X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...elhaupt-167009

David Engelhaupt verbals to Wyoming. Had offer from the Jacks.
    I thought this kid may fly under the radar, but his recruitment had built up some momentum since we offered him. He had since received offers from UNI, USD, and UND in addition to the offer from Wyoming. The kid is an athlete with a good frame. Norfolk Catholic is a solid program that plays some very good competition, despite not being in the larger classes of football in Nebraska. Good get for Wyoming and we won't have to face him in league play.

Comment

This guy is quick and knows how to play in space versus receivers. He appears smaller on the field than his 6'0" frame would suggest, but his footwork and knowledge of the game puts him in great position to make plays. I'm guessing he looks small because it appears the metro area has done a good job developing big receivers. I wish he would take on ball carriers a little lower. Many of his tackles were around the numbers and higher. He does a good job stripping the ball from that angle. He could have an early impact on special teams both returning and covering. When returning, he makes quick cuts, but spends most of his time going north and south. Kind of like Zenner with the ball. (I'm not suggesting he is a Zenner type player, just how he makes decisive, quick cuts and moves down field.)

It is also fun to watch his rugby footage. The kid is tough! According to his twitter page, he's a high school All-American rugby player.

The coaches are doing an outstanding job finding recruits this year! We appear to be ahead of the curve in most cases when evaluating talent.

Comment

Jordan Birch, RB from Kansas with an offer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Birch-181869

Comment

Tre Bryant, a RB from St. Louis, has committed to Kansas State. We were one of the few FCS schools to offer.

Comment

Tweet from Coach Luke Schleusner. His recruiting area is Illinois.‏

@LukeSchleusner
            Beautiful day in Brookings! Received a phone call over the noon hour from a future Jackrabbit! #lockdown #playmaker

Comment

Tweet from Coach Luke Schleusner. His recruiting area is Illinois.‏

@LukeSchleusner
              Beautiful day in Brookings! Received a phone call over the noon hour from a future Jackrabbit! #lockdown #playmaker
              Been searching the interwebs for the commit but haven't managed to come up with anything yet.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Been searching the interwebs for the commit but haven't managed to come up with anything yet.
                Anyone else have any luck? I've been trying myself and can't seem to find anything. Terry would have hunted this one down by now. Someone might have to tweet at Zimmer and tell him we want information and we want it now!
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Anyone else have any luck? I've been trying myself and can't seem to find anything. Terry would have hunted this one down by now. Someone might have to tweet at Zimmer and tell him we want information and we want it now!
                  No luck here either. It is possible the tweet wasn't referring to a verbal commitment (but it sure sounded like it). I don't think you will find any luck w/ Zimmer. He has made comments on his weekly live chats that he doesn't look into verbals or recruits.

Comment

Some South Dakota players to keep an eye on:

Dodi Makwinja, RB & LB, SF OGorman
                    Ethan Roth, DL, Harrisburg
                    Kanin Nelson, QB, Mitchell
                    Jett Thune, QB, SF Roosevelt
                    Preston Tetzlaff, LB, Brookings
                    Tyler Van Voorst, WR, SF Roosevelt
                    Jack Peery, WR, SF OGorman
                    Carter Carstens, DE, SF Roosevelt
                    Andrew Sorensen, LB, Brandon Valley
                    Logan Busch, OL, Beresford
                    Luke Fritsch, DB, SF OGorman

*These are just athletes that I am familiar with and/or the ones that attended the Riggs Football Combine about a month ago.
                    Kanin Nelson w/ an offer from the Jacks. He is a QB so not sure if he would switch to a different position.
                    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1740272/kanin-nelson
                    @Kanin3091 Very humbled to say that I have received an offer from South Dakota State University!!���� #GoJacks #RunRabbits

Also Ethan Roth, DL, from Harrisburg verballed to USD (SDSU interest).
                    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 07-09-2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Gavin Bassett verbals to Army. Had offer from the Jacks.
                      http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Bassett-183690

Comment

Gavin Rush verbals to Wyoming. Had offer from the Jacks.
                        @grush56: Excited to say I have officially committed to play football and continue my education at the University of Wyoming! http://t.co/YeW1plNoJU

Comment

Kristian Welch committed to Iowa. Had offer from the Jacks.
                          https://rivals.yahoo.com/iowa/footba...n-Welch-167470

Comment

@GoJacksFB: #��On��! Another Commitment from an awesome competitor and young man
                            @Dan_Jackson5: 8th commitment is in and he's special! Great to have him in our jackrabbit family. #����On ����

Holy cow! Looks like we have up to 8 verbals.

Comment

Is this the commit from Illinois that was mentioned last week that no one could figure out ?

Comment

Working...
                              X