2014 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Season

It's July fellows, relax and enjoy the summer. Fall football will determine starters in many positions. Injuries right now will keep the lineup different than those guesses below. You might have guys out for the year right now and the news hasn't been released so slow down with predictions. Thank goodness for some depth in the areas of concern and injuries. Some surprises might be around the corner with new recruits as well. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
      It's July fellows, relax and enjoy the summer. Fall football will determine starters in many positions. Injuries right now will keep the lineup different than those guesses below. You might have guys out for the year right now and the news hasn't been released so slow down with predictions. Thank goodness for some depth in the areas of concern and injuries. Some surprises might be around the corner with new recruits as well. Go Jacks!
      Perhaps the News hasn't been released but its pretty well known on at least one. But that's the point of predictions, they're just guesses for fun. I started this thread because I thought the football discussion was sorely lacking.

On another note, I'd expect to see something from Banasiak as well.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Perhaps the News hasn't been released but its pretty well known on at least one.
        C'mon man, don't leave us hanging.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          C'mon man, don't leave us hanging.
          Perhaps hareofthedog can fill us in more fully.

On a completely different note, any rumblings on potential new uniforms and helmets for the year? Might have some awesome stuff in the works I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Perhaps the News hasn't been released but its pretty well known on at least one. But that's the point of predictions, they're just guesses for fun. I started this thread because I thought the football discussion was sorely lacking.

On another note, I'd expect to see something from Banasiak as well.
            Thankfully you started this thread. I was starving for actual news/predications/football talk vs. the bickering on the recruiting thread. Bickering can be a fun read, but this is much better.

Jacks already have a depth chart. It is just not public knowledge this time of the year. Someone should get a hold of a player and they'd give us an early season update. My sources have graduated. Also, they have been practicing and doing drills all summer without the coaches of course. They practice in some semblance of a depth chart too.

I can't wait for football to start so keep firing away.

If we are only needing safeties and D tackles, we are looking pretty good heading into fall camp. Safeties should be easy to find vs. CB's. D tackles are always very hard to find. At least we have one superstar there who is young.

I'm surprised you don't think Purcell will be starting. Then again, I'm not surprised. I'm glad to see there will be some battles on the O-line.

Truly enjoyable thread, please keep it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
              Also, they have been practicing and doing drills all summer without the coaches of course.
              Starting this off-season coaches can be more involved in summer workouts.

Comment

Thankfully you started this thread. I was starving for actual news/predications/football talk vs. the bickering on the recruiting thread. Bickering can be a fun read, but this is much better.

Jacks already have a depth chart. It is just not public knowledge this time of the year. Someone should get a hold of a player and they'd give us an early season update. My sources have graduated. Also, they have been practicing and doing drills all summer without the coaches of course. They practice in some semblance of a depth chart too.

I can't wait for football to start so keep firing away.

If we are only needing safeties and D tackles, we are looking pretty good heading into fall camp. Safeties should be easy to find vs. CB's. D tackles are always very hard to find. At least we have one superstar there who is young.

I'm surprised you don't think Purcell will be starting. Then again, I'm not surprised. I'm glad to see there will be some battles on the O-line.

Truly enjoyable thread, please keep it coming.
                I had Purcell starting on my list at Center. I think he will be there. I think our toughest position will be DT, but I think the Soulek kid will be seeing some time at DT with Langer. I've heard Langer has added a few pounds and by a few, I mean a lot. I think he'll be a beast in the middle. Setting the DT squat record in the spring of freshman year? Yikes. I'm not as concerned about safety as I am the health of our LB corps. That is my main worry as we head into the season. We have depth there, but injuries piled up at the end of last season as was demonstrated by all the off-season surgeries.

I can't wait for football to start. Talking college basketball schedules this time of the year doesn't do much for me. I'm more interested in summer league NBA and football season approaching.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Starting this off-season coaches can be more involved in summer workouts.
                  I haven't heard about this. Can you expand upon it?

Can they do film? New plays? etc?

I know in the past, they could be in contact with the weight coaches, and "run" into coaches on campus. What is different?

This is interesting, but I probably missed it when it came out. I say cool because the players have more time for football in the summer than they do in the fall with classes and traveling.

Comment

Also TV had this today - here's an updated depth chart from Missouri – the Jacks' first football foe – if you're into that sort of thing.

Mizzou's O-line is HUGE. We will need some DT's for this game.

Comment

I haven't heard about this. Can you expand upon it?

Can they do film? New plays? etc?

I know in the past, they could be in contact with the weight coaches, and "run" into coaches on campus. What is different?

This is interesting, but I probably missed it when it came out. I say cool because the players have more time for football in the summer than they do in the fall with classes and traveling.
                      "Ability to watch those conditioning sessions and meet with their players for up to two hours each week. Any on-the-field work with footballs is still prohibited."
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...access-to-team

Comment

Game starts in exactly 45 days from right now to the hour. really looking forward to the season, should be a heck of a ride.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Purchased season tickets today for the first time! Pretty excited. I decided to sit in section R on the east side vs sitting in the top corner on the west side.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            Purchased season tickets today for the first time! Pretty excited. I decided to sit in section R on the east side vs sitting in the top corner on the west side.
                            Welcome aboard. You may want to change your screen name to "EastSideRabbit".

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Welcome aboard. You may want to change your screen name to "EastSideRabbit".
                              Haha! My screen name refers to my Hansen Hall days!
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Looks like we might have founds some help at the DT position for the upcoming season:

Tiano Pupungatoa, a DT out of River Falls, Wisconsin, tweeted (retweeted by TV):
                                Officially a South Dakota State Jack Rabbit . Excited to see my lil Bro join me in a couple years.… http://instagram.com/p/qkxJbSQQ8v/
                                Spent his freshman year at Army. Was a Rivals 2 star recruit and a Scout 3 star recruit.

He didn't record any stats for Army last year, so I am assuming he red-shirted.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X