X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Recruiting

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    Volleyball???
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Zimmer will struggle with this aspect, the reason Terry was so good at it was A. he was really good at social media being able to figure things out, and investigate. But the other thing was he knew who was being targeted. A coach can't comment on a commitment but I've seen more than one offer pretty strong hints at who they are targeting. O I'm headed out to _________________ to watch a game, well who is being recruited from ____________, then you look at their coaches and you have a network where they come to you to say who has committed or you call them and they say yes or no.

Comment

Audrey Bunge appears to be a 2015 Sr out of Rapid City Central, as a Center. Walk-on at critical need area for the Jacks?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Audrey Bunge appears to be a 2015 Sr out of Rapid City Central, as a Center. Walk-on at critical need area for the Jacks?
          A 5'11 F/C from SD that we've never heard of - must be a walk-on filling a need for a practice player.

Comment

The women's basketball team gets 15 schollies, I believe. So they don't depend on walk-ons as much as the men's team, which only gets 13 schollies. As a F-C, Audrey Bunge would appear to fill a recently created position of need on the basketball team. But I don't know if that's who the coach might be referencing.
            This space for lease.

Comment

No offense to Audrey but I don't think she is a D1 player or even a D2 player. If you do a quick google search her basketball numbers are far from good or D1 caliber. She wasn't even honorable mention All-State. Who was the last player from SD who got recruited to SDSU and wasn't All-State? I don't think AJ would use a scholarship on her. If she is a walk-on/practice player, good for her but I don't think she is worthy of a D1 basketball scholarship. If it turns out that it is Audrey, I apologize.

Someone ask Zimmer about it today during his live chat.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                No offense to Audrey but I don't think she is a D1 player or even a D2 player. If you do a quick google search her basketball numbers are far from good or D1 caliber. She wasn't even honorable mention All-State. Who was the last player from SD who got recruited to SDSU and wasn't All-State? I don't think AJ would use a scholarship on her. If she is a walk-on/practice player, good for her but I don't think she is worthy of a D1 basketball scholarship. If it turns out that it is Audrey, I apologize.

Zimmer tweeted that there wasn't gonna be a live chat today.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

I thought that was very odd also. I guess there has not been confirmation that she's the one AJ was referring to with his tweet. Maybe it's someone else.

Comment

I doubt Audrey is the reason AJ tweeted what he did.

She didn't say she was going to SDSU to play basketball in her tweet either, was just wearing an SDSU shirt.

Comment

5'11" player from Denmark. WBB twitter
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This must have been the recruit AJ tweeted about

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210055936

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          5'11" player from Denmark. WBB twitter
                          She is part of the 2015 class and will be eligible to play right away since she is a JuCo, correct?

Comment

Her numbers don't appear to translate into a starter at the D1 level at this point in time. Maybe she will be an experienced backup to Young at the 3 spot ? You would think we are already deep enough at the 2 guard positions.

Comment

Welcome Ena .... Already stats, gee whiz, ......http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/wbkb/2...e?view=lineup:) Look at lineup tab for Individual stats.

Hope she does really well here.

Comment

Looks like Oregon needed a little help from Northeastern Community college too.
                                http://www.northeast.edu/Athletics/Womens-Basketball/

This is the CC Christian Janis out of Pine Ridge played awhile back. They were in region 9 then I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X