Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Signs Three-Game Deal with Drake

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    First of all, UNI does it right in my opinion . They don't back away from a fight, much like NDSU. In 2012, UNI dis play both Iowa and Wisconsin, and gave them both a game. Then they had to play NDSU and Southern Illinois and Youngstown. That's a tough way to start your non conference.

My honest opinion is both USD and SDSU have a scheduling mindset that is wrong. Even your fan response on here is just worried about scheduling "easy counters" so you can make the playoffs. Play the tougher schedule, get ready for the MVC, and if you win the conference, you'll be in the playoffs. We pull the same crap as you. Schedule a D-3 school in the name of "it's hard to get teams to come here". BS. Pay the money and they'll come.

A soft pre season schedule doesn't do your team any good. As a player, I guaranty you they want to play quality opponents every week. They don't want to play CUPCAKE U. As fans, we should try to work harder to communicate with administration about what we want as a schedule. After all, money speaks. Neither one of us should settle. By doing that, we are admitting we are "lessor" in the eyes of our competitors.
    UNI learned their lesson with that scheduling.

The MVC is tough enough as it is. No reason to make the road to the playoffs tougher if we don't have to. 1 FBS and 1 non scholly counter is perfect.
    Last edited by TK22867; 06-08-2014, 01:48 PM. Reason: Meant FBS.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      First of all, UNI does it right in my opinion . They don't back away from a fight, much like NDSU. In 2012, UNI dis play both Iowa and Wisconsin, and gave them both a game. Then they had to play NDSU and Southern Illinois and Youngstown. That's a tough way to start your non conference.

My honest opinion is both USD and SDSU have a scheduling mindset that is wrong. Even your fan response on here is just worried about scheduling "easy counters" so you can make the playoffs. Play the tougher schedule, get ready for the MVC, and if you win the conference, you'll be in the playoffs. We pull the same crap as you. Schedule a D-3 school in the name of "it's hard to get teams to come here". BS. Pay the money and they'll come.

A soft pre season schedule doesn't do your team any good. As a player, I guaranty you they want to play quality opponents every week. They don't want to play CUPCAKE U. As fans, we should try to work harder to communicate with administration about what we want as a schedule. After all, money speaks. Neither one of us should settle. By doing that, we are admitting we are "lessor" in the eyes of our competitors.

Don't try to associate your program with ours, you are not at our level - you are in our conference and in South Dakota but you are miles away from the playoffs. We do make the playoff and win games in the playoffs - get back to us when you make the playoffs, then you can talk about how your out of conference schedule effects your chances.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        I disagree. NDSU has a much easier time scheduling home games compared to us simply because they can pay more. Attendance = revenue and that amounts to a pretty significant war chest for them.

I don't know Rob and he might be a great guy, but don't let your personal feelings get in the way of evaluating his job performance. He has monumentally screwed the pooch in the past. That being said, I applaud him and the staff for scheduling the Drake series. A 2 for 1 with a local non scholly that is a counter. Now was this all Rob's work? Probably not based on what Sell alluded to after the Oshkosh scheduling. Really doesn't matter to me who did it, I like it.
        Have you ever heard of Incarnate Word? They moved up from NAIA to D2 about 2002. They have a great baseball program, but that is all. This is their first year of football. I just telling what Rob told us at a Difference Makers meeting You assume way too much. My personal feelings? Really, I said and you apparently missed that Rob does the GRUNT WORK. I don't think he takes credit for anything, BUT I AM CERTAIN HE GETS CRAPPY CRITIZISM FROM GUYS LIKE YOU WHO KNOW IT ALL. As far as a war chest, yes NDSU does have that but when you got snobby people from the east to deal with, the war chest does not mean much. I repeat ever heard of Incarnate Word?

As far as job performance evaluation, I believe the AD has to do that job, not TK or Nidaros.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 06-08-2014, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Don't try to associate your program with ours, you are not at our level - you are in our conference and in South Dakota but you are miles away from the playoffs. We do make the playoff and win games in the playoffs - get back to us when you make the playoffs, then you can talk about how your out of conference schedule effects your chances.
          Rep Pts

Comment

Puff that ol chest out when you say that. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              I disagree. NDSU has a much easier time scheduling home games compared to us simply because they can pay more. Attendance = revenue and that amounts to a pretty significant war chest for them.

I don't know Rob and he might be a great guy, but don't let your personal feelings get in the way of evaluating his job performance. He has monumentally screwed the pooch in the past. That being said, I applaud him and the staff for scheduling the Drake series. A 2 for 1 with a local non scholly that is a counter. Now was this all Rob's work? Probably not based on what Sell alluded to after the Oshkosh scheduling. Really doesn't matter to me who did it, I like it.

Easy for NDSU?

Scheduling has been tough as hell for the FB program. Teams do not want to come to Fargo and lose. Teams back out (ex. Montana State and W. Carolina) are two FCS examples.

Getting any FCS 'counter' to come to Fargo or even Brookings is not easy. 2-1 with Drake? They are a FCS 'counter' and should be 3 easy wins for the Jacks. Although, going to Drake for the 3rd game is not ideal for Jacks fans....it is close enough to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                Easy for NDSU?

Scheduling has been tough as hell for the FB program. Teams do not want to come to Fargo and lose. Teams back out (ex. Montana State and W. Carolina) are two FCS examples.

Getting any FCS 'counter' to come to Fargo or even Brookings is not easy. 2-1 with Drake? They are a FCS 'counter' and should be 3 easy wins for the Jacks. Although, going to Drake for the 3rd game is not ideal for Jacks fans....it is close enough to get to.
                Thanks, scheduling is not easy for any of the Dakotas. UND has the luxury of having 13 or 14 member conference. If there was an advantage of joining the BSC, it has to be not having to struggle to fill non conference games. BTW, I think NDSU beat SDSU to punch in scheduling Incarnate Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                  Easy for NDSU?

Epic reading fail. Go back and read what I said. I didn't say "easy", I said easier than us.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Have you ever heard of Incarnate Word? They moved up from NAIA to D2 about 2002. They have a great baseball program, but that is all. This is their first year of football. I just telling what Rob told us at a Difference Makers meeting You assume way too much. My personal feelings? Really, I said and you apparently missed that Rob does the GRUNT WORK. I don't think he takes credit for anything, BUT I AM CERTAIN HE GETS CRAPPY CRITIZISM FROM GUYS LIKE YOU WHO KNOW IT ALL. As far as a war chest, yes NDSU does have that but when you got snobby people from the east to deal with, the war chest does not mean much. I repeat ever heard of Incarnate Word?

As far as job performance evaluation, I believe the AD has to do that job, not TK or Nidaros.
                    I'm confident we are allowed to evaluate anyone's performance here, from the water boy to the president.

Thanks for recognizing that yes, I do know it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Thanks, scheduling is not easy for any of the Dakotas. UND has the luxury of having 13 or 14 member conference. If there was an advantage of joining the BSC, it has to be not having to struggle to fill non conference games. BTW, I think NDSU beat SDSU to punch in scheduling Incarnate Word.
                      UND does not have an easier scheduling situation for football because they are in the Big Sky. The Big Sky also has an 8 game conference schedule with 3 or 4 non conference games depending on whether it is an 11 or 12 game season just like the MVFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                        UND does not have an easier scheduling situation for football because they are in the Big Sky. The Big Sky also has an 8 game conference schedule with 3 or 4 non conference games depending on whether it is an 11 or 12 game season just like the MVFC.
                        I did not know that. Thanks for the information.

Comment

You have to admit, USD has the same scheduling problems that SDSU has. The geography has all these potential opponents scattered. They are too far to the west and too far for the east. Not enough bus rides down and up I-29. I don't really want to resurrect the NCC.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 06-09-2014, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Sorry for posting late, but I wanted to mention that your AD did a good job when scheduling the away game of this deal. 2019 is the next 12-game season after this one, so you won't necessarily lose a home game that year.

Comment

Working...
                            X