Missouri Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri Tigers

Actually we went uptempo to start against Nebraska and it worked great for us. We then changed half way throughout the second quarter and it went downhill. I believe we should do uptempo more often. Jmho

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Glad to hear you're excited about the game, MizzouFan. That's not the norm for Power 5 conference fans when it comes to matchups against FCS teams.

In terms of our offense, one thing that may surprise you is that, even with our offensive weapons, we are more of a grind-it-out squad rather than uptempo. If we are playing uptempo, it generally means we are behind, and in a game like this, it could get ugly for us if we have to resort to that.
      Good point. I am originally from the Springfield, MO area so I have followed the Gateway/MVFC for a long time. I have a lot of respect for the FCS and that conference in particular. NDSU gets all of the attention nationally, but UNI is good, SDSU has a lot of talent, and so do schools like Southern Illinois and Youngstown State (historically).

Comment

Missouri's press conference and regarding the SDSU game. There's a little talk about SDSU right away but there was some technical difficulties so you can only here the last little bit.

http://www.mutigers.com/allaccess/

Depth Chart: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0140825aaa.pdf

Good scouting report about SDSU: http://www.columbiatribune.com/blogs...7a43b2370.html
        Last edited by SanDakotaState; 08-25-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

It's Tuesday of opening week of football season and it seems a little slow in here. We need to pick it up. Unfortunately, I have only a little offer.

I heard Chad Strehlow has a broken hand so we may miss him for a few games as he would have started at fullback. Sounds like we're dinged up a bit at WR according to Stig's comments on the Jackrabbit Insider on Sunday.

Other than that, I expect some unexpected on defense both this Saturday and throughout the season.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Is there a good Missouri forum we can look through? It's always fun to see what the opposing team's fans are saying about the game.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              It's Tuesday of opening week of football season and it seems a little slow in here. We need to pick it up. Unfortunately, I have only a little offer.

I heard Chad Strehlow has a broken hand so we may miss him for a few games as he would have started at fullback. Sounds like we're dinged up a bit at WR according to Stig's comments on the Jackrabbit Insider on Sunday.

Other than that, I expect some unexpected on defense both this Saturday and throughout the season.

More injuries?! I saw TV noted in the Argus that Mason Leiseth is out for the season. He would have been on the travel squad at DE. Depth is certainly going to be an issue.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'm interested in what kind of new wrinkles the offense will throw in there this year. I heard Coach Stig mention in an interview that the Jet Sweep was going to be utilized this year (where one of the WR motions towards the line and is an option for a hand off), and I wonder who would be the receiver that will be receiving the hand off. My best guess would be Trevor Wesley.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm interested in what kind of new wrinkles the offense will throw in there this year. I heard Coach Stig mention in an interview that the Jet Sweep was going to be utilized this year (where one of the WR motions towards the line and is an option for a hand off), and I wonder who would be the receiver that will be receiving the hand off. My best guess would be Trevor Wesley.
                  Or line ZZ up at wide out and run him across, he would do pretty well with that getting a hand of and put Gandy or Rodriquez in the backfield. would atleast be a good decoy for those guys to get a chance to run.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That's a good guess. I'm guess it'll look like the motion stuff Auburn runs with the jet sweep to the front and then a turn to ZZ, etc. with all kinds of variations off that.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Or line ZZ up at wide out and run him across, he would do pretty well with that getting a hand of and put Gandy or Rodriquez in the backfield. would atleast be a good decoy for those guys to get a chance to run.
                      Neither Gandy nor Rodriguez will be second on the depth chart I'm guessing. Hopefully it comes out today.

Comment

Neither Gandy nor Rodriguez will be second on the depth chart I'm guessing. Hopefully it comes out today.
                        I figured they would be splitting time as the 2nd back. I know we have plenty of depth there just havent heard anyone jumped to be the clear back up over either of those guys.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I figured they would be splitting time as the 2nd back. I know we have plenty of depth there just havent heard anyone jumped to be the clear back up over either of those guys.
                          I'd expect to see Mengarelli probably.

Comment

I'm for any scheme that gets ZZ past the LOS and into the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              I'm for any scheme that gets ZZ past the LOS and into the secondary.
                              I would actually like to see the flash play with jones under center but actually throw out of it to JS or Wienke. I know you dont want to take a player like sumners arm off the field, but Jones was a QB I thought in high school and it would be a wrinkle that would be much harder to defend if he would run it or pass to 2 really big WRs who would be hard to cover both.

Comment

Kyle Paris anyone?

Last year pre-season, TV stated that he was making a strong push for playing time as the backup RB. Then something happened that I believe went unreported and we never saw him except late in the playoffs.

Is he set to make a triumphant return in 2014?

Comment

Working...
                                X