Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    No clue at all...I'm not that much in the know. I wouldn't even have a guess...sorry.
    If you don't have a clue of how NDSU is distributing scholarships or FCOA why are you coming on here admonishing SDSU for how they have handled their own business of scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      If you don't have a clue of how NDSU is distributing or FOCA why are you coming on here admonish SDSU for how they have handled their own business of scholarships.
      Because we are better than you. Next question?

But I do have a couple things to add...it is FCOA, not FOCA. And I do know NDSU gives the same percentage FCOA to each player as they have percentage of a scholarship. If the player has 3/4 scholly, they have 3/4 FCOA.

Sorry I don't know the exact amount each player gets. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        ****Contributing to thread drift***** (Bad Mod, Bad ) Did USD ever add permanent seating to the west side? If not, they could readily add seating and be a virtual clone to the UNI-dome for capacity. Having a hand (literally) in the construction of the DakotaDome back in the 70's, I had to do a compare/contrast of the UNI vs Dakota Domes, especially the fiberglass roofing system then popular.

Hope Jacks Coaches are happy with the signees for 2016....
        Dome renovations (including permanent seating on the west side) have been unofficially been announced without much detail. I believe they are still working on renderings, etc.

Comment

I signed onto this thread hoping to read the latest about SDSU recruits, not NDSU and USD crap. I'm not a moderator and I'm glad SDSU athletics can draw a crowd, but shouldn't some of this discussion go on other threads.
          This space for lease.

Comment

One publication has SDSU's class as 12th best in FCS (3rd in MVFC behind UNI & NDSU). Anyone's guess how accurate this is. Will find out in a couple of years.

http://herosports.com/news/ranking-t...s-in-the-fcs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I signed onto this thread hoping to read the latest about SDSU recruits, not NDSU and USD crap. I'm not a moderator and I'm glad SDSU athletics can draw a crowd, but shouldn't some of this discussion go on other threads.
              I was hoping somebody else would make that point so I wouldn't have to.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That's for FBS. FCS can distribute/split 63 schollies between more than 63 players.
                No..TAB... the correct version was posted...63 scholarships spread among up to 85 players in FCS football. FBS is (I think this is close to accurate) is 85 scholarships among 100 athletes. I know the FCS numbers are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  No..TAB... the correct version was posted...63 scholarships spread among up to 85 players in FCS football. FBS is (I think this is close to accurate) is 85 scholarships among 100 athletes. I know the FCS numbers are correct.
                  In the FBS 85 players may have scholarships...I believe the school can give any portion of the scholarship they want...but only to 85 players... So, everything I said was correct...I just didn't say 63 to 85 players...I just said 63 to more than 63 players.

Comment

That's for FBS. FCS can distribute/split 63 schollies between more than 63 players.
                    TAB...I was wrong...headcount is king...in both FBS and FCS getting any scholarship % counts as 1 and not more than 63 (FCS) and 85 (BCS) players can have scholarship help. Your comment above was also incorrect, as was mine...DRAW!

Comment

TAB...I was wrong...headcount is king...in both FBS and FCS getting any scholarship % counts as 1 and not more than 63 (FCS) and 85 (BCS) players can have scholarship help. Your comment above was also incorrect, as was mine...DRAW!
                      Maybe I am misinterpreting your comment but FCS is 63 full scholarships that can be divided up to 85 players.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Maybe I am misinterpreting your comment but FCS is 63 scholarships that can be divided up to 85 players.
                        That's what I thought...but the NCAA scholarship limit page says headcount (no more than 63 players can get scholarship help), so I thought I was wrong...so I have decided to punt and stay out of this until I learn more from people who know!!

Comment

That's what I thought...but the NCAA scholarship limit page says headcount (no more than 63 players can get scholarship help), so I thought I was wrong...so I have decided to punt and stay out of this until I learn more from people who know!!
                          http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...16.pdf#page213
                          Page 203. 15.5.6.2

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html
                          FBS is headcount sport.
                          FCS is an equivalency sport
                          Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 02-05-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...16.pdf#page213
                            Page 203. 15.5.6.2

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html
                            FBS is headcount sport.
                            FCS is an equivalency sport
                            Thanks for doing my work for me.

Comment

The bottom line on cost of attendance is that each player is actually going to have a different actual cost of attendance. Obviously, it will cost a player from Florida more to fly to their school in South Dakota than it will for a player from Yankton to drive. Offering different levels of cost of attendance is no different than offering different levels of scholarship in my opinion. I suspect most players understand this.

Honestly, most of these players from a long ways away would probably be money ahead to take a D-2 offer from a local university. By the time the player flies back and forth a few times during the year and his family comes to a few games, they have spent most of that scholarship money anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                                The bottom line on cost of attendance is that each player is actually going to have a different actual cost of attendance. Obviously, it will cost a player from Florida more to fly to their school in South Dakota than it will for a player from Yankton to drive. Offering different levels of cost of attendance is no different than offering different levels of scholarship in my opinion. I suspect most players understand this.
                                Honestly, most of these players from a long ways away would probably be money ahead to take a D-2 offer from a local university. By the time the player flies back and forth a few times during the year and his family comes to a few games, they have spent most of that scholarship money anyway.
                                Agree that is understandable, but every institution submits a FCOA figure to the NCAA, and the NCAA is now says you can offer any amount (differing) UP TO the FCOA figure, but not above it. NDSU's FCOA is lower than SDSU's, which says we can offer more than NDSU to any athlete (in any differing amount) up to our FCOA. Holy cow, what a mess. A big thank you to UMW for finding the "equivalency" rule for FCS...which is what I said in my first post (disagreed with by TAB) that we can offer a total of 63 FB full scholarships, split up in differing amounts to 85 players.

Comment

Working...
                                X