Missouri Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Tigers

Per TV, game will kick off at 2:30 pm on ESPNU. We are going, pretty easy drive. Going to be warm. Going to be fun.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Missouri Tigers

I got all excited when I saw this.......then I realized I have a wedding to be at

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      I got all excited when I saw this.......then I realized I have a wedding to be at
      I wouldn't attend my own wedding if it was scheduled during football season,let alone someone else's.

Comment

28 point underdogs according to 5dimes

http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx#al_21

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          I wouldn't attend my own wedding if it was scheduled during football season,let alone someone else's.
          That was the first thing i told my wife when she wanted an Oct wedding, thats fine but it cant be on a home game. unless we had the wedding in brookings and went to the game. i suppose for all involved it worked out we had an away game the day she wanted.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            28 point underdogs according to 5dimes

http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx#al_21
            That is pretty interesting. If you look at the last six times Mizzou has faced FCS competition their average margin of victory has been just shy of 50 points (49.6). But then again I think that South Dakota State is a much better opponent than those six: Murray St. SE Louisiana, Western Illinois, McNeese State, Furman, and Southeast Missouri State.

I honestly think that this one could potentially be a scary game for Mizzou when you consider that we are facing a veteran QB and WRs along with the best RB in FCS football. I don't know as much about your defense and have read a few places that you all have struggled against spread teams in the past, but still you never know how your offense will look in the first game.

I am looking forward to this one in any event and I will be rooting for you to beat Missouri State and also to finally dethrone NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by 417MizzouFan View Post
              That is pretty interesting. If you look at the last six times Mizzou has faced FCS competition their average margin of victory has been just shy of 50 points (49.6). But then again I think that South Dakota State is a much better opponent than those six: Murray St. SE Louisiana, Western Illinois, McNeese State, Furman, and Southeast Missouri State.

I honestly think that this one could potentially be a scary game for Mizzou when you consider that we are facing a veteran QB and WRs along with the best RB in FCS football. I don't know as much about your defense and have read a few places that you all have struggled against spread teams in the past, but still you never know how your offense will look in the first game.

I am looking forward to this one in any event and I will be rooting for you to beat Missouri State and also to finally dethrone NDSU.
              I think this will be a very difficult game for the Jackrabbits for several of the reasons you just pointed out. Much like last years Nebraska game the offense is experience and poised and will likely be able to move the ball and put some points on the board. However, the defense is going to have a very tough time containing an explosive, quick and talented Mizzou offense. Competing against a SEC team picked to finish in the top half of the conference is not realistic. If I were a betting man I'd stay away from the Jacks on this one.

We have a decent sized group heading to the game. Staying at the Hampton Inn and Suits near the stadium. Any advice for tailgating? How about Friday night? Would like to hit some campus bars. We aren't youngsters anymore but still like to have fun.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Looks like the Tigers are training hard for the Jacks:

http://www.kfan.com/onair/the-power-...mera-12655642/

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post

Haha I hope that is there projected starter at quarterback this year. If so, I like our chances.
                  "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post

Is that why you have the moniker of shot_5533? It makes me grimace seeing someone taking a shot like that.

Comment

I went over to TigerBoard, trying to see what they were saying about the game. That place is a mess, absolutely horrible layout for a forum

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        I went over to TigerBoard, trying to see what they were saying about the game. That place is a mess, absolutely horrible layout for a forum
                        You are so right. I spent about 40 second over there trying to make sense and ended up with a headache that may last until November. Virtually unreadable.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I think this will be a very difficult game for the Jackrabbits for several of the reasons you just pointed out. Much like last years Nebraska game the offense is experience and poised and will likely be able to move the ball and put some points on the board. However, the defense is going to have a very tough time containing an explosive, quick and talented Mizzou offense. Competing against a SEC team picked to finish in the top half of the conference is not realistic. If I were a betting man I'd stay away from the Jacks on this one.

We have a decent sized group heading to the game. Staying at the Hampton Inn and Suits near the stadium. Any advice for tailgating? How about Friday night? Would like to hit some campus bars. We aren't youngsters anymore but still like to have fun.
                          I think you are very well situated staying at that Hampton Inn. There is a pretty good restaurant right next to that hotel called Stadium Grill. I am sure it will be crowded but it is right there. In terms of tailgating, if you walk from the hotel towards Memorial Stadium you will hit plenty of tailgates along the way. There are a ton of bars downtown which is a bit of a walk, but still very doable. Shiloh's, Bengal's, Quinton's, and of course the legendary Harpo's (kind of on the decline a bit though). There is also a pretty cool bar on top of the Hilton that just opened. It's called the Rooftop or something like that. It should be a good atmosphere. I am just hoping it isn't ridiculously hot at 2:30. That is my big concern.

Comment

There are six of us going to the game (two from Little Rock, AR, two from KC and my wife and I) and we want to so some tailgating. I do not see an organized tailgate being planned. Anybody out there (JackMD?) planning to do any tailgating and/or have any idea on where we could do some tailgating?

Comment

Missouri ranked #24 in the AP poll that came out today

Comment

Working...
                              X