2014 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Season

Tweet from TV @TerryVandrovec More changes to SDSU football roster: OL Stephens, DL Dibb have quit; true frosh TE Thorstenson, OL Morehead, DB Wolverton added for camp.

Comment

Wow, more losses on both lines??? This can't be good.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Looking like some Cal Poly football players may be missing when they come to Brookings....

http://calcoastnews.com/2014/08/cal-...medium=twitter

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          OL Stephens, DL Dibb have quit
          Does anybody know if they were projected starters or where they were on the depth chart?
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Cal Poly football players rob frat house
            http://calcoastnews.com/2014/08/cal-...medium=twitter

*SanDakotaState beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
              Does anybody know if they were projected starters or where they were on the depth chart?
              Dibb was a Jr. DL who hasn't seen much time at all. He was last year's Scout Defensive Player of the Year.
              Stephens was a RFr, who wasn't probably on the 2-deep chart.

Comment

Here is a look of Cody Hazelett's senior highlight tape-http://www.hudl.com/athlete/778442/highlights/2479401
                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Trouble at Cal Poly. Five players arrested and suspended from team after armed robbery of a campus frat house. Two were arrested at the scene(one after fighting with and biting an officer), and three others were arrested later.

Gone from the team(names already removed from website):

Kristaan Ivory - senior running back; one of the stars on the team; preseason all-conference first team selection
                  Cameron Akins - sophomore; projected starter at wide receiver; possible kick returner
                  Jake Brito - freshman running back
                  Cortland Fort - sophomore competing for starting corner or nickel back position; just transferred from Wyoming
                  Dominique Love - redshirt freshman also competing for starting corner; just transferred from New Mexico State

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2014/08.../99/100/&ihp=1

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                    Trouble at Cal Poly. Five players arrested and suspended from team after armed robbery of a campus frat house. Two were arrested at the scene(one after fighting with and biting an officer), and three others were arrested later.

Gone from the team(names already removed from website):

Kristaan Ivory - senior running back; one of the stars on the team; preseason all-conference first team selection
                    Cameron Akins - sophomore; projected starter at wide receiver; possible kick returner
                    Jake Brito - freshman running back
                    Cortland Fort - sophomore competing for starting corner or nickel back position; just transferred from Wyoming
                    Dominique Love - redshirt freshman also competing for starting corner; just transferred from New Mexico State

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2014/08.../99/100/&ihp=1
                    Great choice, robbing a frat house. Like the members are extremely wealthy?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Great choice, robbing a frat house. Like the members are extremely wealthy?
                      I would assume a frat would have a decent amount of cash on hand after a party. The robbery happened early Sunday, likely a party happened Friday and/or Saturday night. Also, drugs were mentioned.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        I would assume a frat would have a decent amount of cash on hand after a party. The robbery happened early Sunday, likely a party happened Friday and/or Saturday night. Also, drugs were mentioned.
                        Never been near the Frat scene, so don't know much about what goes on. Like you said maybe a party with a cash bar, that looked like a an easy heist, but things went wrong. It could be compared to our fake punt at EWU last year in the playoffs. Just joking. Lives have been ruined that is a certain.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Cal Poly is on the quarter system, so fall quarter doesn't start until Sep 20th(or so). I know Poly tries to back load their home schedule (like Jacks try to front load) to get a better student participation. Unless this was the end of the summer quarter, it seems there wouldn't be much action right now at the Frat house, or Cal Poly in general. Sound like an idiotic move by some bored students, or "wrong living" choices (ala the USD convictions for tax fraud).

Comment

Per twitter from TV...JJ Hejna will be going to state for track instead of football. He was going to be a PWO until he won the Class AA state title for high jump, and DeHaven offered for track.
                            https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...35473122816000

Comment

Updates have been made to the roster of gojacks.com

For example, Cole Langer is now listed at 295 pounds. Jeebus, he's huge and looked to be pure muscle in that interview with TV and Stu yesterday.

DT Tywan Ramsey listed at 290 for a freshman. Also large.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

With Mueller out now, who will be starting on the O-line for us? Any ideas?

LT Nick Carr

LG Dylan Sieter

C Jacob Ohnesorge

RG Nick Purcell

RT - Trevor Greger

Any other thoughts? I was hoping this would be an area of strength but having to replace two starters (Shoff and Mueller) including all our losses from last year has me a bit worried.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X