2016 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Spirituality is the praxis and process of personal transformation, either in accordance with traditional religious ideals, or, increasingly, oriented on subjective experience and psychological growth independently of any specific religious context.

char·ac·ter
    ˈkerəktər/
    noun
    noun: character; plural noun: characters
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Spirituality is the praxis and process of personal transformation, either in accordance with traditional religious ideals, or, increasingly, oriented on subjective experience and psychological growth independently of any specific religious context.

char·ac·ter
      ˈkerəktər/
      noun
      noun: character; plural noun: characters
      In my post that followed Gopherhole, I was trying to be complimentary to Coach Stig. I was not trying to start a war or any kind of a religious argument. I about to stop posting all together as it seems to do nothing but get me in trouble with the moderators. Thanks for your support Old Hare.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        In my post that followed Gopherhole, I was trying to be complimentary to Coach Stig. I was not trying to start a war or any kind of a religious argument. I about to stop posting all together as it seems to do nothing but get me in trouble with the moderators. Thanks for your support Old Hare.
        I was mearly pointing out you could possibly elicit responses out of people (both for and against) that you didn't intend too. Religion, much like politics, has people that feel VERY strongly about their positions.

FYI, I saw your response post before you edited it. If you don't want something quoted, I'd suggest not posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I was mearly pointing out you could possibly elicit responses out of people (both for and against) that you didn't intend too. Religion, much like politics, has people that feel VERY strongly about their positions.

FYI, I saw your response post before you edited it. If you don't want something quoted, I'd suggest not posting it.
          Gee thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Gee thanks
            Thanks for the rep that reads "**** U".

You're a classy guy. Pretty clear what kind of character you posses.

Comment

Well you are suppose to attack posts not posters. I really could care less about my character, I am retired so........

Comment

I get them on a regular basis. Quite comical really.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  I get them on a regular basis. Quite comical really.
                  Oh another dear friend has spoken. How nice.

Comment

Can we stick to recruiting and not this worthless drivel please.

Comment

There would be multiple people who would be read-only on the board for the remainder of the calendar year if I were in a bad mood.

Fortunately, I will merely invite a return to the thread topic.

(And fear not, I am really, really bad at holding grudges.)
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think the quality of recruit will continue to improve. We will have one of the best football facilities in FCS and this coaching staff seems to really be connecting with their target recruits. The future is bright!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          I think the quality of recruit will continue to improve. We will have one of the best football facilities in FCS and this coaching staff seems to really be connecting with their target recruits. The future is bright!
                          The recruits see the SJAC and the dirt being moved for the new stadium. These are past the pipe dream stage. The athletic department in general has many positive actions in order to attract great recruits. Maybe this is why Sell garnered the Under Armor AD of the Year designation for the FCS.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Depending on how you define "quality" student-athlete, Jacks in D-I have been graduating and retaining better students who also happen to be good to GREAT Athletes. Our athletes value the education they receive. SDSU will rarely be the first choice for those athletes who entire goal is become a pro. However, the staffs, the facilities, and the fan support match or exceed all but the most highly regarded programs.

In FCS football, only Montana, NDSU, Montana St., James Madison, Delaware are 4-5K better attended consistently than the Jacks. With the SJAC, the Dana Dykhouse Stadium, and the successful program since the move up to D-I, SDSU is attracting better athletes who value the education that they will receive. Clean, safe, smaller upper mid-west city, those that don't crave the big city, and all its accompanying distractions can be a good place for the type of student athletes that are "Jackrabbit ready". Many of the MAC or Sunbelt schools would like the situation that the Jacks enjoy.

Comment

The student athlete has been a concern of Stig for some time. At the time before the transition to D1, Stig was at one of those golf days for SDSU and I was able to visit with him quite some time about his concern for academics. It may have been the summer of 1997. The coaching staff has had student and athlete put together for many years indeed. The overall GPA for athletes at SDSU is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                The student athlete has been a concern of Stig for some time. At the time before the transition to D1, Stig was at one of those golf days for SDSU and I was able to visit with him quite some time about his concern for academics. It may have been the summer of 1997. The coaching staff has had student and athlete put together for many years indeed. The overall GPA for athletes at SDSU is impressive.
                                This is probably one of the best qualities of Stig. We don't really have to worry about off-field issues....that's a luxary this day and age. No question Stig is a top notch human.

Comment

Working...
                                X