Jared Bazler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jared Bazler

I apologize for my...eagerness to prove my point. I just feel as if girls golf is extremely disrespected.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
      You don't worry about anyone else's game. If you want to play golf in the first place, you stay focused on your own game all of the time. Who you play with doesn't and shouldn't matter.
      Um except for the fact that pace of play would effect a person's play. We've seen it a hundred times with our women's basketball team. When the refs start blowing their whistles on every trip down the court, the level of play drops because there is no flow to the game. Flow/pace is important in all sports. If you're a competitive golfer you don't want to sit and watch a member of your group or the group in front of you shot an 8 on every hole.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Um except for the fact that pace of play would effect a person's play. We've seen it a hundred times with our women's basketball team. When the refs start blowing their whistles on every trip down the court, the level of play drops because there is no flow to the game. Flow/pace is important in all sports. If you're a competitive golfer you don't want to sit and watch a member of your group or the group in front of you shot an 8 on every hole.

I understand that. But I deal with it multiple times a season. You have to be able to focus on your own. when you get to your shot, you clear everything else out and you hit your shot.
        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I apologize for my...eagerness to prove my point. I just feel as if girls golf is extremely disrespected.
          The girl shot a +88 in ONE round at the state tournament. Why should that performance, at an event that is supposed to be the best female players in the state, be respected? That score is horrendous. She has no business being in the state tournament.

Comment

The girl shot a +88 in ONE round at the state tournament. Why should that performance, at an event that is supposed to be the best female players in the state, be respected? That score is horrendous. She has no business being in the state tournament.
            Maybe she's got nobody to help her get better. one round as in 9 or 18? because a lot of the girls shot over an 88 In a round of 18
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

You've never had One Of Those Days?
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Maybe she's got nobody to help her get better. one round as in 9 or 18? because a lot of the girls shot over an 88 In a round of 18
                I believe he means 88 strokes over par.

Comment

I've had bad golf days. we all have.
                  ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I've had bad golf days. we all have.
                    I thought we were not going to talk about yeaterday! The weather was nice though and i was not working.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      I thought we were not going to talk about yeaterday! The weather was nice though and i was not working.

Hahaha!!! bad day?
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        You've never had One Of Those Days?
                        See my post above about my golf skills. I also didn't golf in the state tourney though

I did tee off with a baseball bat one time at a company golf tourney. Hit it within 15 feet of the pin. We used that "drive".

Comment

For those non-golfers out there, Montana hit it on the head. +88 in a single round is absolutely atrocious. It's not just a bad day - it's I don't have any clue how to play golf and really don't belong on the golf course type of score.

Regarding the piece of mind of her fellow competitors, I'm quite confident this gal wouldn't be grouped with anyone who has a remote shot of winning the individual title.

With that said, I feel really bad for her. She shouldn't have been put in that position unless she really wanted to play. If she was OK with it and just wanted the experience, more power to her.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            For those non-golfers out there, Montana hit it on the head. +88 in a single round is absolutely atrocious. It's not just a bad day - it's I don't have any clue how to play golf and really don't belong on the golf course type of score.

Regarding the piece of mind of her fellow competitors, I'm quite confident this gal wouldn't be grouped with anyone who has a remote shot of winning the individual title.

With that said, I feel really bad for her. She shouldn't have been put in that position unless she really wanted to play. If she was OK with it and just wanted the experience, more power to her.
                            A round of +88 would probably be a personal-best for me, actually.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              A round of +88 would probably be a personal-best for me, actually.
                              Me too. I guess we don't belong on a golf course then. I can live with that.

Comment

A 160 on 18 holes is an average of 8.89 strokes per hole. I'm curious as to this gal's golf coaches opinion on that. I played 4 years of competitive golf in high school and I've never heard of a score that high.

Give me 15 minutes on the range and around the practice green with each of you and I'll guarantee I'll shave at least 40 strokes off that 160. You won't be working the ball like Nicklaus but I'll get you around the course at a respectable number and make sure you have fun while doing it.

My comment as to not belonging on the course was meant for competitive tournaments. I've got no problems with people going out and hacking it up as recreation. Golf is a dying sport because it is so $ and so hard. I welcome and encourage everyone who wants to give it a shot to tee it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X