That being said - I see Chloe starting and AJ bringing along the freshmen and allowing them to adjust to the game. The size of role they play will depend on how fast they pick things up and their abilty to lead the floor. AJ is a very good coach and will figure this out. So sorry to see Gabby hurt as she was set to have a great season!! Get well Gabby!!!

Comment

That's a bummer. Gabby will definitely be missed. Does she have more turnovers than other points on team? Sure. She also gets 3/4 the minutes. Where she will be missed is as a leader on the floor and her defense. She has tremendously good hands and is very disruptive on defense. We are also very fortunate to have some depth and should be able to cover the point adequately. Make no mistake, this is a blow to the team.

Best of luck to Gabby on her recovery. Would hope she gets to come back and finish on a high note.

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Hopefully Gabby can be back for Summit League, or the majority of Summit League play. Sounds like she's in the same boat as Austin Sumner, re redshirting again.

Comment

Basketball for most collegiate athletes is just four years,sometimes five. After that,they have a lifetime walking around on those knees,legs in general. Heal up first and foremost,then come back and finish like the champion she is.Get well Gabby.

Comment

Gabby is the toughest, scrappiest player on the team, and she was a two-year starter. She definitely will be missed.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Gabby

She is going to be hard to replace and we'll certainly see the effects of her absence in all those tough early-season matchups.

However, this may ultimately make us even deeper at the guard spot by the time the tournament rolls around. The other three guards will have a lot more experience under their belts than normal. That is my attempt to put a positive spin on this, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X