Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Season

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I like your positive attitude Nidaros. I'm still concerned about O-line, and we still have some fall camp left. Others could get dinged and that would really put me ill at ease.
    Until we see some actual reason to not trust that the younger guys are ready to step up i trust the coaches they will be ready when they need to be. Might be a little rough for um at Missouri but otherwise we have always had a history of plugging in lineman and some start for 2 or 3 years easy so so might be getting the call a little sooner then we expected um, but on online I feel they will be able to hold their own. D line is the one I usually worry more about. But having a retooled Oline when you have 3 ventran playmakers in Sumner ZZ and JS, so hopefully they can help take some of the pressure off the oline.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here is an interview from today's practice with Trevor Gregor. He doesn't address the injury issues;however, he doesn't seem too concerned about talent level of our offensive line.

"Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Might be a little rough for um at Missouri....
        I heard um isn't going to make the travel squad.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Who is this um we are speaking of?

Comment

Dunno. Heard the coaches really liked um's effort the last couple of days.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Dunno. Heard the coaches really liked um's effort the last couple of days.
              No clue what this means. Can someone enlighten please?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                No clue what this means. Can someone enlighten please?
                See post #106.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  See post #106.
                  Sorry, still don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Sorry, still don't get it
                    Good example of the risk one takes in using unconventional speech/writing when trying to communicate: the listener/reader wonders what the heck is going on! I was just having a little fun with goon on his use of what is apparently, at least in his world, a new pronoun (that's my guess -- he uses "um" in place of "them").

Ten lashes for me for acting as a grammar clown (not grammar police). Five lashes for filbert for piling on.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

Good example of the risk one takes in using unconventional speech/writing when trying to communicate: the listener/reader wonders what the heck is going on! I was just having a little fun with goon on his use of what is apparently, at least in his world, a new pronoun (that's my guess -- he uses "um" in place of "them").

Ten lashes for me for acting as a grammar clown (not grammar police). Five lashes for filbert for piling on.

No offense Goon, you are a great guy, but this is funny. I had thought um stood for U of Missouri, but that did not compute.

Comment

Got our Season tix today. Hooray FOOTBALL!

Comment

Um...I see where the confusion lies,Goon should have used "em" instead of "um"And to add to the confusion,someone thought "um" was meant to reference Travis Gregor,is my interpretation,because he's the one that was interviewed,either that or I'm adding to the confusion further.
                          It never even occured to me to think "um" would mean University of Missouri,but Nidaros deserves rep points (pos) for that
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-14-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

TV just tweeted, NDSU announced that the Jacks at Bison football game will air on ESPN3.
                            Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Ow!

Ow!

Ow!

Ow!

Ow!
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The last few pages on this thread just show how slow things have been for us South Dakota State enthusiasts the last couple of days. We have resorted to differentiating between "um" and "em." At least after this there will no longer be any confusion.
                                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                                X