Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Blake Treinen

Default Re: Blake Treinen

Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    The Jeopardy "answer" was "The Nationals' Blake Treinen has hit 100mph with this pitch that gets its name from its downward motion."
    What is a sinker ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Blake was traded to the A's today

Nats have acquired RHP Ryan Madson and LHP Sean Doolittle from A's in exchange for Blake Treinen and prospects Jesus Luzardo & Sheldon Neuse

Aaagh - I now have a good reason to watch the Oakland A's more so again. Since I've lived in California for over 30 years and my son's back in the day we're fans of Rickey Henderson and Mark McGwire...well, those days are past. The Giants and the A's are basically right at the cellar but this gives me good reason to watch

Quote Originally Posted by 73alum View Post
    Aaagh - I now have a good reason to watch the Oakland A's more so again. Since I've lived in California for over 30 years and my son's back in the day we're fans of Rickey Henderson and Mark McGwire...well, those days are past. The Giants and the A's are basically right at the cellar but this gives me good reason to watch
    Man I use to love the As growing up. Those late 80s teams were legit. roided, but really good and fun to watch. As kid that's how McGwire became my favorite player. Eck pitching, Henderson running, the bash brothers etc.

Hopefully Blake gets some chances to get into the starting rotation. Maybe I am crazy but I feel he fits better and his pitches work better as a starter then late inning RP.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Agree, I loved the bash bros. in the late 80's. I read today Blake might get a shot at the closer role with Santiago Casilla struggling.

Blake picked up the save for the A's last night.

My son sent me the link to a great story on Blake Treinen in the San Francisco Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    My son sent me the link to a great story on Blake Treinen in the San Francisco Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/
    This is a very interesting story. I am happy for Blake and his work ethic has opened many doors.