Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jared Bazler

Default Re: Jared Bazler

Quote Originally Posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
    Okay I've improved...I only shot over 100 once this year. It was cold and windy and I didn't wanna be there. I shot 92,95,95,95,96,98, and I think maybe another 95.
    What do you mean: "I didn't wanna be there." You would never make it in the USMC. Of course I am a US Navy vet myself, and was never on a ship, so so much for bravery and valor. Yes indeed you did improve. Good luck at MSMU. I am sure MSMU could use a good golfer. Don't eat too much Duane's Pizza.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-13-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    You shot 112-116 and finished T78 / 96 at last year's SD Class AA state tourney - FULL RESULTS HERE.

I would recommend working hard to improve and hopefully colleges come calling!
    Looking over that list Douglas golf team needs some more practice rounds.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Allen Iverson was their coach. "We talking about practice?"

They don't really have a motive to play. I played with their girls. A lot of them just play for something to do...like the rest of my team.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Thanks to the great organization called the SDHSAA (insert very heavy sarcasm) every Class AA team gets to play in the state HS golf tourney. Douglas is always at the bottom of the leader board. Arguably more absurd than 7 classes of football is that we have 3 classes of golf. Let's not get sidetracked here though - that topic has been beaten to death already.

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Thanks to the great organization called the SDHSAA (insert very heavy sarcasm) every Class AA team gets to play in the state HS golf tourney. Douglas is always at the bottom of the leader board. Arguably more absurd than 7 classes of football is that we have 3 classes of golf. Let's not get sidetracked here though - that topic has been beaten to death already.
    Why is it a problem that everyone gets to play? I don't think class AA should have to qualify. Golf is a great sport and I think it's great that they let everyone have the opportunity to play in a state tournament. It's a great experience that every athlete should get to have. Also, did you guys hear that they are pushing the tournament back 2 weeks starting in 2015?
    ---Herb Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
    Why is it a problem that everyone gets to play? I don't think class AA should have to qualify. Golf is a great sport and I think it's great that they let everyone have the opportunity to play in a state tournament. It's a great experience that every athlete should get to have. Also, did you guys hear that they are pushing the tournament back 2 weeks starting in 2015?
    You realize it costs schools money to send kids to State Tournaments right?

[QUOTE=Jacks-02;254302]You realize it costs schools money to send kids to State Tournaments right?[/QUOTE

I wasn't born yesterday, thanks. Anymore it's not as big of a deal to me because I'll be gone after next year anyway. I'm just saying that we practice all year for state. It's the only meet that really matters. the other thing is, golf is probably one of the cheapest state tournaments there is. 6 girls and 2 coaches in a hotel vs. 15 and 4, plus trainers, plus stat girls.
    Last edited by Madi V:)Mitchell; 05-16-2014 at 08:24 AM. Reason: added opinions
    ---Herb Brooks

Make sure everyone gets their participation medal.

I once ran a 10k and finished dead last. Before the race, they said there would be a prize for whoever finished dead last, but they would not say what the prize was. Guess what the prize was? A coupon to pick up a free pair running shoes from Foot Locker. Those were a very pair of shoes, that have since be worn out. That was my first 10k and ran many more after that. So the participation medal is a good idea.