Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Pill to Swallow- Austin Hansen a Yote!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hard Pill to Swallow- Austin Hansen a Yote!!

I'm with witness. It isn't hard at all to swallow that pill.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Austin Hansen

Austin Hansen@CoachHansen102hMybleeds blue & yellow. Life is about family not a rivalry. Surrounding urself w great people is most important. USD has GREAT people!

Subtle dig at SDSU staff or am I; a. reading into things too much or b. pot stirring?

Comment

Re: Austin Hansen

I was wondering when someone was going to start a thread about Austin Hansen...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          I maybe should've worded my post better rather than the knee-jerk reaction I had. I certainly do wish Austin all the best. He's a good guy.

I also stand by my point that I don't really have an interest in having him back here. That's just me. My opinion doesn't matter at all.

We can all say that we are happy for Austin to get the job and mean it but aren't most of you going to have some sort of regurgitating event happen when they announce him as coach? Not a long-lasting feeling but more of a short-lived gastrointestinal situation when you here the statement, "Please welcome the newest member of the Coyote Family, Assistant Coach Austin Hansen." I know I will.

SUPERBUNNY
          Upset stomach sums it up for me. I wanted it not to be true for selfish reasons. I'm still conflicted by it because of my own perspective. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about this matter. However, if you let that perspective or that opinion cause you to think less of Austin or to be angry at him its time for some introspection. I have no doubt that this was a very difficult decision for him to make, had to be gut wrenching. In the end, I like to think that he thinks that his faith in Jackrabbit nation and his proven dedication to SDSU will overcome any naysayers or "hater" as they call them these days.

I am still pondering my own feelings as it pertains to his future success. I'm not at a point where I can bring myself to cheer for the coyotes but a move like this certainly gets me a little closer to that point.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            I maybe should've worded my post better rather than the knee-jerk reaction I had. I certainly do wish Austin all the best. He's a good guy.

I also stand by my point that I don't really have an interest in having him back here. That's just me. My opinion doesn't matter at all.

SUPERBUNNY
            I agree. Although, I might have an interest in having him back in 5+ years once he has a little experience under his belt. Depending on who the other candidates are. He isn't ready for a HC job in the next 5 years, IMO.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Meh. Can't get very upset about this one. Coaching is a profession.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Meh. Can't get very upset about this one. Coaching is a profession.
                Really its no big deal, at all. Hansen getting more experience in a different program and I see him coming back when Nagy calls it a day., I have no idea how many years away that will be. At any rate Austin should be well prepared. As you stated coaching is a profession.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 04-15-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X