Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Season

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Looks like we might have founds some help at the DT position for the upcoming season:

Tiano Pupungatoa, a DT out of River Falls, Wisconsin, tweeted (retweeted by TV):

Spent his freshman year at Army. Was a Rivals 2 star recruit and a Scout 3 star recruit.

He didn't record any stats for Army last year, so I am assuming he red-shirted.
    Not gonna lie, I like him more on the OL than the DL...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/419805/highlights/29693391

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      Not gonna lie, I like him more on the OL than the DL...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/419805/highlights/29693391
      We're gonna need OL. Safety too. Hope the kid from Milbank and the kid from Chester are ready to go too.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Tiano Pupungatoa, a DT out of River Falls, Wisconsin, tweeted (retweeted by TV): Spent his freshman year at Army. Was a Rivals 2 star recruit and a Scout 3 star recruit. He didn't record any stats for Army last year, so I am assuming he red-shirted.
        How do the transfer rules apply to Tiano? Does he need to sit a year?

Impressive highlights. Could this be a Cole Brodie type of recruit?

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post

From what little I seen, and that's the links that TV posted, he did not play a down at Army. So he should be able to play this fall. I also believe Army is FBS and SDSU is FCS so that alone would make him eligible for this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post

Tiano should be able to play immediately since Army is a FBS program and we are a FCS being that student-athletes do not have to sit-out a year for transferring down a level.

Cole Brodie was a little bit of a different situation being that he was just a really late signing in his recruiting class, but he never attended another school other than SDSU. I do hope Tiano turns out to be as successful as Cole Brodie, however, because Brodie had a real nice career here.

I'm guessing Tiano will be a freshman eligibility-wise since he did not see the field last year at Army.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

"We're gonna need OL. Safety too. Hope the kid from Milbank and the kid from Chester are ready to go too."

Can someone just tell us what this "rumor" that multiple people seem to know about is? Its been hinted at for over a week now. Who left or got hurt?
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                "We're gonna need OL. Safety too. Hope the kid from Milbank and the kid from Chester are ready to go too."

Can someone just tell us what this "rumor" that multiple people seem to know about is? Its been hinted at for over a week now. Who left or got hurt?
                Brichacek isn't on the roster anymore. At the end of winter workouts last year we had some guys that had to have surgery on shoulders. Some of them may not be ready right away.

We just don't have a ton of depth at those positions it seems when looking at the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Brichacek isn't on the roster anymore. At the end of winter workouts last year we had some guys that had to have surgery on shoulders. Some of them may not be ready right away.

We just don't have a ton of depth at those positions it seems when looking at the roster.
                  Thanks!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Brichacek is not playing fb because of medical reason I do believe.

Tiano has all five years of eligibility left. He was in a military prep school (USMAPS) and don't believe that counts as one year of fb. He is a stud and is a great addition. yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                      Brichacek is not playing fb because of medical reason I do believe.

Tiano has all five years of eligibility left. He was in a military prep school (USMAPS) and don't believe that counts as one year of fb. He is a stud and is a great addition. yes!
                      Yes you are correct about eligibility. Did a google on USMAPS, and here is what I found. More information that we really need.

http://www.usma.edu/usmaps/SitePages/Home.aspx

Comment

Terry Vandrovec ‏@TerryVandrovec
                        SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier said starters LB Charles Elmore and RG Mike Shoff are out for the season due out injury. Both had surgeries.

Since Elmore played as True Freshmen, he can take this as a Redshirt Year. Shoff, missed a good portion of last year, so possibly a medical redshirt?

Comment

****!
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier said starters LB Charles Elmore and RG Mike Shoff are out for the season due out injury. Both had surgeries.

Since Elmore played as True Freshmen, he can take this as a Redshirt Year. Shoff, missed a good portion of last year, so possibly a medical redshirt?
                            That's not good. Two huge pieces for the defense and offense.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

No idea about Shoff, but that is a silver lining on Elmore.

There are still guys rehabbing other injuries so hopefully they'll be ready to go to step in at those positions.

Comment

SDSU picked second in Missouri Valley; USD eighth - per TV

I already picked the Jacks First. A while ago. I'm sticking by it even with these injuries.

This is the year for the Jacks. If not now, When??

QB takes you to the Championship. Ring time.

I remember the last time the Jacks got rings. It is time for another one.

Comment

Working...
                                X