Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Ko is a great player and great kid! I'm not sure what his college position will be. Maybe DE or TE? He's playing QB and LB at Sioux Center.
    Update - Van Ginkel is an absolute stud! I was at the SDSU debacle on Saturday, but have privy to film on USD. I watched the USD/Youngstown game. Van Ginkel was the best player on the field as a redshirt freshman. Oh by the way Youngstown is very good! Jacks are mentally and physically going to have to step it up if not I see 3 or 4 losses down the stretch.
    I went to the Iowa/North Texas game last weekend. Snyder was on every special team and played 3 series on defense at free safety on a 5-0 Top 25 B1G team. So Nidaros maybe my eye for talent is better than a certain coach on our staff who told me neither of these two guys were good enough to play for the Jacks.
    o
    Okay then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      o
      Okay then.
      OK then? Love the response when you don't have a come back. Back when we didn't recruit these two players your come back was we'll see that we didn't make a mistake and our coaches know talent when they see it. I love that I have finally quieted you down instead of your typical "Northwest Football blah blah blah!!"

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
        OK then? Love the response when you don't have a come back. Back when we didn't recruit these two players your come back was we'll see that we didn't make a mistake and our coaches know talent when they see it. I love that I have finally quieted you down instead of your typical "Northwest Football blah blah blah!!"
        And what does this have to do w/ 2016 Recruiting? If you and Nidaros want to argue do it via personal messaging. PLEASE!

To add something meaningful:
        Jarek Berg and Josh Manchigiah (both verbals) both had significant injuries this year during their HS season.
        Manchigiah was selected to play in the Semper Fi All American Game in Los Angeles in January!
        Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 10-06-2015, 03:33 PM. Reason: added relevant 2016 Recruiting info.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          And what does this have to do w/ 2016 Recruiting? If you and Nidaros want to argue do it via personal messaging. PLEASE!

Jarek Berg and Josh Manchigiah (both verbals) both had significant injuries this year during their HS season.
          Manchigiah was selected to play in the Semper Fi All American Game in Los Angeles in January!
          Well that is bad news on those first two guys.

As for the post you quoted, all I could think was "ah jeez, not this **** again."
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The argument is one sided Bulldog vs Bulldog. I don't have a dog in this fight

Comment

Offer out to a RB out of Minnesota, Tolu Ogunrinde.
              http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ollege_choices
              http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2289082/tolu-ogunrinde

Also Daniel Bridge-Gadd, QB from AZ decommitted from New Mexico St and verballed to Wasington. Had offer from Jacks (teammate of SDSU Jack verbal Jacob Brown).

Comment

Offer out to a RB out of Minnesota, Tolu Ogunrinde.
                http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ollege_choices
                http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2289082/tolu-ogunrinde

Also Daniel Bridge-Gadd, QB from AZ decommitted from New Mexico St and verballed to Wasington. Had offer from Jacks (teammate of SDSU Jack verbal Jacob Brown).
                Good lord, 6'2"; 230#'s with a 4.6 40! Runs like a Mack truck, loves trucking guys and is very good at it. Honestly though I see a good RB that takes 2 defenders or more to tackle. Other than a short yardage power back I'm not sure he's going to get much more with the shifty RB's we have or are committed to us. Here's a plan, put on 10 pounds of muscle and convert him to MLB. I like that.

Comment

"@jason247scout Day late but was right in my prediction. South Dakota St is 1st offer for Chandler Az Perry LB Case Hatch http://www.scout.com/player/196139-c...ear=2015&s=222 … @CaseHatch"

Case Hatch, LB from AZ w/ an offer.
                  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1809891/case-hatch
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...e-Hatch-166004

Comment

@NateClouse #Huskers keeping tabs on Omaha Central DL Elijah Wilson (@Elijahw66): ($) http://rvls.co/NUeyesEW via @RivalsBryan

Elijah Wilson is a verbal commit for the Jacks right now.

Comment

@NateClouse #Huskers keeping tabs on Omaha Central DL Elijah Wilson (@Elijahw66): ($) http://rvls.co/NUeyesEW via @RivalsBryan

Elijah Wilson is a verbal commit for the Jacks right now.
                      Just watched his senior year mid-season highlights and you can see why Nebraska would be giving him a look. Really good combination of speed, power, and size.

Hopefully Nebraska doesn't offer him a scholarship. I think the days are coming to close were we lose kids we've offered to preferred walk-on status at Nebraska (at least for the vast majority of them). We have too good of a program and facilities to ignore for regional kids and college tuition is getting too expensive to turn down a scholarship for a high risk gamble on a obtaining playing time at the resident FBS school.

* I'm aware that, now I have made this proclamation, Murphy's Law states that Elijah will end up accepting preferred walk-on status at Nebraska.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        Just watched his senior year mid-season highlights and you can see why Nebraska would be giving him a look. Really good combination of speed, power, and size.

Hopefully Nebraska doesn't offer him a scholarship. I think the days are coming to close were we lose kids we've offered to preferred walk-on status at Nebraska (at least for the vast majority of them). We have too good of a program and facilities to ignore for regional kids and college tuition is getting too expensive to turn down a scholarship for a high risk gamble on a obtaining playing time at the resident FBS school.

* I'm aware that, now I have made this proclamation, Murphy's Law states that Elijah will end up accepting preferred walk-on status at Nebraska.
                        I can't speak for Nebraska, but it seems around here that the Husker Aura has dissappeared as well.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          I can't speak for Nebraska, but it seems around here that the Husker Aura has dissappeared as well.
                          No. People in the nebraska still think its the mid 90s. Or have that mindset they are.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            No. People in the nebraska still think its the mid 90s. Or have that mindset they are.
                            Ask Mr. Blum- 3 year Husker now starting.... Many ok with being sub on a good team. Not ok with being sub on average team....

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                              Ask Mr. Blum- 3 year Husker now starting.... Many ok with being sub on a good team. Not ok with being sub on average team....
                              I think they had him at the wrong position as well. Blum looks like he should have been playing DE from the start.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Blum did not get a fair shake from the new regime....much to our advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X