Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jared Bazler

Default Re: Jared Bazler

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    You've never had One Of Those Days?
    See my post above about my golf skills. I also didn't golf in the state tourney though

I did tee off with a baseball bat one time at a company golf tourney. Hit it within 15 feet of the pin. We used that "drive".

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    The girl shot a +88 in ONE round at the state tournament. Why should that performance, at an event that is supposed to be the best female players in the state, be respected? That score is horrendous. She has no business being in the state tournament.
    For those non-golfers out there, Montana hit it on the head. +88 in a single round is absolutely atrocious. It's not just a bad day - it's I don't have any clue how to play golf and really don't belong on the golf course type of score.

Regarding the piece of mind of her fellow competitors, I'm quite confident this gal wouldn't be grouped with anyone who has a remote shot of winning the individual title.

With that said, I feel really bad for her. She shouldn't have been put in that position unless she really wanted to play. If she was OK with it and just wanted the experience, more power to her.

Quote Originally Posted by TK22867 View Post
    For those non-golfers out there, Montana hit it on the head. +88 in a single round is absolutely atrocious. It's not just a bad day - it's I don't have any clue how to play golf and really don't belong on the golf course type of score.

Regarding the piece of mind of her fellow competitors, I'm quite confident this gal wouldn't be grouped with anyone who has a remote shot of winning the individual title.

With that said, I feel really bad for her. She shouldn't have been put in that position unless she really wanted to play. If she was OK with it and just wanted the experience, more power to her.
    A round of +88 would probably be a personal-best for me, actually.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    A round of +88 would probably be a personal-best for me, actually.
    Me too. I guess we don't belong on a golf course then. I can live with that.

A 160 on 18 holes is an average of 8.89 strokes per hole. I'm curious as to this gal's golf coaches opinion on that. I played 4 years of competitive golf in high school and I've never heard of a score that high.

Give me 15 minutes on the range and around the practice green with each of you and I'll guarantee I'll shave at least 40 strokes off that 160. You won't be working the ball like Nicklaus but I'll get you around the course at a respectable number and make sure you have fun while doing it.

My comment as to not belonging on the course was meant for competitive tournaments. I've got no problems with people going out and hacking it up as recreation. Golf is a dying sport because it is so $ and so hard. I welcome and encourage everyone who wants to give it a shot to tee it up.

If it is a sport I can do anytime of day and drink beer and it not affect my score and enjoy a couple hours with family or friends its a game for me.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Guys I happen to know this young lady and I can guarantee you that she just wants to play golf. K?
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
    Guys I happen to know this young lady and I can guarantee you that she just wants to play golf. K?
    Fair enough.

Back to Jared Baszler. We have had his last name in the title of the thread spelled wrong this whole time.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

So who is going to be the next Golf coach SDSU? Any inside dope?