Professional fmr. Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Professional fmr. Jackrabbits

Not bad for His first show, hopefully many more to come with time. AAA will be beneficial in His further development.
    Living the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow Bird Jack View Post
      Yes he threw the two seam ball frequently, as called by the catcher. He does have a high graded slider that works well, but only works when the catcher calls for it. Still needs to work on His change up. Your right on the move to triple A would help refine his command on secondary pitches. He's proved he has the tools , just has to perfect his trade.
      His sinker has a TON of drop and his velocity is consistently in the upper 90's. His stuff reminds me of Felix Hernandez to a degree after Felix first came up. He's got the tools to be dominant no doubt.

Don't think I'm ready to blame the catcher for him getting hit last night though.

Comment

I understand your statement, however the catcher does make the call, he has to learn to trust his stuff enough to shake off the catcher, that is a hard step for a Rookie, nevertheless He gad a good first showing with many to come, triple A will be helpful in areas that need improvement. He originally was called up for short stent to burn some innings, that time frame was fulfilled, now back to Syracuse to work on secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow Bird Jack View Post
          I understand your statement, however the catcher does make the call, he has to learn to trust his stuff enough to shake off the catcher, that is a hard step for a Rookie, nevertheless He gad a good first showing with many to come, triple A will be helpful in areas that need improvement. He originally was called up for short stent to burn some innings, that time frame was fulfilled, now back to Syracuse to work on secondary.
          Double edged sword. Blake has to trust his stuff enough to shake off his catcher and his catcher has to trust Blake enough to call the slider.

Bottom line, which I think we both agree, the best spot for him is probably AAA so he can perfect his craft per se.

I know Smoltz was impressed with is stuff last night. Future is bright for Blake I think.

Comment

Yes it is, that's where time and experience will benefit him. The one thing I know we can both agree on is that it is an awesome thing that SDSU has 3 very talented Young men playing professional baseball. Looking forward to watching all of their careers this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
              Inside info NoVaJack???? Looks like Blake's first stint with the Nats is over. Sent back to AAA.
              A friend and South Dakota native, Mel Antonen, covers the Nats, as you know, but this came from speculation and an educated guess, entirely. When they called him up it was because he was fresh and another middle reliever was a little taxed. That reliever, a kid named Barret, had a 0.00 E.R.A. when they sent him down. Just figured after they used Treinen so much since Saturday they'd bring a fresher Barrett back and send Treinen back down. Both are considered to be probably the two brightest pitching stars in the Nats' organization. Matt Williams said before tonight's game that Treinen has an "electric" fastball and that they want him now to go down every fifth day in the minors to work on his secondary pitches and to stretch out as a starter. It's pretty well known that Williams loves Treinen's upside. My guess is that they see him in the rotation if the two kids they have pitching fourth and fifth continue to struggle. (Fister is on the DL, and the youngsters Roark and Jordan are in the rotation). I might be hopefully blue-biased but I think Treinen right now is better than Jordan and Roark, and if he goes down and hones a slider he'll be in the rotation as a fifth starter in a pennant race come about August.

Comment

Prediction: Nationals call up Blake Treinen to start Tuesday night home against Dodgers. Nats need a starter that night and Treinen started and pitched one inning tonight at Syracuse in what would have been his normal rotation start. Looks very much like a tuneup to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Prediction: Nationals call up Blake Treinen to start Tuesday night home against Dodgers. Nats need a starter that night and Treinen started and pitched one inning tonight at Syracuse in what would have been his normal rotation start. Looks very much like a tuneup to me.
                  Sounds like he will be called up Tuesday, I'm not 100% on a start or not, it will depend on whether they chose Detwiler to come out of the pen and make a start or not.

Comment

Caleb Thielbar made an outstanding defensive play today.

http://m.twins.mlb.com/video/v326034...40504_23230134

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Sounds like he will be called up Tuesday, I'm not 100% on a start or not, it will depend on whether they chose Detwiler to come out of the pen and make a start or not.
                      If he comes up it will be to start

Comment

Nats in rain delay right now, which increases the odds they use Detweiler tonight, and they call Treinen up to start tomorrow night. If he does start, I will buy a ticket and go and report on his performance.

Comment

Nats in rain delay right now, which increases the odds they use Detweiler tonight, and they call Treinen up to start tomorrow night. If he does start, I will buy a ticket and go and report on his performance.
                          That or they will delay the game, have a double hitter in which he will get called up to start one of them.

I expect Blake to be called up and start tomorrow for the Nationals

Comment

That or they will delay the game, have a double hitter in which he will get called up to start one of them.

I expect Blake to be called up and start tomorrow for the Nationals
                            JB, is a double hitter the opposite of a no-hitter? They're trying like heck to get the rest of the game in tonight,. been about a two-hour rain delay so far.

Comment

JB, is a double hitter the opposite of a no-hitter? They're trying like heck to get the rest of the game in tonight,. been about a two-hour rain delay so far.

yeah, or something like that..... Detwiler may have gotten up in the pen before the restart but some reports are saying it was Blevins who did come into the game.

Comment

yeah, or something like that..... Detwiler may have gotten up in the pen before the restart but some reports are saying it was Blevins who did come into the game.
                                Barrett came in first, then a committee. Treinen is called up and will start tonight's game. Is this the first MLB pitching start for a Jackrabbit? If so, I will be there. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-after-collis

Comment

Working...
                                X