Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Was going to suggest an update, thought I'd go back and check first and saw you already made the update, but noticed you had Abbigail instead of Annabel for Graettinger. Thanks for keeping this list updated so we can all reference it for future posts. Thought you might want to make the correction.
    Since Severyn redshirted , she should be moved from 2014 to the 2015 group also.

Comment

Re: Future Roster

Chloe Lamb hasn't verbaled, just been offered?

Comment

i would keep an eye on Racquel Wientjes, Chloe Lamb's teammate. i thought she was very impressive.

Comment

I'm not sure. I looked for any old tweets or discussion on it and I can't find it. I might just delete it unless someone knows for sure.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            I'm not sure. I looked for any old tweets or discussion on it and I can't find it. I might just delete it unless someone knows for sure.
            Per "2014 Recruiting", some comments were made 2/23/14 that Chloe Lamb had been offered and had accepted a scholarship to play for the Jacks. Somewhere I saw some info. that she was a first team "B" All-State as a Freshman. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
              Per "2014 Recruiting", some comments were made 2/23/14 that Chloe Lamb had been offered and had accepted a scholarship to play for the Jacks. Somewhere I saw some info. that she was a first team "B" All-State as a Freshman. Can anyone confirm?
              This is the post. Maybe Rabbitfarmer has some more insight?
              Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
              We have offered a scholarship to Chloe Lamb from Sully Buttes. She is a great athlete. She accepted. She is a freshman in highschool.

Comment

So this was brought up in today's chat with Matt Zimmer:

"Comment From YJ
                Chynna is leaving the WBB team. I've heard this from multiple people inside the program. It just hasn't been confirmed yet by the school. Maybe they are hoping she changes her mind."

Any truth to this?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  So this was brought up in today's chat with Matt Zimmer:

"Comment From YJ
                  Chynna is leaving the WBB team. I've heard this from multiple people inside the program. It just hasn't been confirmed yet by the school. Maybe they are hoping she changes her mind."

Any truth to this?
                  If true...WOW! You just don't see starters leave very often.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    If true...WOW! You just don't see starters leave very often.
                    She did not regain her starting role following her injury time. That might be some soreness in her mind. She has played solid overall.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      She did not regain her starting role following her injury time. That might be some soreness in her mind. She has played solid overall.
                      Apples to oranges. She wasn't even close to 100% when she came back...
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Apples to oranges. She wasn't even close to 100% when she came back...
                        Agree, you can't sit out 3 weeks or however long it was and expect to start again. She did play valuable minutes during the SLT and against Oregon State. She probably would have have started this upcoming season, and maybe she will if she doesn't choose to leave.

I have to wonder if it has something to due with her chronic foot issues? Maybe she is just done with basketball. I can't think of any other reason. What other schools offered her out of HS?

Comment

If true , it will be interesting to see who backs up Thompson at the 4. Flaata and Mieras seem to be more true posts. Can Severyn play the 4 ?

Comment

As many know, playing collegiate sports is tough. It's a drain both mentally and physically. Wouldn't be one bit surprised if true that her heart just isn't "in it" anymore.

Comment

I believe Severyn is also leaving the program.

Comment

I think she kind of had a slight sophomore slump, probably because of her injury. But was fully expecting her to be a major contributer her junior year again. Even with her chronic foot ailment, she's proven to be a valulble player to the team, hope she stays, but if she really wants to leave, I wish her the very best. That's one of our hallmarks of our team, team cohesiveness and becoming like family. I don't think Chynna will make this decision lightly, and I believe her teammates will all support her decision. I wasn't expecting anything like this, guess we are all quite spoiled.

Severyn too, I wish her the best too, wish we'd have got to see her play. Hope we can make up these losses hopefully, like saying good bye to a friend, even though I don't know either of them personally. The number of players who don't stay for 4 yrs at SDSU has been relatively small in the Div 1 era. Just comes as a surprise I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X