DJ Fischer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Fischer

Former DT, DJ Fischer and 3 other were killed in a plane crash last night. Prayers go out to their families.
    http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...ash/?id=163690

Re: DJ Fischer

Sad day. A good man with a big heart.
    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
      Former DT, DJ Fischer and 3 other were killed in a plane crash last night. Prayers go out to their families.
      http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...ash/?id=163690
      Also killed a guy that I went to high school with. He leaves behind a wife and two kids.

Word around the home town is that the plane hit a wind tower (and alluded to in the linked story). Guessing they were going to land in Highmore to drop off the guy I knew. He lived near Ree Heights which is ten miles or so east of Highmore.

Sad day for sure.

Comment

DJ had just gotten married a little over a month ago to another SDSU grad.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

This is unfortunate for those families. DJ received a stipend from my endowed scholarship. This was before they started the Endowment Banquets, where you get to me your Student Athlete in person. I did receive a nice thank you note from DJ which I still have in my big folder. I never got to me DJ Fischer but may be some day I will. He was a very good football player.

Comment

DJ was part of that group that led the way into the D1 era. I think 2005 was his senior season. I didn't know him personally but loved watching him play football.

Comment

The Argus Leaders article on the crash says this is the third member of the 2005 fefensive unit to have passed away. Marty Kranz in 2008 and Gabe Koenigsfeld in 2009

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                The Argus Leaders article on the crash says this is the third member of the 2005 fefensive unit to have passed away. Marty Kranz in 2008 and Gabe Koenigsfeld in 2009

Unreal. Dan Dykhouse tweeted that this is the 4th loss in the last 10 years. Who is the other?
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  Unreal. Dan Dykhouse tweeted that this is the 4th loss in the last 10 years. Who is the other?
                  Donnie Parsons, he passed away after the Jacks got back from Winona State due to an asthma attack. It was in 03 or 04.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                    Donnie Parsons, he passed away after the Jacks got back from Winona State due to an asthma attack. It was in 03 or 04.

Add Brad Herman in 2008, according to T.V. 5 deaths in that group....speechless.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Add Brad Herman in 2008, according to T.V. 5 deaths in that group....speechless.
                      Speechless is right, Marty Kanz and DJ Fischer both received a stipend from my endowment. I used to email a little with Marty. Both these guys were model students/athletes as were the others who I did not know.

Comment

National news article on it:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...ane_crash.html

Found it linked on the Drudge Report.

Comment

I didn't know any of these men personally, but from the sounds of it, they were four young men who were leaders in their community and within the cattle industry. A blow to South Dakota, SDSU, and most unfortunately to their families.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Very sad.

Thoughts and prayers to the families involved.

Comment

Great guy...will be missed. Friend to so many guys on the team. Prayers to the family......
                              http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Working...
                              X