Verbal Commit - Brett Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbal Commit - Brett Bye

Brett Bye from Vermillion has verballed to SDSU wrestling. He is projected to wrestle at 170.

Bye said he has received scholarship offers from Nebraska, Wyoming, Cal Poly and Oregon State, but remains committed to the Jackrabbits.
    http://www.yankton.net/sports/articl...a4bcf887a.html
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Verbal Commit - Brett Bye

I have not watched Bye wrestle but have heard good things about him. Vermillion's wrestling coach is his uncle, Hazen Bye.

Comment

/obligatory

We got a Bye!

/sorry about that
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Anybody know if the Jacks are recruiting his cousin Reagen?
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Anybody know if the Jacks are recruiting his cousin Reagen?
          filbert: if the cousin decides to sign with SDSU, and you make the obvious "bye! bye!" pun, you'll have to ban yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            filbert: if the cousin decides to sign with SDSU, and you make the obvious "bye! bye!" pun, you'll have to ban yourself.
            I'm torn between posting a video of the McLaughlin Group, Mariah Carey's "Bye Bye", or N Sync's "Bye Bye Bye" at this point.

But I don't want the young man to de-commit, so I shall forbear.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              I'm torn between posting a video of the McLaughlin Group, Mariah Carey's "Bye Bye", or N Sync's "Bye Bye Bye" at this point.

But I don't want the young man to de-commit, so I shall forbear.
              A real bummer for the teams that have a Bye on the schedule and come away with a loss!
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                A real bummer for the teams that have a Bye on the schedule and come away with a loss!
                That's a likely outcome, Mr. Bye was 46-0 last season. This guy can wrestle.

Comment

Bye is a great get. We had to wrestle Nebraska to get him, and came away with the win! Good job by the wrestling coaches.

Don't want to make a big deal out of it, but Coach Bono will be replacing both assistant coaches, and is in negotiations now but nothing decided yet as far as I know.

Comment

I watched Brett wrestle last year when he was at regions. He was a man among boys. All I could think was how great he would be at SDSU. I figured it would be hard with him being so good and from Vermillion. From what I saw, Brett is far stronger and quicker than anybody in his weight class in high school. In the region championship, he played with the kid for a period and a half before pinning him. The score was 12-3 at that point, and the only points scored against him were escapes he allowed. This is a huge get for SDSU.
                    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      Bye is a great get. We had to wrestle Nebraska to get him, and came away with the win! Good job by the wrestling coaches.

Don't want to make a big deal out of it, but Coach Bono will be replacing both assistant coaches, and is in negotiations now but nothing decided yet as far as I know.

Did the assistants move on or were there contracts 'not renewed'?
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Did the assistants move on or were there contracts 'not renewed'?
                        A good question and don't have an answer, but maybe Jack#1 Fan does. I would suspect they would have moved on to something better. Seems like Bono pretty much hand picked the best assistants available.

Comment

The fact that Bye turned down an offer from Nebraska (whose coach Mark Manning is a Vermillion native) speaks volumes to where Coach Bono could take our program. That's a wrestling rich community and heritage to pull talent from. I like the local and national "gets" we are getting - let's hope we can keep Bono!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                            The fact that Bye turned down an offer from Nebraska (whose coach Mark Manning is a Vermillion native) speaks volumes to where Coach Bono could take our program. That's a wrestling rich community and heritage to pull talent from. I like the local and national "gets" we are getting - let's hope we can keep Bono!
                            I don't know if that's really the case. A guy from Vermillion I know mentioned Bye and he said he really wanted to go to Nebraska. Maybe the kid changed his mind. Can wrestlers get partial scholarships?
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              I don't know if that's really the case. A guy from Vermillion I know mentioned Bye and he said he really wanted to go to Nebraska. Maybe the kid changed his mind. Can wrestlers get partial scholarships?
                              Yes. A Wrestling team at the DI level gets 9.9 scholarships and there are 10 weight brackets to fill per match, so a disparity between offers could very well exist.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X