Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaking: SDSU wins South Dakota Corn Showdown for 2013-2014

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    BUTT SOFTBALL. USD swept us yesterday, 10-0 and 8-0. I think that would make us 13-5
    Actually it is 14-5 now.

Comment

The 13-4 record I mentioned above pertained only to the big 3 sports (MBB, WBB, FB) since USD made the D1 move. I figured those are worth tracking because there are more fans at any single one of those games than all the rest of the games, in all of the other sports, combined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Its official SDSU win the the showdown series by a score of 18-9

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209513375
        http://sdcornshowdown.com/?DB_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          Its official SDSU win the the showdown series by a score of 18-9

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209513375
          http://sdcornshowdown.com/?DB_OEM_ID=15000
          I notice by the photo, Bono is not a big man. I would hate to tangle with him in an alley fight. No doubt is still very quick. That aside, congratulations to all the coaches and student athletes for bringing home the bacon, or I meant corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I notice by the photo, Bono is not a big man. I would hate to tangle with him in an alley fight. No doubt is still very quick. That aside, congratulations to all the coaches and student athletes for bringing home the bacon, or I meant corn.

I chuckled a little when I saw him in the picture. His sport isn't even involved in the competition.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              I chuckled a little when I saw him in the picture. His sport isn't even involved in the competition.
              Which means there would be more dominance if it was.

Comment

The Jacks should get a point for each sport they offer that the Coyotes don't offer, and vice versa. Otherwise, you're rewarding a school for not offering a sport. That's weird for a competition that's based mostly on the outcome of sporting events.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  The Jacks should get a point for each sport they offer that the Coyotes don't offer, and vice versa. Otherwise, you're rewarding a school for not offering a sport. That's weird for a competition that's based mostly on the outcome of sporting events.
                  You already got a point for academics, and we all know that isn't possible.

Comment

Fortunately for the Coyotes, the competition doesn't include categories that measure the leadership ability or good looks of students.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Thanks for making my point.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        feel free to explain this...anyone can get accepted to USD or SDSU as long as you have a good ACT score and an average GPA. Just because SDSU is more AG oriented doesn't mean its easier. Both universities are well-respected in this area for different programs. The only thing that USD has on SDSU is that USD offers more graduate programs. Keep telling yourself that USD student-athletes are taking harder classes than SDSU student-athletes or any regular students. All student-athletes are doing bare minimum.

Even without the academic points SDSU kicked USD aces this year but for whatever reason USD fans think they are gaining ground on SDSU because they went to the NCAA tournament in women's basketball for the 1st time in school history.
                        Last edited by SanDakotaState; 06-03-2014, 05:29 AM.

Comment

This competition is a much bigger deal than I thought it was...

South Dakota Corn Utilization Council President Mark Gross. “With its enormous popularity, the Showdown Series offers our organization a unique opportunity to tell the story of the state’s number one industry, agriculture to an ever growing fan base.”
                          From the GoJacks.com

The big winners in this event are the scholarship dollars to help the collegiate athletes and the needy families that this program supports.

A critical complement to the Showdown Series is the concerted effort demonstrated by both universities all year long to assist Feeding South Dakota, the competition’s designated non-profit organization. In February, a total of 3,583 backpacks were filled when USD and SDSU athletic departments, student athletes and Learfield Sports’ personnel teamed up for Feeding South Dakota’s BackPack program. Additionally, nearly 32,000 meals from monetary donations and pounds of food collected during the entire athletic season have gone to directly benefit families in the immediate region.

While the trophy may not be as special as the Dakota Marker, it is nice to keep it at home and support these needy programs. Part of the reason that this may not be as special is that it is awarded while there are no fans in the stands. No players are storming the opponents sideline and hoisting it above their heads while the student section is tearing down the goal posts and Tuba and the rest of the band are getting in the way. It lacks the heat of the moment drama. But it is still our trophy!

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            All student-athletes are doing bare minimum.
                            Really?

I'm thinking Zach Zenner and Jordan Dykstra might disagree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Really?

I'm thinking Zach Zenner and Jordan Dykstra might disagree with you.
                              I agree: Those guys played their nuts off.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                Refresh my memory - How many Academic All-Americans did the Yotes have this year ?

Comment

Working...
                                X