NFL Free Agent signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Free Agent signings

Spent the weekend in Brookings for graduations and such. Found out that Brian Witzmann signed with Texas. I haven't seen anything in the Argus or on the Forum. Did I miss anything? Checked out Brian's twitter this morning and confirmed the information. (C'mon TV). Good luck Brian! I think he has a chance to make it. Any word on the two others?

Lastly - Congratulations to all the Football Graduates this weekend. We have a lot of people to be proud of. What a great academic tradition the Jacks program has.

Re: NFL Free Agent signings

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    I haven't seen anything in the Argus or on the Forum. Did I miss anything? ......
    it was all timely reported. See the Missouri Valley thread below.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      it was all timely reported. See the Missouri Valley thread below.
      Thank you for the update. I have to get used to checking the Missouri Valley thread, but I concentrate mainly on the JackRabbits and forget other forum. Of course Mitchell is on top of it. He doesn't miss a thing.

Wow - three Jacks sign. That is impressive, second in the conference. Congrats to all three. I think Brian W. has a shot of at least practice squad.

I'll give kudos to Billy Turner of NDSU being drafted as highly as he was.

Stupid question - was any of this reported in the Argus or was Mitchell the only one who reported it?

Comment

Thank you for the update. I have to get used to checking the Missouri Valley thread, but I concentrate mainly on the JackRabbits and forget other forum. Of course Mitchell is on top of it. He doesn't miss a thing.

Wow - three Jacks sign. That is impressive, second in the conference. Congrats to all three. I think Brian W. has a shot of at least practice squad.

Stupid question - was any of this reported in the Argus or was Mitchell the only one who reported it?
        It was all over Twitter and Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/SDSUJacks.Football

It was in the Argus yesterday:
        "NFL Draft: SDSU teammates sign with Houston; USD’s Bryant headed for St. Louis" by Terry Vandrovec
        http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...louis/8958403/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          It was all over Twitter and Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/SDSUJacks.Football

It was in the Argus yesterday:
          "NFL Draft: SDSU teammates sign with Houston; USD’s Bryant headed for St. Louis" by Terry Vandrovec
          http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...louis/8958403/
          Excellent article. Thank you for posting it. Apologies to the Argus. I had a messed up head yesterday morning and still feeling the affects. Downtown Brookings was hopping Saturday night.

I think this shows excellent progress for the Program. I didn't realize how big Peete has built himself up to. He might have a chance too. The Jacks to Houston pipeline may be starting.

Who do you see next year getting a NFL tryout?

Comment

Excellent article. Thank you for posting it. Apologies to the Argus. I had a messed up head yesterday morning and still feeling the affects. Downtown Brookings was hopping Saturday night.

I think this shows excellent progress for the Program. I didn't realize how big Peete has built himself up to. He might have a chance too. The Jacks to Houston pipeline may be starting.

Who do you see next year getting a NFL tryout?
            Names scouts will keep an eye on. Austin Sumner, Trevor Greger, Jason Schneider, and Zach Zenner. Out of those guys Zach is a lock.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Names scouts will keep an eye on. Austin Sumner, Trevor Greger, Jason Schneider, and Zach Zenner. Out of those guys Zach is a lock.
              Looks like a great offense. I bet they start keeping early tabs on Langer too.

Comment

I might suggest, that you click New Posts as soon as you log in, you will not miss anything this way as the board seems to know where you left off reading. Works just like Bisonville which I don't visit very often and have pages to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I might suggest, that you click New Posts as soon as you log in, you will not miss anything this way as the board seems to know where you left off reading. Works just like Bisonville which I don't visit very often and have pages to look at.
                  Never too old to learn something. Thank you. Did you hear the Dykhoff speech on Saturday? I saw it on Jacks TV, attended the later graduation session. That man can speak and wow did he have some great thoughts. Not too many Institutions of higher learning would allow him to speak. Kudo's again to SDSU. Work hard and don't blame others for your stake in life? Wow -what a concept. Look in the mirror? and so on... U of MN would string him up for such ideas. Good thing we have alumni like him donating to the Sports Programs. Sorry for the thread drift but he was outstanding. The speaker for the Phd's, Pharm D's, and Master's later wasn't bad either. Graduate and start paying income taxes from the higher salary you'll earn from your higher degree. And "everyone wants to go to Wall drugs." --- Ok Sorry, I was just really impressed by SDSU and the graduation ceremony and traditions.

Back to football - Do you really think Zach Zenner has a chance in the NFL? The RB position is devalued. I'm not saying no, but it is a short shelf life for NFL RB's and a tough position to make. Teams don't carry more than 3 usually. O - linemen are different because they carry more and there aren't very many 6' -7" tall 310 lb. people around who run a 5.3 40.

Comment

Dykhouse, Dykhouse, Dykhouse - I know, I know, I know I can't type. Premier banks - Dykhouse...

Comment

Any update on Witzman, Peete or Wright? I found this site: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/HOU

I'm not sure how credible it is, but it has Witzman on injury reserve and doesn't list Peete.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                        Any update on Witzman, Peete or Wright? I found this site: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/HOU

I'm not sure how credible it is, but it has Witzman on injury reserve and doesn't list Peete.
                        That is correct on Witzman.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post

Pete was just invited for tryout early on. Must not have been signed after the tryout.

Comment

The Texans placed injured tackle Bryan Witzmann on waivers Friday. 8-1
                            The 6-foot-7, 311-pound Witzmann was undrafted out of South Dakota State.
                            http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...nn/#25408101=0

Nuts. I really liked Bryan and thought he had a chance.

Comment

Bears sign WR Dale Moss

Posted by Mike Wilkening on July 29, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
                              Getty ImagesThe Bears have brought back a wide receiver who has experience in Marc Trestman’s offense.
                              The club announced the signing of Dale Moss, who spent part of the 2013 offseason with Chicago. He was also on the Bears’ practice squad for a portion of the 2012 regular season.
                              The 25-year-old Moss entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2012. The South Dakota State product has played with Green Bay (2012), Tampa Bay (2012) and Carolina (2013). Moss was last in the NFL with the Panthers, who waived him in August 2013.
                              Moss is one of 11 receivers on the Bears’ roster. The Bears have filled all 90 roster spots.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-wr-dale-moss/

This is good news though.

Comment

Working...
                              X