Professional fmr. Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional fmr. Jackrabbits

Rather then cycle through different threads for the professionals I thought we could just put them all here. As of right now there is 3 former Jackrabbits playing affiliated baseball.

Caleb Thielbar
    Majors
    Minnesota Twins

Blake Treinen
    AAA-Syracuse
    Washington Nationals

Layne Somsen
    Low-A-Dayton
    Cincinnati Reds

Thielbar- after some so-so outings, and a W, he had a solid 2 inning, no hits, 3 K appearance yesterday. Contrary to popular belief that he would start the season in AAA, not only did he make the club, but has pitched quite often for the Twins so far this season.

Treinen- After an eye opening spring training, where most scouts, and National beat writers believed he would have made the team if he had been on the 40 man roster, he made his AAA debut, going 5 innings 2 un-earned runs, scouts reported him hitting 97-98 most of the game, only through about 70 pitches as they are stretching him out after using him as a reliever in spring training

Somsen- Has appeared in 2 outings for Dayton, going 2 innings, with 4K's and 1BB.

If there are any other former Rabbits playing independent ball or in Japan, or wherever feel free to post updates about it. hopefully a few more get drafted this year. milb.com is a really good site to keep updated stats on Treinen and Somsen.
    Last edited by joeboo22; 04-10-2014, 07:27 PM.

Re: Professional fmr. Jackrabbits

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Rather then cycle through different threads for the professionals I thought we could just put them all here. As of right now there is 3 former Jackrabbits playing affiliated baseball.

Caleb Thielbar
    Majors
    Minnesota Twins

Blake Treinen
    AAA-Syracuse
    Washington Nationals

Layne Somsen
    Low-A-Dayton
    Cincinnati Reds

Thielbar- after some so-so outings, and a W, he had a solid 2 inning, no hits, 3 K appearance tomorrow. Contrary to popular belief that he would start the season in AAA, not only did he make the club, but has pitched quite often for the Twins so far this season.

Treinen- After an eye opening spring training, where most scouts, and National beat writers believed he would have made the team if he had been on the 40 man roster, he made his AAA debut, going 5 innings 2 un-earned runs, scouts reported him hitting 97-98 most of the game, only through about 70 pitches as they are stretching him out after using him as a reliever in spring training

Somsen- Has appeared in 2 outings for Dayton, going 2 innings, with 4K's and 1BB.

If there are any other former Rabbits playing independent ball or in Japan, or wherever feel free to post updates about it. hopefully a few more get drafted this year. milb.com is a really good site to keep updated stats on Treinen and Somsen.
    Good idea JoeBoo. Question: Have you thought about taking your clairvoyance to Vegas? If not, can I call you from there every night before a Twins' game?

Comment

joeboo: don't borrow goon's phone...something wrong with the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Good idea JoeBoo. Question: Have you thought about taking your clairvoyance to Vegas? If not, can I call you from there every night before a Twins' game?
        I am actually heading to Vegas tomorrow or yesterday. That is what I get when I write these, while doing 7 other things at the same time.

Comment

LOL! Good one, JoeBoo.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            I am actually heading to Vegas tomorrow or yesterday. That is what I get when I write these, while doing 7 other things at the same time.
            Put some down on the Twins.

Layne Somsen went another inning tonight, pitched the 9th in a 4-0 win, struck out two, gave up his first hit. Six strikeouts in three innings. WHIP if .5. Keep it up!!

Comment

IIUC, Tyler is reporting that Blake Treinen has been called up and is in the Nationals clubhouse for the game today.

Comment

He is warming up in the bullpen right now as the Nationals melt down in Atlanta

Comment

Blake Treinen out to make his major league debut in the bottom of the sixth inning.

Comment

He got BJ UPton on a grounder in his first out, gave up a hit to Freddie Freeman and then struck out Chris Johnson with a slider that F.P. Santangelo, the Nat' color guy, had "hair on it." Now facing the red-hot Justin Upton.

Comment

Upton gets an infield hit and the Nats commit an error on the play, their third of the night. Facing Uggula with batters on first and third.

Comment

Uggula flyout to right, scoreless inning in his debut.

Comment

Treinen retires the Braves in order in the 7th. The Nats have the middle of their order coming up, so it's possible he could start the 8th.

Comment

he's out of game, debut line: 2 IP, 2 Hits, 0 Runs, 1 K

Comment

And Layne Somsen went 1 2/3 for Dayton tonight, gave up a hit, but got all five outs on strikeouts.

Season line so far: 4 2/3 IP, no runs, 11 strikeouts. Meaning that 11 of his 14 outs have been Ks.

Comment

Working...
                              X